GUILTY TX - Haruka Weiser, 18, found murdered, UT-Austin campus, 3 April 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Megan Menchaca‏ @meganmenchaca13 10m10 minutes ago
The story is over. It was about four or five pages with very graphic depictions of rape.

Adela Uchida‏ @adelauchida 4m4 minutes ago
The prosecution briefly asked Criner if a backpack and glasses found near the scene were his. He says no despite both being similar in appearance to his possessions.

Adela Uchida‏ @adelauchida 5m5 minutes ago
The prosecution moved on to asking if Criner agreed that the person who killed Weiser also kidnapped and robbed her. Criner said he would not know.

Alyssa Goard‏ @AlyssaMGoard 2m2 minutes ago
Apparently when Criner was in jail, he called his sister and told her that he did not have someone else’s laptop with him when he was at LifeWorks. But he was found with a Laptop. Criner says this discrepancy is because it didn’t occur to him the laptop belonged to someone else

Ryan Autullo‏ @AutulloAAS 2m2 minutes ago
Criner wants investigators "to continue the investigation . ...I'm worried about who did it."

Megan Menchaca‏ @meganmenchaca13 5m5 minutes ago
Criner says, while the jury should focus on his personal guilt or innocence, he is concerned with the prosecution finding the actual killer. “I’m more worried about who really did it. Violence like this makes me angry.”

Alyssa Goard‏ @AlyssaMGoard 1m1 minute ago
Criner to prosecutors: “y’all should focus on continuing the investigation afterward because I’m more worried about who really did it.”

Molly Oak‏Verified account @MollyAndAMic 36s37 seconds ago
STATE: "so all we have to decide is if you're the person who did it?" CRINER: "pretty much, but I don't like my odds."

Ryan Autullo‏ @AutulloAAS 4m4 minutes ago
Criner on guilt-innocence: "So far I don't like my odds." Says that it doesn't look good he was found with Weiser's stuff and has no alibi. "It doesn't look good for me ... I just came here to tell my story."

Megan Menchaca‏ @meganmenchaca13 3m3 minutes ago
More quotes from Criner: “I don’t like my odds (of being found not guilty). I don’t really have no alibi and it doesn’t look good for me. I just came here to tell my story."

Adela Uchida‏ @adelauchida 5m5 minutes ago
Criner said he only came here to share his story, but he “doesn’t like his odds” of being found innocent.

Alyssa Goard‏ @AlyssaMGoard 4m4 minutes ago
Criner says he didn’t do it, but when it comes to the jury “So far I don’t like my odds.” He spoke in fragmented sentences but basically said all the stuff he wound up with plus is lack of an alibi make it tough.”It doesn’t look good for me”

Megan Menchaca‏ @meganmenchaca13 2m2 minutes ago
After multiple questions from the prosecution, Criner says it's obvious that someone murdered, kidnapped, sexually assaulted, and robbed Weiser. These were all the charges the prosecution is trying to prove occured, and prove that Criner did.

Alyssa Goard‏ @AlyssaMGoard 11m11 minutes ago
“It doesn’t really matter, I’m just here to tell my story,” Criner said @KXAN_News
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Ryan Autullo‏ @AutulloAAS 6m6 minutes ago
Prosecution passes Criner back to the defense. Criner says he wrote graphic story when he was 12, has nothing to do with this offense.

Adela Uchida‏ @adelauchida 2m2 minutes ago
The defense briefly had Criner reestablish his timeline of night of the murder. Then passed it back to the prosecution who asked Criner if he was planning to write another story about rape. Criner agreed he had a file stating he planned to write another rape story.

Megan Menchaca‏ @meganmenchaca13 4m4 minutes ago
Criner is done testifying. He says "Are you serious? That's it?" when he is excused.

Ryan Autullo‏ @AutulloAAS 2m2 minutes ago
Criner is off the stand. Criner: "Are you serious? That's it." We're done for the day. Back at 8:30 a.m. with another witness or so followed by final arguments. Thanks for following. I gotta knock out a story. Bye!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks again Yes/No for covering all the tweets about the trial. I hope my barging in today did not disrupt much.

