Found Deceased TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, murdered, baby stolen, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 *friend charged* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although it doesn't seem to have been explicitly stated anywhere, I got the impression that there are only the two charges now against MF - capital murder and kidnapping of Margo. No mention (that i have seen) of having been indicted by the/a grand jury for kidnapping Heidi nor of tampering with a body/hiding evidence (body). I know that here (in Canada) those things would become included in with the murder charge once the murder charge was laid (something about can't have two charges for same thing, since the acts of kidnapping and covering up were a part of the 'whole' act of 'murder' in a given case). It seems that it might be the same there, as they have brought the 'capital' murder charge against her, which would presumably encompass the pieces of kidnapping and hiding body. Please correct me if I've got it all wrong, I don't mean to imply that I know or understand your legal system there in Texas. Just thinking that if those 2 other charges still stood against MF, she would also have been indicted for those at same time by gj?

There are 4 total criminal charges against MF.

After baby MC and HB were recovered in Houston, two affidavit arrest warrants (posted in the media thread) were issued including 2 kidnapping charges (MC and KB each), and a second or separate warrant was written for tampering with a corpse.

The most recent or 4th charge was Capital Murder. The booking info for all four charges is outlined below.

Inmate Search
Fieramusca, Magen Rose - Age 34
Booking Information
Booking Number
Booked
12/20/2019 at 10:07 PM
Arresting Agency
Austin Police Dept
Offense Number
A193461485
Facility
Travis County Correctional Complex

Charges (4)

KIDNAPPING
Felony, 3rd Degree
Cause Number
D1DC19302438
Charge Authority
New Warrant - Class B or Above
Bond
$100,000 Any Type of Bond
Sentence
None
Disposition
None

KIDNAPPING
Felony, 3rd Degree
Cause Number
D1DC19302437
Charge Authority
Bond
$100,000 Any Type of Bond
Sentence
None
Disposition
1/30/2020 - Judge's Order

TAMPER/FABRICATE PHYSICAL EVIDENCE WITH INTENT IMPAIR HUMAN CORPSE
Felony, 2nd Degree
Cause Number
D1DC19302439
Charge Authority
New Arrest
Bond
$400,000 Any Type of Bond
Sentence
None
Disposition
1/30/2020 - Judge's Order

CAPITAL MURDER BY TERROR THREAT/OTH FEL
Capital Murder
Cause Number
D1DC20900007
Charge Authority
Bond
$1,000,000 Any Type of Bond
Sentence
None
Disposition
None

I watched Dateline and my heart broke repeatedly for little Silas the most. It's sweet that all of Heidi's friends are rallying around him and Margo.

I was surprised that one of her friends publicly said she does not think MF acted alone. I wonder if she has a theory on who might have helped.

There are 4 total criminal charges against MF.

After baby MC and HB were recovered in Houston, two affidavit arrest warrants (posted in the media thread) were issued including 2 kidnapping charges (MC and KB each), and a second or separate warrant was written for tampering with a corpse.

The most recent or 4th charge was Capital Murder. The booking info for all four charges is outlined below.
If all four charges still stand, then why was she indicted for only one of the two kidnapping charges, and for the murder charge, but not for the other kidnapping charge or the tampering charge?

The Dateline episode is on youtube for those who missed it or couldn't watch:

Thanks for the video: Last night I was so excited to watch Dateline but here in Fort Myers on NBC (channel 2) the weather lady kept interrupting the show to talk about THUNDERSTORMS: not tornadoes- THUNDERSTORMS; she interrupted no less than 4 times- I was so mad-- so i will watch the video you posted: thank
you!!!

The Dateline episode is on youtube for those who missed it or couldn't watch:

Thanks for the link,
I HATE this type of 'journalism'.
It actually hurts me physically...
But, thanks for sharing the link, I was elsewhere last night and wary of watching it.

I watched Dateline and my heart broke repeatedly for little Silas the most. It's sweet that all of Heidi's friends are rallying around him and Margo.

I was surprised that one of her friends publicly said she does not think MF acted alone. I wonder if she has a theory on who might have helped.
Well, if she has, I, for one, will most definitely not be entertaining it in any shape size or fashion. I can't.

If all four charges still stand, then why was she indicted for only one of the two kidnapping charges, and for the murder charge, but not for the other kidnapping charge or the tampering charge?

This and a few other things make me think that it's related to HB seemingly "willingly" getting into the car of a person she trusted completely - and a lack of knowledge (yet) of what happened between that and her death maybe made it a less certain indictment? Just a theory. The baby didn't have that agency on her own.

A murder charge is typically partnered with kidnapping as it's an aggravator to murder and affects the sentence. Actually, I can't think of a case when it was not.

(If there was never a murder charge, I'm sure the kidnapping would have stood alone.)

Best guess on the charges is that MF will be tried for capital murder with extenuating enhancement (kidnapping). The additional kidnapping charge for MC could still stand. Another best guess is that MF's attornies will be trying to save her life by plea. Based on the obvious premeditation, it would be difficult to claim a mental defect.

Thanks, that was my next question - was/is it open to the public, and is the media not allowed.
The Grand Jury is a closed process including meeting dates and times. Members can ask any question (the question(s) cannot jeopardize the investigations) usually of the lead investigator/officer. The public and media are not allowed. This is meant to be a true process of justice.

Thanks, that was my next question - was/is it open to the public, and is the media not allowed.
The Grand Jury is a closed process including meeting dates and times. Members can ask any question (the question(s) cannot jeopardize the investigations) usually of the lead investigator/officer. The public and media are not allowed. This is meant to be a true process of justice.

A murder charge is typically partnered with kidnapping as it's an aggravator to murder and affects the sentence. Actually, I can't think of a case when it was not.

(If there was never a murder charge, I'm sure the kidnapping would have stood alone.)
Yes exactly. But now that there *is* a murder charge, I believe HB's kidnapping charge is no longer in effect since it is encompassed as part of the event of the murder... as well as the tampering/hiding of the body. imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member