Found Deceased TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, murdered, baby stolen, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 *friend charged* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A capital crime is death penalty eligible. What happens after this will determine if it's pursued, but the groundwork has been laid.

In my opinion, they will seek the death penalty, despite TC's reputation for not seeking it in general.

State of Texas operates on a 2 tier process if you're indicted for capital murder: first is the trial phase to determine guilt or innocence, and 2nd is the penalty phase to determine whether the convicted will receive death or life in prison. Punishment is decided by the jury.

The last death sentence in Travis county was for Brandon Daniel who murdered an Austin police officer in 2012.

I’m not holding out hope on Travis County DA going for the death penalty. moo
In Texas, the death penalty is not decided upon by the DA.

It's a 2 part process in Texas. If you're indicted for capital murder, first is the trial phase to determine guilt or innocence,

The 2nd part is the penalty phase to determine whether the convicted will receive death or life in prison. Punishment is decided by the jury.

In Texas, the death penalty is not decided upon by the DA.

It's a 2 part process in Texas. If you're indicted for capital murder, first is the trial phase to determine guilt or innocence,

The 2nd part is the penalty phase to determine whether the convicted will receive death or life in prison. Punishment is decided by the jury.

I wasn’t clear in my post.

Texas DA’s have discretion on whether or not to seek the death penalty in capital murder trials.

This will be decided before jury selection begins as jurors must be “death qualified” during voir dire in order to serve on the jury.

I may be wrong but still don’t believe the DA will seek the death penalty. moo

Sorry for the confusion.

Right, but 50K? That is a big ask.

He could have asked for 10k and that would give him a few months to figure something out, and then he could go to the well again. Like if you ask your parents for a car when you turn 16, do you need to ask for a new BMW or should you maybe ask for a nice safe used car to start with?
I'm thinking he may have been advised (by whomever), and agreed with them, that since people at that time seemed to be actively seeking ways in which to best help both him and the children, why not ask for say, enough for a year, all at once, which would prevent the potential necessity of him having to ask for handouts again in the future, which can also potentially seem unsavory if someone keeps coming back to the trough?

ETA: If he had to go back later to ask for more, people may not be so willing and caught up in the emotions of this horror, once a few months passed and it wasn't a priority in MSM any more. ie it's definitely capitalizing on the moment and emotions, but can we fault him for that if it was potentially available to him out of the goodness of others? Any way you look at it, it's gotta be tough for him with a newborn without her mom, another school-aged child, a parent of yet another child, and the sole breadwinner.. if he knew he could spend the first year of M's life doting on her, and had a year before things might get financially tough again, that might bring him and the family unit a big relief and make things a lot less stressful in an already stressful situation. (imo)

Last edited:
It could also be both kidnapping and terrorization if MF terrorized HB. It doesn't mean domestic terrorism necessarily.
I would expect to see mention of the terror threat in the actions attributed to MF in the Grand Jury's indictment. I think the heading is just legal wording to encompass that penal code descriptor. I could be wrong.

In the same way, I don't presume that MF strangled HB with a leash and hands and some other manner. I think those are all listed as legal fail safes, even though the word and is used. Imo it's to include multiple methods of asphyxiation in case they don't prove BRD exactly what took place. My guess is it was with a leash, that being the most precise descriptor and hard to guess at. I imagine they have recovered the/a leash, or they have matched up the markings on HB's neck to one, or one was put on after partial manual strangulation, but there might be other interpretations by a defense expert, as there usually are.

"by asphyxiating HEIDI BROUSSARD by ligature strangulation, and by asphyxiating HEIDI BROUSSARD with a leash, and by asphyxiating HEIDI BROUSSARD with her hands, and by asphyxiating HEIDI BROUSSARD in a manner unknown to the Grand Jury"

MOO

Any way you look at it, it's gotta be tough for him with a newborn without her mom, another school-aged child, a parent of yet another child, and the sole breadwinner..

I viewed his Amazon wish list & wondered how the heck they were going to make it had none of this happened. moo

Tammy Broussard, 33-year-old Heidi Broussard's mother, did not hold back any of her emotions on Tuesday after learning Heidi's longtime friend has now been charged in her murder.

"I'm mad, I mean I'm so mad I could take her down right now," said Tammy. "But I'm also sad."
"We miss Heidi so much." Tammy Broussard speaks after woman charged in daughter's murder
Also: (bbm)
Tammy says she never trusted Fireamusca around her daughter and says she envied Heidi's life.

"I did not have peace about her at all, and I told Heidi," said Tammy. "'Oh mama,' that's what she said to me. "I said, 'Heidi I don't have peace about this girl, something's not right with her'."

Tammy Broussard, 33-year-old Heidi Broussard's mother, did not hold back any of her emotions on Tuesday after learning Heidi's longtime friend has now been charged in her murder.

"I'm mad, I mean I'm so mad I could take her down right now," said Tammy. "But I'm also sad."
"We miss Heidi so much." Tammy Broussard speaks after woman charged in daughter's murder
Tammy says she never trusted Fireamusca around her daughter and says she envied Heidi's life.

"I did not have peace about her at all, and I told Heidi," said Tammy. "'Oh mama,' that's what she said to me. "I said, 'Heidi I don't have peace about this girl, something's not right with her'."

And this: "Tammy says she never trusted Fireamusca [sic] around her daughter and says she envied Heidi's life." :(

What an awful feeling to have known all along there was something off - as @missy1974 said - momma's instincts - and then to be so terribly right about it all.

I viewed his Amazon wish list & wondered how the heck they were going to make it had none of this happened. moo
One of the problems is that certain youtubers are vying for popularity by (IMO) using him and one of Heidi's bizarro "friends". Still going on as of a few days ago. One of them started a "college fund" for Margo, with a goal of 100k. Anyone with half a brain knows that type of funding has to go through the hoops with legal fund administrators, etc. Last time I looked, a few weeks ago, there were only hundreds in donations. At Christmas I sent a modest, anonymous, gift card from the Amazon list. I saw the lists of diapers, toys, etc, I thought better to send cash so that they would not be inundated by USPS bringing loads of diapers. That was the first case I have ever donated to, and I would probably do it again. I felt bad that he had been publicly raked over the coals by (ironically) the same youtubers who later claimed to champion him, starting funds, etc. One of them posted his Amazon wish list, I thought that was an honest way to do it, leaving the youtuber out as a middle man.

I don't see anything odd about him starting a donation site, etc, we saw a youtuber start a fund me ostensibly for "Shanann, Bella, Cece and Nico", with the donations going to the very same person, you just have to read between the lines who is getting the donation. IMO

Last edited:
One of the problems is that certain youtubers are vying for popularity by (IMO) using him and one of Heidi's bizarro "friends". Still going on as of a few days ago. One of them started a "college fund" for Margo, with a goal of 100k. Anyone with half a brain knows that type of funding has to go through the hoops with legal fund administrators, etc. Last time I looked, a few weeks ago, there were only hundreds in donations. At Christmas I sent a modest, anonymous, gift card from the Amazon list. I saw the lists of diapers, toys, etc, I thought better to send cash so that they would not be inundated by USPS bringing loads of diapers. That was the first case I have ever donated to, and I would probably do it again. I felt bad that he had been publicly raked over the coals by (ironically) the same youtubers who later claimed to champion him, starting funds, etc. One of them posted his Amazon wish list, I thought that was an honest way to do it, leaving the youtuber out as a middle man.

I don't see anything odd about him starting a donation site, etc, we saw a youtuber start a fund me ostensibly for the "Watts case", with the donations going to the same person, you just have to read between the lines who is getting the donation. IMO

I hear ya. How kind of you, as well. Also, my intention is not to be critical, I know nothing about how any Wish List gets started. I think at the time of such a heinous crime people want to help & eventually a new case takes priority.
Hopefully Ty & Heidi’s family can help SC, should he need it, but I believe he’ll be okay financially. Best wishes to him.

*Can’t wait to get additional details from Tammy regarding what she saw in MF.
All moo

I hear ya. How kind of you, as well. Also, my intention is not to be critical, I know nothing about how any Wish List gets started. I think at the time of such a heinous crime people want to help & eventually a new case takes priority.
Hopefully Ty & Heidi’s family can help SC, should he need it, but I believe he’ll be okay financially. Best wishes to him.

*Can’t wait to get additional details from Tammy regarding what she saw in MF.
All moo
I wasn't being critical of you, I was just pointing out that it may seem that a survivor/spouse/co-habitant/pareja/father, is sure setting up a lot of ways to donate to him, but some of these funds may have nothing to do with him after a middle man takes the money and his reputation. So it looks gimme gimme gimme, but it could be that instead he is being used for the benefit of someone else.

I remember TY did start a Fund Me at the very beginning almost as soon as HB disappeared. Am I wrong ?
I don't know. I saw the Amazon wish list, the "college fund", and much earlier on I saw the one where the youtuber started a fund while using the names of Shanann and her kids....but the donations went to the youtuber. After the initial pitch on the donation pages, there are paragraphs below explaining who is starting the fund, why, etc. I'm sure there are well-intentioned relatives starting funds, but IMO, too many competing funds started well before the actual victim/survivor/father/hubby starts one....it all gets diluted and may look gimmee/grabee.

I don't know. I saw the Amazon wish list, the "college fund", and much earlier on I saw the one where the youtuber started a fund basically for herself, but using the names of Shanann and her kids. After the initial pitch on the donation pages, there are paragraphs below explaining who is starting the fund, why, etc. I'm sure there are well-intentioned relatives starting funds, but IMO, too many competing funds started well before the actual victim/survivor/father/hubby starts one....it all gets diluted and may look suspicious.

I read it on this thread. Someone said HB's family must have feared a ransom to be paid.

Could the Fund Me appeared on Facebook ?

Maybe someone comes here to confirm or not my memories.

I was wondering why MF would have taken her phone with her to Austin. I suspect it is proof she needed to phone Heidi when she got there, from the same number Heidi would recognise, which seems to me to be evidence which backs up that she and Heidi did speak on the phone that morning, as she told Tim Miller.

"Something's not right with her." Hearing Tammy say this gave me chills!

Mom's sometimes have these instincts!

I wonder how long Tammy felt that way about MF? Recently? Or for the entire duration of MF's and Heidi's 'friendship'?

This statement by the legal team is like a bad joke.

"As stated before, we are anxious to review evidence collected thus far and have many of the same questions you do. Unfortunately, despite our continued and persistent requests, the government has yet to disclose any evidence against our Client. Sadly, we learned of the capital murder indictment from the media today."

Above bbm....and I am talking out of my butt here without a lick of legal expertise and my emotions doing the speaking....but boy oh boy that statement got me fired up! :mad:

Isn't lying about giving birth to a baby she was never pregnant with and Heidi's dead body being found in the trunk of her car and MF being in possession of Heidi's newborn baby that she tried to pass off as her own evidence in itself?

That statement just really got to me. MF is not the victim here. Heidi and Margo were the victims. The government didn't just pull this Capital Murder indictment out of their a$$es!

JMO

I was wondering why MF would have taken her phone with her to Austin. I suspect it is proof she needed to phone Heidi when she got there, from the same number Heidi would recognise, which seems to me to be evidence which backs up that she and Heidi did speak on the phone that morning, as she told Tim Miller.
I've always had doubts that she told Tim Miller the truth about that. I think it's rumor category.
At the time she was busy trying to place the focus on SC. I simply disbelieve her and it's unlikely he had received access to her phone records.
He found her to be credible.
Most people did which suggests she was quite an accomplished liar, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x