TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So y’all did see that guy today?? The other man? I wondered like crazy but was afraid to post anything! Lol! I’m obviously new here. Hey!!
You’ll get over it. It took me while too. I was so intimidated to start with. I was afraid someone was going to yell at me or tell me everything I was posting was wrong r had nothing to do with the case. But here there are rules, so unless you break one of those, you are goodl

FBI, Texas Rangers joining search for missing Austin mother, baby

Quotes from article:
Investigators told KVUE what they're doing to try to solve the case.

Author: Tony Plohetski
Published: 10:13 PM CST December 16, 2019
Updated: 10:15 PM CST December 16, 2019
AUSTIN, Texas — Heidi Broussard, 33, and her now three-week-old daughter, Margot Carey, haven't been seen since Thursday.

Austin police plan to give an update on their search for the pair on Tuesday – but Monday evening, KVUE learned that the FBI and Texas Rangers are joining the search.

Investigators told KVUE that they are trying to remain neutral and not jump to any conclusions. They are working the case from two possible angles: that Broussard left on her own and they need to know that she and her baby are safe; or that they are victims of foul play.

RELATED: Father makes plea for missing Austin mother and her 2-week-old baby girl

Investigators are scouring forensic data and conducting on-the-ground investigation, including interviewing all of Broussard's close friends and family and in some cases building a timeline of their whereabouts and alibis around the time Broussard and the baby disappeared.

Investigators are also looking at hours and hours of video, not only from the South Austin apartment complex where Broussard lives but also from nearby businesses. They tell KVUE they have knocked on every door in the complex to interview neighbors and they have done an analysis of the apartment for any possible forensic evidence. [BBM - answered questions posted earlier this evening on WS].

So far, investigators say they haven't turned up anything that firmly indicates anything one way or another.

The entire Homicide Cold Case/Missing Persons Unit of the Austin Police Department – a total of about seven investigators – is investigating this case and as of Monday night, they have asked for and gotten help from outside law enforcement as well.
It looks like they are leaving no stone unturned. I hope they find them both alive. IMO

If did think keys might be in a dumpster, I would assume he'd be thinking someone else, like an abductor, threw them there.
IF he had looked into the dumpster and seen her keys, I would hope he wouldn't have gone in and grabbed them...:eek:....

that would have angered the FBI to no end....1st, because it would have erased any forensics evidence...

and 2nd, it might have been a way of covering up if it was his DNA on the keys last...

She drove in with baby from the school. She didn't stop anyplace on the way home? Did someone see her walk up the stairs with the baby and baby stuff...or did someone else shove them into a van or car trunk, but put that stuff upstairs and left her purse in the car? See, it doesn't make sense a stranger would carry stuff upstairs.

Don't judge, I'm just tired. :rolleyes:
Presser tomorrow, maybe answers.
Good-Night for now.
Naw, what could have happened is, she too the baby in the infant/car carrier upstairs, with the diaper bag and her purse, intending to get the baby settled and go back down for whatever else she left in the car, her purse, whatever. She gets in the apartment and goes to close the door but doesn’t close it all the way. Someone who saw her at the street or parking garage/area sees her and follows her up. Gets in the unclosed door and points a gun at her and tells her she’s coming with him and if she make any noise, he’ll harm the baby. She picks up her baby and he forces her out of the apartment and to his car. She is quiet so her baby won’t get harmed in any way.

In this way the carrier and diaper bag are in the apartment and so is the purse if SC was correct about where he saw it. And this would be why it’s not a crime scene and there isn’t blood all over the place. Ands that would be why no one heard or saw anything if they didn’t. That could also be why the rest if what she didn’t take the first trip got left in the car, cuz she didn’t get a chance to get any of it. IMO

I don’t know if he did anything or not, I’m not making excuses, but I am playing devil’s advocate and see where things could be one of the ways SC has said it was.

I don’t know anything about statement analysis or behavior and haven’t seen any of his interviews or I’d probably want to ask him more pointed questions. IMO

Yes, and I thought I heard him say in a previous interview the only thing missing was her cellphone, but now her keys are missing too.

I might be misremembering though. I need to go watch all the interviews again.

moo
I rewatched the video with the Christmas tree in the background and he says the only thing missing is the cellphone. He does not talk about the keys specifically though. Just that the cellphone is missing and everything else is here. Maybe he didn’t know the keys were missing yet.

moo

BBM

I really do hear you, Gitana (I love that name, btw) but, at least for me, there's nothing defensive. I'm cautious due to so many people who have been wrongly convicted of crimes, such as those who end up being released due to the work of the Innocence Project. Others have been wrongly accused of terrible acts, such as Richard Jewell. In all of those cases, people were positive they were guilty. I can't imagine a worse nightmare than being in the position of immediately having to be on guard and under the microscope, when loved ones are missing, because you're suspect numero uno (spouse). I'm reading along and clicking "like" on all of the posts who are going right where you are but I just can't. Not yet.

I’m sorry but I see certain posts as working hard to find reasons a case doesn’t fit a certain scenario rather than looking logically at each piece of evidence and seeing what it might represent.

He hasn’t been arrested. He’s not a person of color (who have higher rates of wrongful convictions). Black People More Likely to Be Wrongfully Convicted of Murder, Study Shows
He’s not been convicted of a crime.

He’s not a weird, loner type who really admired the police and was the first person to find a bomb.

It’s a combination of things here that have me feeling suspicious:

1. Large missing chunk of time. He’s a person who hasn’t accounted for four hours of time while accounting for everything else.

2. Lack of concern. Who was so unconcerned when he found his newborn and girlfriend missing, but the diaper bag, purse with money, and car behind, and in an unlocked car. Remained unconcerned for four whole hours. Still was not alarmed enough to call the police when the school four hours later. And waited an hour to call police after that.

3. Strange affect and behavior. Evasive eye contact during interviews. AND inappropriate smiling and laughing. AND rocking and self-soothing.

4. No third party. No evidence Heidi was schedule to meet with anyone.

5. No BOLO’s. No reports of anyone suspicious seen near her home or at her home. No BOLOs. And if there are surveillance cameras in the complex as the latest article indicates, there should be some third party or evidence that Heidi walked off. But we’ve heard nothing.

6. No public LE camera presence. No urgent please for help for the vulnerable infant and mom, by LE. They have avoided getting on camera for days. Not trying to really publicize shows no real sense of urgency when it comes to finding them alive.

7. The usual suspect.

8. Distancing language. Strange wording that indicates distancing efforts. “Beautiful women” when referring to fiancée AND newborn baby girl. “It’s my fiancée.” Referring to Heidi. “Set her to the side.” When referring to what the abductor should do with a supposedly live Heidi.

9. Lack of concern. Not being concerned with what info a call that came in could give him about his missing infant and fiancée. “I don’t care about the phone.” Looks at it for half a second as he quickly shuts it off.

And so on.

But once again, I’m not making an accusation. Baby snatching and post partum psychosis remain on my possibles list. I’m just trying to analyze everything with logic and see what is concerning to me and what appears more probable.

Not trying to explain away evidence because I think it doesn’t fit what I feel, but in doing so, inadvertently explaining away evidence that could support my position.

Thus, here are things I have discussed that point to something other than the usual suspect:

1. He says he called her at 1:40 pm. That should be super easy to prove. Why would he call her if he actually came home and found her there and then something happened between them, later? Time line and phone records should be easy to establish this.

2. Except in cases of child abuse it is rare for parents to decide to kill only one of their own kids.

3. Hasn’t lawyered up.

4. Willing to do multiple media interviews and hasn’t refused to answer their questions as far as we know.

5. Has shown genuine (I think) emotion when discussing his missing family and the circumstances of the case.

Regardless, I don’t judge cases based on the fact that sometimes innocent people are arrested or convicted. I also don’t judge cases based on how everyone else is feeling. There have been dozens of cases where people’s hinky meters have gone off and mine haven’t. Someone brought up the little boy with autism found drowned. People suspected his dad. Not me. I remember people suspecting Katlynn Cargill’s parents. Not me. Shaniyah Davis’s dad. Not me. Multiple cases.

And also some high profile cases where I didn’t agree with the majority as to guilt of the accused (West Memphis Three, Amanda Knox) and cases where people not formally accused but very suspected by thousands, I actually think are innocent (Madeleine McCann’s parents, for one).

But for me, innocent people being wrongfully convicted or arrested doesn’t inform my position when analyzing a case that just started. It’s simply the facts and what I see and hear. What’s logical to me. Human nature. Experience. And following these cases for a few decades now.

And what I see here stinks.

I have a question that has been smoldering inside of me. Have there been ANY video please from HER family? I have seen the partner/fiance and his father but no word from her family yet? If my daughters ever went missing, I would be camping out at the police station. I would be wearing the same clothes and looking sleep deprived and crying ugly tears. I feel like there should be an appeal from her family to find her and bring her home. If I missed an interview, please hit me up with a link. This is getting so weird. I hope we hear something more. Each hour that passes points to a bad outcome, IMO.

Maybe we haven’t seen them because that’s exactly what they’re doing- camped out at the police station.

But we have cell phones now. It certainly has changed how frequently people communicate with each other. And if HB calls her partner to tell him something like spending $25 it seems like she might take 5 seconds to text him she would be visiting a friend with the baby.

Moo
Or mention to him that she wasn't going to pick up their son from school. Didn't he think that was odd?

My kid's daycare used to fine us for late pickup. I think it was 25 bucks, then doubled fast. That got people there on time.

I just want to throw this out there as well. They have a 2 week old baby. I know they have other kids and maybe it’s a breeze to them but a newborn causes so much fatigue and confusion I do wonder if this is why there are so many consistencies with what the fiancée said happened that day. The days all mash into one when you have a baby and you live on such little sleep, maybe he is getting some things confused. Having said that though why would you go into such detail if you were that tired and unsure if that was the case. He mentions a lot of little details and the times they happened and I find it hard to believe you would remember all that, but like I said maybe they weren’t finding life to challenging with a newborn. I can tell you I have no idea what order I did things and at what time this morning and my baby is 6 months old.
Jmo! also do we know what he does for work? What was his job that day?

I could see him being conscious of the time because he was going to work so had to be. I was always like that.

Naw, what could have happened is, she too the baby in the infant/car carrier upstairs, with the diaper bag and her purse, intending to get the baby settled and go back down for whatever else she left in the car, her purse, whatever. She gets in the apartment and goes to close the door but doesn’t close it all the way. Someone who saw her at the street or parking garage/area sees her and follows her up. Gets in the unclosed door and points a gun at her and tells her she’s coming with him and if she make any noise, he’ll harm the baby. She picks up her baby and he forces her out of the apartment and to his car. She is quiet so her baby won’t get harmed in any way.

In this way the carrier and diaper bag are in the apartment and so is the purse if SC was correct about where he saw it. And this would be why it’s not a crime scene and there isn’t blood all over the place. Ands that would be why no one heard or saw anything if they didn’t. That could also be why the rest if what she didn’t take the first trip got left in the car, cuz she didn’t get a chance to get any of it. IMO

Remember I said, "Don't judge, I'm tired". I was trying to see this from a completely different angle with no success. Your theory is better, but it doesn't answer why someone wanted to take both mother and baby either. If someone nabbed them upstairs, there was a chance a neighbor saw them or that the baby would start crying. Why would this stranger person want to take them just from seeing them with no other motive? Did they want the baby or the mother? Plus they used their own car, and didn't want her purse 0r any money. Anything is possible, maybe the stranger took them to their underground shelter like in "Room" cause they wanted a family.

I need to hear something from LE. For now, I need sleep. zzzzzzzzzzz

I alway's try to follow active cases, but it is hard when you go to bed and comes back with 25 new pages to read through.

It saddens me that Heidi and Margot are still not found. Really curious about the PC that is coming. I hope we get some new information.

I’m sorry but I see certain posts as working hard to find reasons a case doesn’t fit a certain scenario rather than looking logically at each piece of evidence and seeing what it might represent.

He hasn’t been arrested. He’s not a person of color (who have higher rates of wrongful convictions). Black People More Likely to Be Wrongfully Convicted of Murder, Study Shows
He’s not been convicted of a crime.

He’s not a weird, loner type who really admired the police and was the first person to find a bomb.

1. Large missing chunk of time. He’s a person who hasn’t accounted for four hours of time while accounting for everything else.

2. Lack of concern. Who was so unconcerned when he found his newborn and girlfriend missing, but the diaper bag, purse with money, and car behind, and in an unlocked car. Remained unconcerned for four whole hours. Still was not alarmed enough to call the police when the school four hours later. And waited an hour to call police after that.

3. Strange affect and behavior. Evasive eye contact during interviews. AND inappropriate smiling and laughing. AND rocking and self-soothing.

5. No BOLO’s. No reports of anyone suspicious seen near her home or at her home. No BOLOs. And if there are surveillance cameras in the complex as the latest article indicates, there should be some third party or evidence that Heidi walked off. But we’ve heard nothing.

6. No public LE camera presence. No urgent please for help for the vulnerable infant and mom, by LE. They have avoided getting on camera for days. Not trying to really publicize shows no real sense of urgency when it comes to finding them alive.

7. The usual suspect.

8. Distancing language. Strange wording that indicates distancing efforts. “Beautiful women” when referring to fiancée AND newborn baby girl. “It’s my fiancée.” Referring to Heidi. “Set her to the side.” When referring to what the abductor should do with a supposedly live Heidi.

9. Lack of concern. Not being concerned with what info a call that came in could give him about his missing infant and fiancée. “I don’t care about the phone.” Looks at it for half a second as he quickly shuts it off.

And so on.

But once again, I’m not making an accusation. Baby snatching and post partum psychosis remain on my possibles list. I’m just trying to analyze everything with logic and see what is concerning to me and what appears more probable.

Not trying to explain away evidence because I think it doesn’t fit what I feel, but in doing so, inadvertently explaining away evidence that could support my position.

Thus, here are things I have discussed that point to something other than the usual suspect:

1. He says he called her at 1:40 pm. That should be super easy to prove. Why would he call her if he actually came home and found her there and then something happened between them, later? Time line and phone records should be easy to establish this.

2. Except in cases of child abuse it is rare for parents to decide to kill only one of their own kids.

3. Hasn’t lawyered up.

4. Willing to do multiple media interviews and hasn’t refused to answer their questions as far as we know.

5. Has shown genuine (I think) emotion when discussing his missing family and the circumstances of the case.

Regardless, I don’t judge cases based on the fact that sometimes innocent people are arrested or convicted. I also don’t judge cases based on how everyone else is feeling. There have been dozens of cases where people’s hinky meters have gone off and mine haven’t. Someone brought up the little boy with autism found drowned. People suspected his dad. Not me. I remember people suspecting Katlynn Cargill’s parents. Not me. Shaniyah Davis’s dad. Not me. Multiple cases.

And also some high profile cases where I didn’t agree with the majority as to guilt of the accused (West Memphis Three, Amanda Knox) and cases where people not formally accused but very suspected by thousands, I actually think are innocent (Madeleine McCann’s parents, for one).

But for me, innocent people being wrongfully convicted or arrested doesn’t inform my position when analyzing a case that just started. It’s simply the facts and what I see and hear. What’s logical to me. Human nature. Experience. And following these cases for a few decades now.

And what I see here stinks.
giphy.gif

7. The usual suspect.

And so on
RSBM

On top of all that is self concern. Everything was about how HE starts HIS day when the interviewer asked about Heidi’s usual day. Worried about appearing natural and feeling “weird” while his brand new baby is missing?

If I’m being super generous I can maybe come up with excuses for the other stuff - sleep deprivation, nerves, The Austin Slackers mentioned previously, personality disorders, but what possible excuse is there for worrying about yourself when you don’t know what state your fiancé and newborn daughter are in?
Moo

Yes. That phone call could be coming from Heidi, or it could have been someone in law enforcement letting him know about a break in the case.

The disregard for it is very odd.

To me, this could be one of the clearest potential “tells” I’ve ever seen on WS. This is HUGE, imo. I about fell out of my chair when I saw that this morning. I can not express enough how significant and foreboding I think this is.

Last edited:
To me, this could be one of the clearest potential “tells” I’ve ever seen on WS. This is HUGE, imo. I about fell out of my chair when I saw that this morning.

That was indeed super weird. Like all the small weird points he does/say's just come together as a big issue that is impossible to ignore. Very fishy.

Like the phone thing in the interview, the different details he gives. Some of his body language.

To me, this could be one of the most clear potential “tells” I’ve ever seen on WS. This is HUGE, imo. I about fell out of my chair when I saw that this morning. I can not express enough how significant and foreboding I think this is.
Shortly after SC’s dad’s,phone rings and he also shuts it right off without looking.

To me, this could be one of the clearest potential “tells” I’ve ever seen on WS. This is HUGE, imo. I about fell out of my chair when I saw that this morning. I can not express enough how significant and foreboding I think this is.

Magz, this is exactly what I thought when I watched the video of him silencing his phone without looking at who it could be.

Something just crossed my mind as to the differences in his interviews. Outside of the apartment, he seemed more "normal" upset. The inside one, with all of the smiling and laughing? He may have been high. If he's a regular smoker, he's probably smoking more now, to cope (assuming he's innocent). People DO laugh when high, no matter how inappropriate it may be. On the outdoor interview, I still can't past the phone, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clm79