TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my understanding - that the baby was with her when she dropped off the child, since police believe they returned to the house after this. MOO

APD NEWS RELEASE: MISSING ADULT AND BABY - Photos
Last seen dropping off a child at Cowan Elementary School (2817 Kentish Drive) on 12/12/2019 at approximately 7:30 AM. Heidi and Margot are believed to have returned to their residence near West William Cannon and South First Street, but have not been seen or heard from since.
To make that statement, it would seem that LE has credible information that HB was in contact with somebody that knew or could place HB home after the 8AM school run.

Is there any confirmation that SC was at work as he stated in his CBS/Austin interview?

I may be the odd man out on this one; however, homeless people get blamed for far too many crimes when in actuality they are just homeless and don't really go around abducting women and babies. JMO.
I agree, just making an observation, as there is a certain element of crime mixed in with that crowd.

Criminal record search can be done at link below.
Online Case Information

More observations that HB appeared to be on foot since her car was at home along with all the baby things -- assuming he's referring to a diaper bag, bottle, etc. Not likely mom with 2 week old would leave baby items behind even if taking the infant out for a short errand.

Earlier reports had me thinking that calling police at 6 pm not suspicious if school called after 3 pm and he traveled 6 miles round trip on to find HB was still not home.

Then I read that the door was found wide open (in December) when SC arrived home from work! That's a game-changer to me. I can imagine investigators asking SC how many times he's arrived home to find their door wide open.
I'm sure police found this entire explanation from SC very suspicious for all of the reasons that you point out. Of course, you wouldn't walk anywhere with a newborn baby, without anything, especially, your cellphone!

The door wide open and all HB's and baby's possessions inside, to include cell phone?! You are not startled or concerned enough to call school or police?? I would have called them in that order.

I also found it really weird that SC thought that something really would have changed from his short jaunt to the school and back. "When she still wasn't home when I returned from the school..." As if he had a two-hour round trip...I myself would have been calling 911 on the way to the school.

Is the stroller missing? Holding out hope she was out walking and when she pulled the door shut, it didn’t latch tightly. If someone snatched her and the baby, they could be holding them both. Someone that was overly interested in the pregnancy.

The google reviews for this complex say there are homeless living behind Summer Valley too. I don't know, a random abduction in the middle of the day at an apartment complex? I would think that would be rare in this particular case. Especially since I see a security gate at the entrance and have seen no mentions of it not working in the reviews.

I drove right in today....the gate was wide open. There were 2 homeless guys sitting along the complex on Wm Cannon drinking beer at 10:30 am. There was also a homeless woman with her life in a shopping cart. There are 2 tents set up as you turn onto S. 1st. But typically the homeless do their own thing. I don't think they have anything to do with Heidi and Margot missing....shady shady stuff going on it seems :( JMO

I might as well go ahead and start writing the PC right now.

“At approximately........Austin PD is being assisted by several agencies including TES, DPS, Texas Rangers, FBI, Game Commission....This is an active and fluid investigation.....We are pursuing all leads...I can not comment on that.”

ETA: Oh I forgot the big one, “In order to protect the Integrity of the Investigation...” (“close to the vest”)

Last edited:
I drove right in today....the gate was wide open. There were 2 homeless guys sitting along the complex on Wm Cannon drinking beer at 10:30 am. There was also a homeless woman with her life in a shopping cart. There are 2 tents set up as you turn onto S. 1st. But typically the homeless do their own thing. I don't think they have anything to do with Heidi and Margot missing....shady shady stuff going on it seems :( JMO

RBBM

No, I don't think the homeless would have harmed either Heidi or Margot intentionally. They may have asked Heidi for money.

JMVHO.

What I’m waiting for is in the PC if when a reporter asks if the community is in anger, is “At this time we have nothing to indicate that there is a threat to the community....but of course the community should “remain vigilant” and report any information they have to Law Enforcement...”

Actually, I don’t think they’ll use the word “vigilant” bc they usually say that when there is an active predator who is nonfamilial, moo.

—-

ETA:

Maybe have the local jail link handy here.

Who’s the lead LE on this? Going back to post 1. Will update here.

ETA2:

APD NEWS RELEASE: Please call 911 immediately if you have information about the whereabouts of Heidi Broussard and 2-week-old Margot Carey - Photos - https://mailchi.mp/austintexas/apd-news-release-missing-adult-and-child-829017…

View attachment 220131 View attachment 220130
Austin Police Department on Twitter

APD, that’s what I thought, so it’s not the Sheriff’s Dept, it’s City Police.

Last edited:
Okay, time and past time for LE to be pulling and reviewing every camera feed from around (1) the school, (2) HIS work, and (3) the apartment. And from any stores nearby that sell big tubs, tarps, rope.

I'm a cynic. MOO - another CW.

Okay, time and past time for LE to be pulling and reviewing every camera feed from around (1) the school, (2) HIS work, and (3) the apartment. And from any stores nearby that sell big tubs, tarps, rope.

I'm a cynic. MOO - another CW.

Yeah im afraid to say it but me too. I really hope they are found sooner than later.

Ohhhh, thank you for the observations!!!! Anything else noteworthy you observed? Where is the apartment located? Cops there? See any security cameras? Cops still searching behind complex?

To make that statement, it would seem that LE has credible information that HB was in contact with somebody that knew or could place HB home after the 8AM school run.

Is there any confirmation that SC was at work as he stated in his CBS/Austin interview?

Maybe LE knows she made it back because her purse and baby stuff are back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971