Found Deceased TX - Hamil Cody Ross, 33, left behind while driving to job site, Ector County, 9 Nov 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
ODESSA, TX (Big 2 / Fox 24 ) – Family members of Hamil Cody Ross have been searching for him nonstop for the past week.

Courtnee Ross, sister of 33- year-old Hamil Ross, says he was last seen Saturday, November 9th, 2019.

“As of right now, my brother has been missing,” Courtnee says. “He has been missing since Saturday morning about 2 a.m. off of 349 going to a job site.”

More at Family of missing Odessa man pleads for help

Well, this is unusual. Hopefully Hamil is somewhere safe.

Deputies say Ross’ boss stopped at the side of the road to make a call for directions.

His boss came back to the truck and drove off, that’s when one of the crew members realized Ross wasn’t inside.

WHAT??? Stopped at side of road to make a call to get directions? Had to get out of the vehicle for that? Gets back in the truck and doesn't realize a passenger is missing? And then when upon realizing that he wasn't in the vehicle, did not turn around to go back and get him? Hinky meter ringing....

349, going N or S? Surely S. Getting to a well or pump jack etc can be very difficult, especially at night, if this is a small outfit and the truck has no GPS and no one has been there before. The boss really dropped the ball, regardless. This is the second "gone missing" oilfield worker in what, six weeks, same area. First was found deceased. Prayers for the family.

He has multiple felony and misdemeanor arrests, including evading arrest. Could he have gone voluntarily missing to avoid any perception of not complying with terms of probation? Smart Search - ECTOR COUNTY PORTAL - District, County & Justice Court Records You can use the public access to court records in the link to find his cases via his last name, first and middle in the search engine.

WHAT??? Stopped at side of road to make a call to get directions? Had to get out of the vehicle for that? Gets back in the truck and doesn't realize a passenger is missing? And then when upon realizing that he wasn't in the vehicle, did not turn around to go back and get him? Hinky meter ringing....
Yes, this is one of the weirdest stories ever. Either the reporter did a terrible job or the people the police interviewed are withholding evidence.

He has multiple felony and misdemeanor arrests, including evading arrest. Could he have gone voluntarily missing to avoid any perception of not complying with terms of probation? Smart Search - ECTOR COUNTY PORTAL - District, County & Justice Court Records You can use the public access to court records in the link to find his cases via his last name, first and middle in the search engine.
"Perception of not complying"? Why would going missing help to avoid this? Either way, he isn't complying. If he was actually working, he probably had permission from probation. His most recent charge is a DUI, and he is on community supervision. He could be missing voluntarily, but it might be due to new criminal activity. A DUI resulting in probation isn't something a former felon would run away from.

So did this crew go back the same route after shift and search ? Did the boss not care that he was a man short or think the now missing man may have been injured or worse out there all night ? Did he call SO or St police to report missing employee. You can make a case for walk away or voluntary missing. But how many of you see this as a thought out plan to disappear. Wouldn't it be more sensible to walk away before being on the way with the crew to job sight ?? Sorry just too much off the wall stuff right for the get on this one. Prayers for Hamil and his family and friends. MOO. If you are able to please contact family

Yes, especially since they were supposed to be lost. Why run if you are lost? How would he know they would get lost and need to stop?
Furthermore, his boss, who would ostensibly be inconvenienced by losing an employee, AND the entire crew would have to be willing to lie for him. I don't think there's any way he wasn't seen taking off by a single member of the crew.

Furthermore, his boss, who would ostensibly be inconvenienced by losing an employee, AND the entire crew would have to be willing to lie for him. I don't think there's any way he wasn't seen taking off by a single member of the crew.
True. They would have to have been sleeping in a really large vehicle for them not to notice. If it was a bus, then I guess they might not have noticed.

On his FB, he has recently posted videos of himself working, so he ordinarily brings his phone with him to work. Odd that he wouldn't call his boss, other crew members or someone after being left behind. Also, what kind of directions were they pulling over and asking for that Google Maps couldn't guide them to?

How many people were in that work crew?

I've lived in west Texas and have family near where he went missing. There is nothing there.
If he is voluntarily missing, someone was out there waiting on him. If he is not voluntarily missing, I'd be surprised if he's alive. It's not summer in Texas, so he might be able survive longer than expected, but without water he would still have dehydration. Even if he's near a water source, it's probably contaminated due to fracking.

MOO IMHO

Maybe he stepped out for a cig or to pee and driver didn’t notice? I hate making calls around people, maybe the men in the truck were having a discussion and the caller thought it was too loud in the truck? Many reasons for both actions but doesn’t make much sense that you wouldn’t notice or get a call from him to come back in the first minute of continuing the drive... somethings off to sure, doesn’t feel like voluntary missing to me, getting lost and pulling over late at night couldn’t have been in his plan... what a strange situation!

Yes, this is one of the weirdest stories ever. Either the reporter did a terrible job or the people the police interviewed are withholding evidence.

"Perception of not complying"? Why would going missing help to avoid this? Either way, he isn't complying. If he was actually working, he probably had permission from probation. His most recent charge is a DUI, and he is on community supervision. He could be missing voluntarily, but it might be due to new criminal activity. A DUI resulting in probation isn't something a former felon would run away from.
I was thinking that prior to boarding the vehicle he might have had alcohol in his system and thought that might be detected. It's just speculation certainly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!
Back