TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but sadly it is a reality given how long it has been. I am still hoping that they will get someone in to "start over and start from the beginning". It's not too late to do a lot of things that weren't done when they should have been. But, I don't think it's going to happen. There seems to be a general "we've done it already" attitude going on. In my experience, even if you have done it, if you're not seeing the results you think you should, then you do it again, with a different group. Even the best miss things.

Interesting to note..Hailey spent the night Saturday night with her dad and he says she spent the day with him on Sunday..Of course Billie says that Hailey stayed home all day on that Sunday...and we have video of Hailey at the Dollar Store and somewhere else on Sunday..So I ask..what exactly did Hailey do on that Sunday...the last day that we know for sure that she was seen?...

Listen to dad..right at the end..
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjKhhnQlF2I&feature=related[/ame]

Not encouraging but understandable. It's been a over a month now. People have to get back to work, back to school, etc.

There is a core group of searchers and they have been trained by KlaasKids and LRC and they will be training new volunteers, they will be meeting twice a week to search. Much like how searchers have been searching for Lindsey Baum.

I honestly think LE should call in TES now, off of standby. If anyone can find her, it's them.

If your child was missing, would you just assume anything??

I can't understand why BD didn't grill SA up one side and down the other from the git-go. "Tell me EXACTLY what Hailey said, what she was wearing, did she seem happy, nervous, excited, was her hair combed, are you SURE she left at that time?", etc.

Also, cz told us BD first learned Shawn had not been fired on the Wednesday they were both interviewed by police.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #11
But BD didn't kick him out of the house until several days later. Yet, we still have no reasonable explanation for his mistruthification. BD claims she just never got a chance to ask him.

Whaaaa???? :banghead:

IIRC

BBM

I've wondered why she wasn't making a hole in the floor with his head while screaming in his face, "Where is my daughter!!??", but in all fairness, I've wondered that a lot about the Kyron Horman case and Haleigh Cummings case, too. Apparently I don't have the self-restraint of a Ronald Cummings. :innocent:

No, but sadly it is a reality given how long it has been. I am still hoping that they will get someone in to "start over and start from the beginning". It's not too late to do a lot of things that weren't done when they should have been. But, I don't think it's going to happen. There seems to be a general "we've done it already" attitude going on. In my experience, even if you have done it, if you're not seeing the results you think you should, then you do it again, with a different group. Even the best miss things.

Someone...like TES? I suppose if they are not brought in within the next couple of days, they never will be. I keep telling myself to have faith in all that LE knows that we don't, and all the evidence they have that we are unaware of. That still doesn't answer the question of "WHERE'S HAILEY???"

Somebody please refresh my poor old failing memory. Jan 3 was the first time Billie was on NG. She said on that show that Shawn had come home from work the Monday Hailey disappeared, right? Then the next night on NG, NG asked her about it, and she said she had just found out that day, Jan 4, that Shawn had left work that Monday. Right?

So here's what's bugging me. The change in the time Hailey went missing from 1pm to 3pm. Billie said it was because she had assumed Shawn had come home for lunch at 1pm, but that she found out Dec 29, while LE was questioning her and Shawn, that wasn't the case.

So does that mean that on Dec 29, they're sitting there with LE, and the time comes up, and Billie says "1pm - that's the time Shawn always comes home for lunch - that's how I know what time.", and Shawn says "Oh no, honey, it was 3pm", and LE, who's sitting right there, doesn't ask "Oh! Well. What were you doing home from work in the middle of the afternoon at such a weird time that wasn't your normal time on the day that just happens to be the day that Hailey went missing at a time that just happens to be that exact time?"

Or... did LE indeed ask, and that's when, per the affidavit, Shawn said, "Well, officer, and honey, I quit my job on Monday morning because there was a big blow up, so I went to my mom's for the day, and I just happened to decide at 3pm (the time that Hailey just happened to go missing) to go home."

I soooooooooooo am confused. :maddening:

JMO
I have had a problem with the initial time of 1:00 lunch because if SA has an hour lunch he spends 27 minutes driving each way. Leaves about 6 minutes to do whatever and then rush back. Anyone might have an hour lunch but for BD to so quickly come up with that as a normal activity like SA does it often seems sketchy.
Also take into account the cost of the gasoline every day...Gas is expensive and they dont appear to have lots extra to waste. Why not just pack a lunch or grab something quick with the guys at the local burger joint. I just thought it was odd she presented this as normal. I have had a problem with that from day1.
JMO

If you read the affadavits this information is there. An officer said he saw texts apparently gave the phone back to SA. He asked SA for the phone back and while he was standing there SA deleted texts. When asked why he did that SA said he didn't know.

IIRC, it was the call history that SA deleted from his phone in front of LE and that 3 of those calls were to "Billie". There was a discrepancy between the call history and SA's story. Billie later said the 3 calls were to her at work but wether they were made to her work phone or cell phone only LE knows for sure. I think the deleted text messages is a separate issue that arose after LE reviewed the info from Verizon, but that's just my opinion.

LE hasn't done all the searching they can if they have not searched in that lake they called a "canyon"...that is what TES is for; places need to be ruled out.

Remember, TES does not get involved in cases until they are specifically invited by family members to do so. :)

Billie has been in contact with TES for weeks and they were set to come in but CCPD would not give the okay. Billie has tried every way she can to get them in. It is the local city officials who don't want them here. MOO

This info was posted in thread 7, post 291, when czgtz confirmed that TES agreed to come, per Billie's request. Later that day, it was reported that after speaking with city officials , TES was put on indefinite hold.
Here is the link to that info:

[URL]http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328916[/URL]

TES has more advanced search tools than other organizations. They have drones that take pictures and side sonar radar. Someone with influence does not want them there.

I am sure that a close look at the bottom of the lake would reveal many old secrets even if nothing linked to Hailey's disappearance is there. There have been some serious drug busts in the Colorado City area in years past, maybe someone is afraid of what else might be seen with the drone...your guess is as good as mine! MOO

Somebody please refresh my poor old failing memory. Jan 3 was the first time Billie was on NG. She said on that show that Shawn had come home from work the Monday Hailey disappeared, right? Then the next night on NG, NG asked her about it, and she said she had just found out that day, Jan 4, that Shawn had left work that Monday. Right?

So here's what's bugging me. The change in the time Hailey went missing from 1pm to 3pm. Billie said it was because she had assumed Shawn had come home for lunch at 1pm, but that she found out Dec 29, while LE was questioning her and Shawn, that wasn't the case.

So does that mean that on Dec 29, they're sitting there with LE, and the time comes up, and Billie says "1pm - that's the time Shawn always comes home for lunch - that's how I know what time.", and Shawn says "Oh no, honey, it was 3pm", and LE, who's sitting right there, doesn't ask "Oh! Well. What were you doing home from work in the middle of the afternoon at such a weird time that wasn't your normal time on the day that just happens to be the day that Hailey went missing at a time that just happens to be that exact time?"

Or... did LE indeed ask, and that's when, per the affidavit, Shawn said, "Well, officer, and honey, I quit my job on Monday morning because there was a big blow up, so I went to my mom's for the day, and I just happened to decide at 3pm (the time that Hailey just happened to go missing) to go home."

I soooooooooooo am confused. :maddening:

I think LE prolly spoke with them separately. IMO, this is where the discrepancies were uncovered. SA was telling one story to BD and LE another.
And she either ignored it or he blew her off when she questioned him. jmo

lol, I hope the FBI did give BD a phone, lol. Oh waittttttttttt.............maybe she just figured out it was bugged and that's why the call 911 message came about, maybe it was to SA. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Oh hold on! We also heard about those mean LE taking her phone, but now they might haver given her one to replace it? People need to get their stories straight.

I could care less that LE took her PHONE. Taking her phone NUMBER is what I object to, especially if they won't answer incoming calls. I am concerned that they did not have the number transferred to a new phone, so Hailey COULD reach her on it if need be. She could hardly expect Hailey to remember a new number if she announced it on TV, but would no doubt have gotten LOADs of crank calls if she had. 911 was the best number for her to tell Hailey to call.

