Found Deceased TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, murdered, baby stolen, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 *friend charged* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention the heightened security needed on this date in Austin (and ALL state capitols) around ANY governmental buildings. I think resources might need to be diverted from the business of the courts right now unfortunately.

Of course, how did I not notice the date and connect. I watch the news daily and have been following from the UK.

I was just talking about Wednesday to my husband this morning and saying how frayed peoples nerves will be, even with masses of security surrounding the capitol buildings.

My plans were to watch the inauguration if possible. And still it didn't click that the date clashed.

Unfortunately, this is probably an accurate statement. We’ve had protests at the Capitol building pretty much daily since the election. I can imagine the crazy on the 20th.

I only hope there's no trouble on the 20th. I've been watching Sky News here every day and it's dreadful what these idiots are prepared to do.

It looks like one of Magen's (I hate calling her by her name bc I knew Heidi and don't think she deserved that much respect but oh well) anyway I noticed that one of her defense attorneys has changed?? it was Jackie Wood now it is Kellie Bailey. I haven't seen anything on that and wondered if y'all have?

From the docket report, it seems that the defendant will NOT appear in-person for court date 1/20/21. I presume this will be another virtual hearing.

Also, I've not seen any evidence that attorney Wood filed a motion to withdraw as counsel. *Attorney Baily has a wealth of experience -- maybe the defense is preparing to present the plea deal negotiation to their client now.

Maybe Attorney Wood not avail on 1/20 and Bailey appearing with Brian Erskine. I believe MF has to have a minimum of two attorneys at all hearings since this is a capital murder case.

ETA: *

upload_2021-1-18_14-34-0.png

Criminal Docket Search

Last edited:
Refreshing my own memory, it seems the last hearing was on Monday, Feb 3, 2020 where MF's defense argued that the Travis County DA's office should receive sanctions because they've been slow on providing discovery to the defense.

The Judge didn't buy it -- providing the following in response: Puryear said he won’t require the State to disclose what information was provided to grand jury for Fieramusca’s capital murder indictment.

The Judge's statement really rattled Attorney Erskine who made the following statement to the media:

"When you charge somebody with something like capital murder, that's a big deal. You are essentially defaming them in the public eye. Obviously, this case has a lot of eyes, a lot of attention, and our client deserves her day in court," Erskine said.

Later Friday evening, Erskine released another statement regarding what was disclosed to his team:

"Last week we filed formal discovery motions to address the government’s failures in the disclosure process. Late Friday the government trickled in limited information and filed a response to our discovery demands. Prosecutors suggesting the 50 evidence items uploaded Friday evening was significant, yet failed to acknowledge most included innocuous documents such as a Detective’s to-do list. The government insisted they would provide information as it became available, which begs what information was available to the grand jury.

During today’s hearing prosecutors argued this limited disclosure placed them in compliance. It does not. The government’s limited disclosed information does not contain sufficient links or evidence that would substantiate an indictment for any charges, let alone Capital Murder. Their insistence that this information is forthcoming is not a relief, but instead a burden. The government rushed to indict Ms. Fieramusca last week in order to avoid an examining trial which would have required them to call witnesses to substantiate probable cause or risk letting Ms. Fieramusca out on bond. This rush stymied our client’s ability to learn about any evidence against her and simultaneously created a continued pretext for the government’s slow discovery process while Ms. Fieramusca remains in custody.

Our insistence on these issues is to ensure the government is held accountable, and we will continue in our efforts to vigorously represent Ms. Fieramusca, as she looks forward to her day in court."

Bryce Newberry@Bryce_Newberry

Hear from the attorneys for Magen Fieramusca tonight on
@KVUE
— their client is charged with capital murder, kidnapping, tampering with a corpse in connection to Heidi Broussard’s death

9:58 AM · Feb 3, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Heidi Broussard case: Magen Fieramusca court hearing | kvue.com

I guess the suspect's lawyer was expecting MORE evidence than *just* that the victim's body was found in his client's vehicle, the vehicle was found hidden in the back yard at her home while his client was inside her home with the victim's newborn baby, claiming the child was her own? It is surprising to him that a grand jury would indict based even on just that alone?

Wednesday, January 20th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 9am CT) - TX - Heidi Elizabeth Broussard (33) & Margo(t) Elizabeth Carey (2 wks.) (missing on Dec. 12, 2019, Austin; found Dec. 19, 2019, Heidi deceased inside trunk of car (2015 Nissan Versa) owned by Magen at Jersey Village near Houston; baby Margo(t) alive & healthy). *Magen Rose Fieramusca (33/now 35) aka Maygen Humphrey, Magan (& Magen) Rose Humphrey, Maygen Fieramusca, May Humphrey & May Fieramusca arrested (12/19/19) & charged (12/20/19) with 2 counts of 3rd degree kidnapping & 1 count of 2nd degree tampering with a human corpse. $600K bond.
Indicted & recharged (1/28/20) with capital murder by terror threat & 2 counts of 3rd degree kidnapping (Margo(t)) & 1 count of tampering with evidence. $1M bond (on murder).
Court info on case & hearings from 12/20/19 thru 7/5/20 reference post #792 here:
Found Deceased - TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 *friend, Magen Fieramusca charged* #12

8/4/20 Update: Pretrial hearing has been rescheduled to 9/1/20. 9/1/20: Hearing was reset to 9/29/20. 9/29/20 Update: Hearing was reset the hearing on 10/23/20. 10/23/20 Update: Pretrial hearing has been rescheduled to 11/24/20. 11/24/20 Update: Hearing was rescheduled to 12/16/20.
12/16/20 Update: Pretrial hearing has been rescheduled to 1/20/21 with counsel only. The docket report say that the defendant will NOT appear in-person for court date 1/20/21. Will probably be another virtual hearing. Maybe Attorney Wood not avail on 1/20 & Bailey appearing with Brian Erskine.

Anyone know how the District courts work virtually? Here is the channel but it doesn’t appear to have any information.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCALUM3kHXJWL_VInE3AbheQ/featured

From the Travis County District Court site, they published the following youtube links. MF's docket indicates she's in Court #460 but there's also no content at the youtube link listed. I did not try the other links..

https://www.traviscountytx.gov/images/courts/Docs/youtube-criminal-courts.pdf

@Seattle1 - since I'm going to be gone next week (surgery) - was wondering if there might be a "next" court date yet?

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-002.gif.pagespeed.ce.NgmNDJ18zj.gif

Use this link to check dates. Looks like 2/26 is next. Still PreTrial and UDS16 (whatever that means).

Criminal Docket Search

Unfortunately the link won't let me in... that why I ask on this case for someone to help me!
And I thank you LongLittleDoggoe for your help! :)

Is there a "time" on when it starts? TIA!

From the docket report, it seems that the defendant will NOT appear in-person for court date 1/20/21. I presume this will be another virtual hearing.

Also, I've not seen any evidence that attorney Wood filed a motion to withdraw as counsel. *Attorney Baily has a wealth of experience -- maybe the defense is preparing to present the plea deal negotiation to their client now.

Maybe Attorney Wood not avail on 1/20 and Bailey appearing with Brian Erskine. I believe MF has to have a minimum of two attorneys at all hearings since this is a capital murder case.

ETA: *

View attachment 279979

Criminal Docket Search

Is there an offer on the table?

@Seattle1 - since I'm going to be gone next week (surgery) - was wondering if there might be a "next" court date yet?

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-002.gif.pagespeed.ce.NgmNDJ18zj.gif

Use this link to check dates. Looks like 2/26 is next. Still PreTrial and UDS16 (whatever that means).

Criminal Docket Search

Good luck with surgery @Niner.

Confirming the next pretrial hearing for Cap Murder & Kidnapping charges set for 9 AM on
2/26/21.
Docket also shows Kidnapping & Tamp/Fab Phys Evidence w/intent to impair hum corpse as UDS16 type which means charges filed but unindicted by GJ.

Unfortunately the link won't let me in... that why I ask on this case for someone to help me!
And I thank you LongLittleDoggoe for your help! :)

Is there a "time" on when it starts? TIA!

Ah, sorry about that. Didn’t realize that you were out of country (or the link had restrictions). :)

Looks like @Seattle1 has you covered!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member