TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone read about the Kailee Clapp case here? She was 14, beat & burned by her older boyfriend in a town not much larger than CC. There are still all kinds of possibilities here. However, if a message was sent to M via text from BD's phone that pinged in Big Springs, that would be convincing. jmo

Something I keep going over and over in my head is why would SA walk into his job site, buy a drink and then leave? Then concoct the arguement with supervisor story?

As a PP said, why not just call in sick? Did SA think calling in sick would be more suspicious? Did he show his face at work for some kind of alibi? Did he stop in to pick something up or drop something off?

Inquiring minds want to know.

That is what keeps bringing me back to SA as the prime suspect. I mean, let's say that a random stranger abducted HD that day. What a coincidence that SA just happened to walk away from a good job that day, even though he was reportedly a good worker, and chose to lie about it to BD. Why would he do that on the exact day that HD was abducted?
That is such a hurdle for me to get past. Now if he had a good explanation for it, like he was having an affair, then he would have passed the poly.
Why make himself a suspect in a murder /kidnapping when he could just admit to drugs or an affair?

It is just too much of a coincidence that he left his job and went back home
with no explanation and covered it up from BD. [reportedly]
If it wasn't for that I might have more belief in the random stranger theory.

But SA's hinky actions that day, his history of anger issues, his reported drug abuse mixed with prescription meds/alcohol., and his obsession with serial killers and death masks is just too much to ignore, imo.

I jsut read the affadavits and I have a statement/question. It definitely sounds to me that they based the 'kidnapping' status on something they saw on SA's phone. I am referring to the statement that says they saw something and then they asked him to see the phone again, and he deleted the information they had just looked at. I hope they can get the deleted info from the phone some way.

Also question is--who is Christina Walker the person the affadavit says the phone belongs to? tia

CW is SA's mom. she lives in Big Spring. She is married to SW, who is also mentioned in the same paragraph.

That breaks my heart...Now wish we could of come today, but will be there tomorrow morning! Each day that Hailey is not found, there is hope.

Someone that understands please explain what is more important today for locals than trying to find a missing girl in their community.

The problem is..with the time that she was "missing" before it was reported and all the time that Shawn had...sne could in fact be hundreds of miles from where she lives. Where do you even start to look for her? :(

A 45-yr old man has been arrested in the disappearance of Elizabeth Ennen from Lubbock, she has not been found, and they are not saying how they found him or what the relationship may be if any. She had been babysitting for family members of her "older" boyfriend before vanishing. This does not sound good for Elizabeth...

A 45-yr old man has been arrested in the disappearance of Elizabeth Ennen from Lubbock, she has not been found, and they are not saying how they found him or what the relationship may be if any. She had been babysitting for family members of her "older" boyfriend before vanishing. This does not sound good for Elizabeth...

Where was Humberto Salinas on 12/26-12-28 ??? and does he have associates???

Where was Humberto Salinas on 12/26-12-28 ??? and does he have associates???

The Lubbock news had Hailey on front page earlier, so I think the LE is aware of her, hope they will verify this...

I thought this quote by Polly Klaas' mother would be fitting here for Hailey's Case.

The community of Colorado City and the surrounding area are rallying together to help find Hailey.

Members of Websleuths and the Facebook Worldwide Community, are reaching out in support for Hailey Dunn and her family.

"I would like her to be remembered . . . Her story (should) result in
the community coming together in a way that shows just the very best of humanity,"
Polly's mother, Eve Nichol.
San Francisco Chronicle, Sept 28, 2003.​

globe.jpg

http://www.pollyklaas.org/about/pollys-story.html

I've been wondering about MB's family. Does she have older brothers, cousins, etc that live there? Maybe Hailey made it to MB's and something happened there? What do we know of her family?

I don't think so because of a few things;

1. Nobody saw her walking to MB's and it is kind of far and in the main area of town I believe.

2. As far as I know, there was no other communication with friends that day. If she was truly going to sleep over at MB's then there would have been evidence of texts or calls discussing it. ONE unanswered text to MB makes no sense at all.

3. She didn't take anything with her that would point to her going to a sleep over. She would have taken a hoodie and at least a small bag with a few things.

I was just thinking about the term Illegal Narcotics... If they were presxriptions would they have still labled it as such? When I think of Illegal narcotics I think of Marijuan, crack, cocaine ect... If i were to word it as prescription medicines with the money I would have worded it : The took out 140.00 to Illegally obtain presciption medications.?? Am i off in thinking this way?

Actually....have we heard SA describe that morning and his version of what happened at his job? Or, have we only heard Billie describe what happened?

The problem is..with the time that she was "missing" before it was reported and all the time that Shawn had...sne could in fact be hundreds of miles from where she lives. Where do you even start to look for her? :(

They start where they always start - with the evidence. And we don't know all the evidence yet, but it will come out in time. I'm confident that there are things we don't know about yet.

Am I correct in thinking a sofa was removed from BD's residence? If true, who took the sofa and where is this sofa? Does LE have it and IF they do not, why not?

That's the sad part about this case -- the investigation/search seems to have been done backwards. IMO they should have brought KlassKids and the other organization in soon after KD disappeared and lots of people were volunteering to search. Yes, they did search then, but it was disorganized. (And i am not going to fathom a guess as to why TES was not brought in.)

I believe that this is why Marc Klass came into the picture (among any other personal reasons he may have which I consider are none of my business to speculate about). MK saw that this was happening and stepped in to at least get the searches organized and to instruct how to properly search.

In addition, it is my opinion that LE may not have acted quickly enough to secure certain areas and to collect evidence. Now they are backtracking.

It is heartbreaking to watch this and to wonder where Hailey is. :(

Yep! Sadly, it is always easier to name the child a runaway......:banghead:

While I do think that they need to keep Haileys story in the media for as long as possible I also dont agree with the way that its being done. I have worked on a lot of wrongful conviction cases and if this child is found murdered there is no possible way that SA could ever get a fair trial because of the information that has been released.

IMO, when the most sensational and damaging evidence against a suspect's character is videos he willingly made and shared online as well a online conversations on public internet forums, I guess he can't complain. When you put that kind of thing out there for the world to see, people are going to notice! Nothing unfair about that.

I will tell you, that the fact that there are only 10 investigators left on this case, is very discouraging. It took 6 months to get down to 10 investigators in Kyron Horman's Case.

Where is Hailey? :(

The 30+ law enforcement personnel investigating a week ago have been cut in half as the FBI has pulled back its personnel on the ground.

“Realities start to set in”, says Kampfer.

But two nationally recognized search organizations, Klaas Kids and the Laura Recovery Center for Missing Children, are staging at the Colorado City Civic Center each day before conducting daily searches. The groups say they’re far from giving up.

“Until a body is found, there is hope that Hailey is alive”, says Marc Klaas, Founder of Klaas Kids, who is in town from California.

Much of the public sentiment online and on the “Nancy Grace Show” is that the only named suspect, Shawn Adkins, is on the road to an arrest. But Klaas isn’t in Colorado City to speculate.

He describes his objective as a unifier between law enforcement, civilian search parties and the family.

However, each day that Hailey is not found, law enforcement appears to be somewhat scaling back their resources.

Klaas believes the only way to prevent that is to keep Hailey on the forefront of everyone’s mind.

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23467

I don't think hundreds of miles. I think it would have to be somewhere within an hours drive to get to, and within an hour to his moms. So that tells me - some where to the southwest, or northwest of Colorado City. Something west of CC. Im going by cell phone ping times.... and of course, this is JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx