TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
(emphasis by me) We need an icon of a RED flag to use in posts like this. Not TO, but WITH...

I wholeheartedly agree. The way he was speaking about her there, the wording, and the way he has reportedly been posting about her on his MS, that he loves and misses her, leads me to believe that he has been trying to have a 'special' relationship with her. I think she threatened to tell and he was forced to dispose of her. I hope not, but the suddenness of it baffles me.

Has this been posted? Sorry if it's a repeat, it's new to me. It explains why there was confusion on exactly when Jean seen Hailey.

She saw her twice that day.

Jean Burroughs, who has a beauty shop on 19th and Locust streets, said she saw the teenager twice between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Dec. 27.

First, Burroughs said she saw Hailey walking on East 19th Street

"I'm certain it was Hailey; I've known her for years," said Burroughs, who lives in a house behind the home on Chestnut Street that Billie Jean Dunn shared with Adkins and her two children.

Burroughs said she later saw Hailey walking down the alley behind her shop.

Travis Walston, who owns a house two doors down from the Dunn home, reported seeing the teenager Christmas Eve.

He said that Dennis Pharris, who was living in Walston's house, reported seeing Hailey in her backyard talking on a cell phone at noon Dec. 27.

"I have told the cops that his story is not reliable," said Walston, who added that he had kicked Pharris out of the house. It is unknown whether Pharris is a person of interest

http://www.reporternews.com/news/20...missing-colorado-city-teen-h/?partner=popular

My neice has "gauges" in her ears to stretch the holes, and my understanding is that you do not take each size out for at least 2 weeks, or until the initial holes are healed. I'm thinking if Hailey was interested in stretching the peircings in her ears, she would know not to take the earrings out, and wouldn't have. jmo....

You're right. The GF's explanation for why Hailey's earring was found under her couch is incoherent IMO.

IMO, It's possible he said "with her" because she is missing, as opposed to "to her" if there was confirmation that she had been harmed (i.e. a body being found or blood evidence).

This may be a bad example, but I feel the need to clarify. I realize obviously that she is a person and not an inanimate object, but here goes:

If say, I can't find my mp3 player, and my husband last had it, I might say to him "what did you do WITH it?", but if I found it sitting on the table broken, I would say "What did you do TO it?"

I have NO idea if I'm making sense outside of my own head!

jmo

I just don't understand why they would take a parent of a missing child to a landfill, and only ONE of the landfills they are checking... I'm thinking that they may have needed her to identify something that is medium to large in size.. furniture, mattress, or a large container.. ?? But why take her while they have the cadaver dogs with them...??? .... Was gonna say, I'm hoping for an update, but that might confuse me more...:)

(emphasis by me) We need an icon of a RED flag to use in posts like this. Not TO, but WITH...

I wholeheartedly agree. The way he was speaking about her there, the wording, and the way he has reportedly been posting about her on his MS, that he loves and misses her, leads me to believe that he has been trying to have a 'special' relationship with her. I think she threatened to tell and he was forced to dispose of her. I hope not, but the suddenness of it baffles me.

The way he 'smiled' and smirked while he spoke of her in the initial videos was eery. He looked smug, not worried or scared. While he said the words " we are ready for her to come home' he was shaking his head no.

Very interesting:

I would never do anything WITH that little girl

vs:

I would never do anything TO that little girl

What is SA really saying here?

Thanks,

Mel

I also noticed that odd wording right off the bat--if he's not guilty, then he's certainly one of those people who's his own worst enemy, for sure--

I think she used that term clinically, like she would as a nurse. I think she was warning the police that he had mental issues. There was nothing to indicate he was ' retarded' in any way. But the anger and death threats and escalation indicated that he was dealing with mental health issues. NOW she says she meant 'retarded' because she does not want to admit that she knew way back then that he is crazy.

I thought that same thing..in the context of the 911 call she was insinuating he was "a little crazy". I was actually surprised she explained it the way she did on NG. It just didn't wash.

We don't have one yet ... but feel free to post it, I'd like to hear it :)

I have several. LOL. There's so much information, but yet, so little that will tell us where she is! I just might do that later tonight though, when I get everyone situated (well, ok - off to bed!!!) so I can concentrate better ;)

Put together, it's odd choice of words. He prefaces the "love" quote by saying: "As far as me, Hailey, Billie and David, we get along fine.

Have we ever heard SA say he loves Billie? I love MY son with all my heart. This wasn't his child, and it doesn't sound like they spent any quality time together. The reason I say this is because he said "she was always coming and going". He threatened to kill her for God sake! How is that loving someone with all their heart. Show me an example SA...just one! For starters, if you loved her so then you would be cooperating with LE.

MOO

Mel

Law enforcement has deemed SA to be one of possibly multiple suspects.

I am wondering if maybe they are trying to definitively rule out all of the landfills and other public areas so that they can give a judge a totally valid justification for seeking out a search warrant for the SA family properties.

If they can present an affidavit to a judge showing that they have checked, and rechecked, every other potential place that he could have left Hailey, then a judge would be more inclined to approve a request for an all encompassing search warrant.

None of what I just typed out really makes complete sense to me (LOL), but I am trying to discern why they have still not searched that family property. I know that I have seen many cases where it has taken much less in order to obtain a search warrant, so I am at a total loss as to what is keeping them from doing so in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX