TX - Harley Morgan & Rhiannon Boudreaux, killed in crash 5 minutes after their wedding, 23 Aug 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

PastTense

Reaction score
"Rhiannon Boudreaux and Harley Morgan had only been married five minutes before they were killed in a tragic car accident. On Friday, August 23, the Vidor, Texas couple died just as they left the Justice of the Peace’s office.

Earlier that afternoon, the two set off to tie the knot with five friends and family members in tow as witnesses. Rhiannon was wearing her wedding dress and had a bouquet of red flowers, while Harley was dressed in a formal dark suit. At approximately 3 p.m., the civil ceremony concluded...

Harley was pulling out of the Justice of the Peace’s parking lot onto U.S. Highway 87, when the couple’s Chevy Cavalier was struck by an oncoming 2015 Ford F-250 towing a trailer with a tractor."

Harley Morgan & Rhiannon Boudreaux: Newlyweds Killed in Crash | Heavy.com
Harley-Morgan-and-Rhiannon-Boudreaux_16cc704955b_large.jpg

I read about this yesterday and it’s so sad. Rhiannon looks to me like she is wearing the wedding dress of her dreams, and how sweet when they were married in the courthouse all dressed up! His poor mom who witnessed the wreck and tried to pull them out broke my heart. She saw her son die. Uggg.....

“"I watched my baby die," Harley Morgan's mother, Kennia, told KFDM. "I'm still wearing my son's blood because I was trying my best to rip him and her out of the car."

"That's an image that will haunt me the rest of my life. I won't forget it. It will never go away. I will see that truck hit my baby and kill my baby every night of my life, the rest of the time that I'm on earth."”

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/08/24/us...ceremony/index.html?r=https://www.google.com/

There are no words for a story this sad.

I assume there is an investigation as to what happened. It's possible that the deceased was distracted, and did not look at cross traffic carefully enough. It's also possible the other driver was going far too fast, and that contributed horrifically to the accident.

It looks like there are 4 Justices of the Peace in Orange County, Texas.
Justice of the Peace Homepage

The third (Judge Joy Dubose-Simonton) is the only one on Highway 87:
Justice of the Peace 3
with an address:
2524 Hwy 87 South; Orange, Texas
Google Maps

Looking at that area I would guess a highway speed limit of 50 mph or more instead of small town speed limits. I don't see any traffic obstacles--I think Harley was simply distracted because of the wedding.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back