TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To make that statement, it would seem that LE has credible information that HB was in contact with somebody that knew or could place HB home after the 8AM school run.

Is there any confirmation that SC was at work as he stated in his CBS/Austin interview?
I was thinking that her car being back at home after dropping off her 6-year old would place her at home...I don't think she walked her son to school. But that is JMO

No confirmation of his presence or absence at work. Yet.

If they can confirm 100% that he was accounted for at work, that is one of the first things that LE would share as part of a public statement to do with this case so the public would remove their focus from him.

All JMO and observations from following other cases.

"The boyfriend saying he got home at 2 and she wasn't there , then the school called. "

anyone else seen conflicting info regarding this matter? If not look at her mom's FB page because she states things entirely different.
Does anyone know if the father of Margot is also the father of the brother?

Well, my hinky meter is getting a workout today. Just going to sit on my hands for now. Unless something incredible happens (like a Christmas miracle), I think I know where we are headed. It's only a matter of time.

MOO

Ohhhh, thank you for the observations!!!! Anything else noteworthy you observed? Where is the apartment located? Cops there? See any security cameras? Cops still searching behind complex?

I posted earlier but I know how posts get lost in the threads :) No police presence at all. Dumpsters full. No cams that I saw but that doesn't mean they don't have them. It's pretty wooded around and in the complex. Not like a forest but wooded area. Austin's got a lot of wooded areas everywhere! There are stores around...HEB grocery (the best store ever!), pawn shop, McDonalds, nail salon, etc but I don't feel cameras from there would capture anything...too far and too many trees, but it is a tiny bit possible if they lived in a front unit maybe....but the balcony's/porches face the streets. That area is a bit sketchy to me, but you can go just .25 miles and it's not bad. It's all relative though...the apt complex itself was fine but IMO in need of some updating of paint, etc. Had a more run down feel and the whole area seems industrial to me but it's not like there are factories and stuff if that makes sense? :) It certainly does not stand out as one of Austin's really bad areas that's for sure. The closer you get to I35 things start to go downhill.

Attachments

• IMG_5912.jpg
    IMG_5912.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_5917.jpg
    IMG_5917.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 157
I posted earlier but I know how posts get lost in the threads :) No police presence at all. Dumpsters full. No cams that I saw but that doesn't mean they don't have them. It's pretty wooded around and in the complex. Not like a forest but wooded area. Austin's got a lot of wooded areas everywhere! There are stores around...HEB grocery (the best store ever!), pawn shop, McDonalds, nail salon, etc but I don't feel cameras from there would capture anything...too far and too many trees, but it is a tiny bit possible if they lived in a front unit maybe....but the balcony's/porches face the streets. That area is a bit sketchy to me, but you can go just .25 miles and it's not bad. It's all relative though...the apt complex itself was fine but IMO in need of some updating of paint, etc. Had a more run down feel and the whole area seems industrial to me but it's not like there are factories and stuff if that makes sense? :) It certainly does not stand out as one of Austin's really bad areas that's for sure. The closer you get to I35 things start to go downhill.

Totally OT, but Bedichek Middle School, across from that HEB, was the high school in "Dazed and Confused."

I agree that the vast majority of homeless people are just trying to get by and would have no reason to abduct a mom and her baby.

But there are also some dangerous vagrants, who are hiding out from warrants, and have violent criminal histories, that tend to infiltrate homeless encampments. They need to stay off the grid and they will occasionally strike, if given the opportunity. JMO
There have been a few sexual assaults in daytime very close to where I live. Women out jogging the trails when they happened. The perps were from the camps. Victims were residents who lived near the trail. I do agree that MOST of the homeless are not doing these things and are down on their luck, but there are mentally ill and criminally ill people among them. Now the camps have been cleared, the crime has gone way down. Our complex also installed cameras for our safety after the break in of our former neighbors (who moved immediately after).

The google reviews for this complex say there are homeless living behind Summer Valley too. I don't know, a random abduction in the middle of the day at an apartment complex? I would think that would be rare in this particular case. Especially since I see a security gate at the entrance and have seen no mentions of it not working in the reviews.
If their security gate is anything like most in Austin, you can wait for a car to go in and follow it in as they stay open long enough for two or more if they follow closely. Gate codes are given to delivery drivers to get in all the time as well. Also if on foot, the gates can actually be taken off track and people can walk in. That is how our building was broken in to. The perp took the exit gate off the track and walked in. Now we have cameras and one is pointed AT the gate just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamagoldman