TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It gets dark here at 5:30 or so. If Austin is an hour later, I'd guess it was dark there around
6: 30 or shortly after. LE says they weren't called till 7:30pm or close to it.

It's actually pretty dark here at 5:30. I was complaining about it the day before she went missing (like I do every day - the time change - ugh.)

Correct, the presser is set for 1pm CST, which is about 3.5 hours from now.
Apologies if asked before, but does anyone know link for PC?
TIA
DEC 17, 2019
APD to provide update on missing mom, infant at 1 p.m. Tuesday; FBI assisting investigation
[…]

The FBI has confirmed they are assisting in the investigation.

APD issued a statement on Monday that read in part:

The disappearance of Heidi Broussard and Margot Carey is still a very active and ongoing investigation. We continue to ask for the public’s assistance in locating Heidi and Margot. If anyone sees them or knows of their whereabouts, please call 9-1-1 immediately. We will provide updates as they become available.

The briefing time for the news conference is at 1 p.m. at APD Headquarters, 715 East 8th St.
----------

not sure if this will carry a link or not - here is her media thread - should contain some local links to news
TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019*MEDIA, MAPS,TIMELINE-NO DISCUSSION
Thank you!

I’m so hung up on the time of day. If this was an abduction... how did it go unseen in an apartment complex? If it was domestic, how the heck did he get the bodies out unseen?

Either scenario seems so ballsy but stranger things have happened. The little girl abducted from her moms arms in broad daylight or Jassy Correia’s alleged killer wheeled her out in a suitcase (although this happened at night but on camera) are two examples.

I grapple with that too but I just personally don’t see PPD/PPP or “voluntarily missing” without her son.

Just want to make sure I've got my times correct since I'm across the pond - the presser is in around 3.5 hours, right? I think 1pm there is 7pm for me. I just want to make sure I'm online for the PC.

The presser is at 1 pm Austin Texas time. Wherever you are in the world, just go into Google and ask "what time is it in Austin Texas" and it will show time difference for your area. I was shocked to learn it's just one hour off eastern, as I had thought it would be 2 hours off since in the middle of the US.

HTH

I have a few questions, and I'm not sure anyone knows the answer...

When did SC notice that the car was unlocked and her purse was in it? Was it at 2pm? or was it at 6pm when he went to pick up the son?

I'm not ready to jump all over SC for not being concerned right away, but knowing some of this info would help. If he noticed at 2pm, he should have been concerned right away. If it wasn't noticed until 6pm or later when he left to pick up the son, then it makes a bit more sense to me.

Why is the FBI involved? In what scenario do they get involved so early in a case? Is it a multiple state thing? Is it a Mexico thing? I have followed quite a few missing persons cases, maybe my memory is failing me, but I don't recall the FBI getting involved within a few days.
i think usually the fbi gets involved as a result of being asked by the local LE. fbi has technology resources that many local PD don't have. so i'd guess they are involved because APD asked. MOO.

It gets dark here at 5:30 or so. If Austin is an hour later, I'd guess it was dark there around
6: 30 or shortly after. LE says they weren't called till 7:30pm or close to it. So he may have had an hour to haul the bodies out in the dark.

That would make sense if he did something to him.

I'm not expecting new answers or information at the PC today other than to state that they are actively searching the area and then rehashing all the other things they are doing to try and find them. I hope I'm wrong!

But calling Dad? After he hasn't been able to communicate with his wife for 12 hours? She is with their 2 week old baby, turned off her phone, doesn't have her diaper bag or purse or car? Didn't pick up their son from school and didn't call to tell him she wasn't?

And so he calls his dad?

I don't know, but I think the story is different than his version he told---I don't think he called his Dad for information about where his missing wife was....I think he called him because he was super stressed out ...and Dad convinced him he had to call for help...JMO
Susan Powell's husband called his dad.

Sorry, is anyone able to quickly confirm the name of their apt complex? I'll look, too, but I think I found an apt number for her. (Trying to understand how the dog was on a balcony or if it's possible someone could have casually walked by a first-floor apartment and abducted her, etc.)

At the 1:50 mark: Search parties have been organized including one group planning to use drones...
Quoted bbm
I am having a tough time with him asking this particular question and here is why....

By him asking that question it could be that he was trying to confirm whether anyone heard screaming that day because he knew that screaming had occurred.

Just another take on that particular interview and JMO.

Another thing I want to add is although there is the absence of evidence that a crime has actually occurred, shouldn't LE have treated her vehicle as a crime scene to preserve any potential evidence? ie: fingerprint the steering wheel, check the positioning of the seat.....etc. as that was one of the last places she was known to have been in based on the fact that she needed it to get home from the school?

I haven't read that the car was towed....if there is a link to that info I would appreciate it being posted. ;)

Have any search warrants been issued that we are aware of? Apologies if I missed this as well, but the thread is moving fast and furious and I may have missed if it was posted.
We haven't heard about the car being towed or any search warrants yet.

Yesterday evening, we did learn that LE is working the case from two different angles - 1) voluntary disappearance, and 2) foul play. I would assume, #2 at least, would include a forensic examination of the vehicle.

Hopefully, we'll learn more from today's presser.
I'm confused also as I watched the video, but didn't see a statement by the aunt, link please someone?

Also, I still can't find any link/MSM re her mom visiting prior, anyone find such?

TIA as hate for stuff to get legs and running without me catching up, and others also I see.
A part of one of the aunt's FB posts is read and shown in the video (1:50 IIRC) but I didn't see or hear anything about her mom visiting either.

MOO

6: 30 or shortly after. LE says they weren't called till 7:30pm or close to it. So he may have had an hour to haul the bodies out in the dark.
What vehicle did he drive home in, his own or moving truck?

LE has not said much of anything including when they were called. MOO

What vehicle did he drive home in, his own or moving truck?

By him asking that question it could be that he was trying to confirm whether anyone heard screaming that day because he knew that screaming had occurred.

Exactly! For some reason he seems to think he’s the lead detective on the case. Maybe he thinks he can tell LE “no one heard screams, dumpsters are good to go, the city has no video, so we can move on“. In that large of a complex, someone saw something, imo.
Is he so naive he is unaware he’s under 24 hour surveillance and probably has been since his first encounter with LE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madsulli