Correct me if I am wrong, but we don't have any 'ping' information on BD's phone at all, do we? Wasn't all the pinging reported just on SA's phone. If so does that strike anyone as odd? jmo

I wonder if I am giving LE/FBI etc. too much credit, but I would think that LE is watching any incoming calls on Billie's phone and checking the numbers.

If you read the affadavits this information is there. An officer said he saw texts apparently gave the phone back to SA. He asked SA for the phone back and while he was standing there SA deleted texts. When asked why he did that SA said he didn't know.

BBM

From the affidavit:
Investigator Sides looked at three phone calls that where (sic) placed from ADKINS phone to the name Billie. As the interview progressed, ADKINS provided information that could possibly contradict some of the information just viewed on ADKINS' cellular telephone. When asked if Investigator Sides could look at the phone again to verify what he had seen earlier on ADKINS' phone, or confirm that ADKINS was correct, Investigator Sides then witnessed ADKINS delete information from his cell phone and then hand the phone to Investigator Sides. Investigator Sides was unable to view the call log information that had been viewed earlier. Investigator Sides then asked ADKINS "What happened to the phone call list" and ADKINS was unable to give an answer.
http://www.newswest9.com/Global/link.asp?L=471989

So technically, the officer asked what happened to the call log and SA said he didn't know. Small difference, but I think it's easier for Shawn to claim he didn't know what happened as opposed to not knowing WHY he deleted the numbers or messages.

Not that I believe him either way!:furious:

IIRC, it was the call history that SA deleted from his phone in front of LE and that 3 of those calls were to "Billie". There was a discrepancy between the call history and SA's story. Billie later said the 3 calls were to her at work but wether they were made to her work phone or cell phone only LE knows for sure. I think the deleted text messages is a separate issue that arose after LE reviewed the info from Verizon, but that's just my opinion.

Do you remember by any chance where you saw/read that? I've been trying to figure out what it was he erased..the call history or a text and haven't seen it confirmed as to exactly what it was ....only that he did erase something right in front of LE...(guess he wasn't thinking that LE could still get that info..would just take longer)..

eta~nevermind! I see where Velouria linked to the affidavits..I missed that little part!!! ..hmmm..

Ok, I wanted to double check and make sure before I said anything. Here is a direct quote from the affidavits, with bolding done by me.

"When asked by Investigator Sides for access to his cellular telephone to check on call history and text messages, ADKINS' allowed Investigator Sides to look at the phone. Investigator Sides looked at three phone calls that where placed from ADKINS phone to the name Billie. As the interview progressed, ADKINS provided information to investigators that possibly could contradict some of the information just viewed on ADKINS cellular telephone. When asked if Investigator Sides could look at the phone again to verify what he had seen earlier on ADKINS phone, or confirm that ADKINS was correct, Investigator Sides witnessed ADKINS delete information from his cell phone and then hand the phone to Investigator Sides. Investigator Sides was unable to view the call log information that had been viewed earlier. Investigator Sides then asked ADKINS "what happened to the phone call list" and ADKINS was unable to give an answer."

What SA deleted was not texts, but a record of calls. Unfortunately, this affidavit doesn't state when these calls were made. ??

http://media.reporternews.com/media/static/0119_001.pdf

ETA: LOL, I see while I was busy typing away, several people beat me to it. Good Job!!!

I'm in agreement with this, and have even thought it's possible his phone went dead and because of his activities he wasn't able to charge it until he got to his mom's. Maybe even there was a bit of a struggle that caused him to drop the phone and it turned off, and he didn't notice it until he went to use it.

On the other hand, he'd be a freaking GENIUS if he had:

- gone to work to start establishing his timeline for the day, walking out as he did with the express intention of leaving an impression on people, so someone would remember that he was there.

- with the phone turned on, driven to CCity. Turned off phone.

- gathered evidence and took it in a direction OPPOSITE from Big Springs, possibly not even near where he works either, and disposed of the evidence.

- driven to Big Springs and turned his phone back on.

The natural assumption is that he spent all the unaccounted for time in CCity, and he went from there directly to Big Springs. Any searches would intially focus on the area between CCity and Big Springs.

Ok, then if he deleted the call log, maybe once LE got it from the phone company, they knew he had lied about calls made or received from Billie's phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foothillbilly