It was an amazing day in court. The days are not usually this exciting so had to stick around.

I need to read about what other evidence was presented before I can try to predict what jury may do.

One thing for sure. His arrogance on the stand was not good for him.

I am convinced he did it, but I am also now convinced he is mentally disordered and really doesn't understand right from wrong.

Thanks Yes/No for covering this trial.

Been reading along where I find the time and you are doing an amazing job.

Its an interesting and sad case. Surprised
there is not more interest from others.

Wanted to thank you for your coverage.

Your welcome...:)

Im surprised the judge allowed this journal to be entered into evidence. Its good for the prosecution but from a legal standpoint Im surprised since it was written as a ficticious story by him years ago.

I hope this is not a possible appeal issue in future

I don't understand either- he was 12 when he wrote all that garbage and teenage boys' minds run amok with all sorts of naughty things...

I am convinced he did it, but I am also now convinced he is mentally disordered and really doesn't understand right from wrong.

BBM That's what I was thinking when he was on the stand today, but I don't know for sure- I do think he did it tho'.

I don't understand either- he was 12 when he wrote all that garbage and teenage boys' minds run amok with all sorts of naughty things...

I really hope this is not a possible appeal item that can be brought up if he is convicted.

If I was defense I would be flagging this as an appeal issue. It sure swayed the jury IMO based on a ficticious story.

If he would have written that after the murder then it would be different.

Im shocked this was allowed as evidence.

Thanks again Yes/No for covering all the tweets about the trial. I hope my barging in today did not disrupt much.

It was an amazing day in court. The days are not usually this exciting so had to stick around.

I need to read about what other evidence was presented before I can try to predict what jury may do.

One thing for sure. His arrogance on the stand was not good for him.

You didn't barge in....I think I'm tweeting for no one when people don't post something or even "like" a post so I know someone is there, but I trudge on...
animated-smileys-laughing-304.gif

On witness stand, Criner denies killing UT student Haruka Weiser

"3:50 p.m. update: Meechaiel Criner, the 20-year-old charged with capital murder in the slaying of University of Texas freshman Haruka Weiser in April 2016, testified Wednesday and denied killing her.

Defense attorney Ariel Payan asked Criner: “Mick, did you kill Haruka Weiser?”

“No, sir,” Criner said. He also said he had never seen Weiser.

As Criner’s defense lawyers began presenting their case to jurors, Criner spent a good part of the afternoon answering questions about the time leading up to Weiser’s death...."

On witness stand, Criner denies killing UT student Haruka Weiser

newsEngin.22558602_rbb-Criner-murder-case-0087.jpg

(Meechaiel Criner, far left, who is accused of killing University of Texas student Haruka Weiser in April 2016, sits with his defense lawyers during testimony last week at his capital murder trial. RICARDO B. BRAZZIELL / AMERICAN-STATESMAN Photo: RICARDO B. BRAZZIELL / AMERICAN-)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After letting this sink in overnight, I am really wondering who found him fit to stand trial, or if due diligence was met there in evaluating him. In other cases I would be throwing tomatoes and calling it a good performance, but I've seen what that kind of upbringing does to a person and his other actions just show a very disjointed, disenfranchised and dysfunctional mind. I wouldn't be surprised if he disassociated his act on Haruka and "watched" himself do it, or decided to do it knowing he would be caught and jailed which is better than his life outside (as he said, the best thing that ever happened to him). At any rate, it was a great move by the defense, as such things go, to put him on the stand because while it doesn't really help show he is innocent, it may help him get a reduced sentence. I personally believe death row is not the right place for him or anyone with mental disabilities. He is a product of everything wrong with society and impoverished families and as someone that normally supports the death penalty, I just can't in this case and don't think the jury will either, honestly.

But then again, we didn't see the autopsy photos. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vec416
Back