TX TX - Houston, HispMale 20-30, UP4509, Belt w/ Cirilo embossed, Dec'84

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Moonwalker9

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Warning PM

NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case NumberML84-7538
Demographics
SexMale
Race / EthnicityHispanic / Latino
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 40
Estimated Age Range (Years)20-30
Estimated Year of Death1984
Estimated PMI--
Height5' 4"(64 inches) , Estimated
Weight127 lbs, Estimated
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date FoundDecember 23, 1984
NamUs Case CreatedOctober 15, 2008
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found Map
Street Address1200 Block of BrooksHouston, Texas
CountyHarris County
GPS Coordinates29.775013N , -95.355672W
Circumstances of RecoveryFound outside a bar.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsAll parts recovered
Condition of RemainsRecognizable face
Physical Description
Hair ColorBlack
Head Hair DescriptionBlack
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorBrown
Right Eye ColorBrown
Eye DescriptionBrown
Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Scar/mark
Scar on left knee

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Clothing
WEARING THUMBS UP BRAND JEANS, LEATHER BELT W/W0RD CIRIL0 EMB0SSED 0N IT, BUCKLE W/PICTURE 0F SADDLE, BLU SHIRT W/PICTURES 0F ICE CREAM C0NES 0N IT, SZ 7 BLK LEATHER L0AFERS
On the Body
STREET VIEW, NO BAR TODAY

Google Maps

Found a person searching for a long lost brother she had not met named "Cirilo" which is what is embossed on the belt this UID was wearing.

She post in 2010 of her search and stated that she was talking to her grandmother about him a bit longer than 10 years before (1990ish) and that her grandmother had stated he had been missing for about a dozen years (1978ish).

It's the correct ethnicity and age range along with the "Cirilo" on the belt as a possible link. he would have been 21years old at the time.

Message Boards

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP4509
Male, Hispanic / Latino

*GRAPHIC POSTMORTEM PHOTO ATTACHED*
876D2F2C-1435-4BB9-9DDC-742787A56D38.jpeg ADC33265-11A7-4ABB-B70F-B66874E321E9.jpeg
Date Body Found: December 23, 1984
Location Found: Houston, Texas
Estimated Age: Adult - Pre 40; 20-30
Estimated Height: 5' 4"
Estimated Weight: 127 lbs
Hair Color: Black

Eye Color: Brown
Scar/mark: Scar on left knee
Clothing: Thumbs Up” brand jeans, leather belt with the name “CIRILO” embossed on it and a buckle with a saddle design on it, a blue shirt with pictures of ice cream cones on it, and size 7 black leather loafers

Circumstances of Recovery: Found outside of a bar.

Attachments

• A4E815FC-BF15-47A1-A152-E0BB1BD147D2.jpeg
    A4E815FC-BF15-47A1-A152-E0BB1BD147D2.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 14
Found a person searching for a long lost brother she had not met named "Cirilo" which is what is embossed on the belt this UID was wearing.

She post in 2010 of her search and stated that she was talking to her grandmother about him a bit longer than 10 years before (1990ish) and that her grandmother had stated he had been missing for about a dozen years (1978ish).

It's the correct ethnicity and age range along with the "Cirilo" on the belt as a possible link. he would have been 21years old at the time.

Message Boards
Great catch, @Vern! Are there any Spanish speaking Ancestry sleuthers here who wouldn't mind checking into this? The linked thread is 10 years old but I noticed the OP and one reply were edited in Nov 2020. This lady is still looking for her brother, Joe Cirilo. It seems to me she might need to get in touch with the Harris County ME's office.

Last edited:
Great catch, @Vern! Are there any Spanish speaking Ancestry sleuthers here who wouldn't mind checking into this? The linked thread is 10 years old but I noticed the OP and one reply were edited in Nov 2020. This lady is still looking for her brother, Joe Cirilo. It seems to me she might need to get in touch with the Harris County ME's office.
I cannot believe that I'm watching a documentary on Netflix and the woman searching for daughter mentions this site. As I'm watching I log on and type my brother's name out of curiosity and see postings. I am completely shocked and grateful that my story was posted! There's a photo of him deceased. He has my mother's nose. Or is it wishful thinking? How can I verify?

I cannot believe that I'm watching a documentary on Netflix and the woman searching for daughter mentions this site. As I'm watching I log on and type my brother's name out of curiosity and see postings. I am completely shocked and grateful that my story was posted! There's a photo of him deceased. He has my mother's nose. Or is it wishful thinking? How can I verify?
Welcome to websleuths. Im very sorry you are here under these circumstances.

This is the contact agency for this case
Was your brother short in height? This john doe is only 5 feet four inches tall.
1000024517.jpg

If you are the relative whose post I found back in 2019, I pray that this is the answer you need. If this is your brother, I am so happy for all of you and for him to get his name back.

Was your brother short in height? This john doe is only 5 feet four inches tall.
View attachment 531246
I just called Harris County and they will contact me to obtain my DNA. Unfortunately, my brother and I weren't raised together. He was raised by his paternal grandmother in the Bronx, NY..She was the one that told me he had disappeared 10 years prior. He was named Jose Luis Ocasio, Jr. when born and she said he changed his name to Joe Cirilo (maternal last name). She said she hired a detective to look for him but never found him. When I asked if I could please have his SSN# because a relative was a police officer and could probably find him, she said she didn't have it because he took all his paperwork with him. His SSN# would have definitely been on school records, but I didn't insist. He passed on 12/23/84 and our Mom passed on 12/23/19!

Indeed. You'll see the messages from me to this account in 2021 at the bottom of the messages list attempting to make contact (using my mothers account as I do not have one - lol). I did sign with my actual name though. Unfortunately the OP of the message has last edited before I messaged so we missed each other by a few months sadly.

I really hope this is a fruitful connection and that a family has their loved one back and that a UID regains their name!

Indeed. You'll see the messages from me to this account in 2021 at the bottom of the messages list attempting to make contact (using my mothers account as I do not have one - lol). I did sign with my actual name though. Unfortunately the OP of the message has last edited before I messaged so we missed each other by a few months sadly.

I really hope this is a fruitful connection and that a family has their loved one back and that a UID regains their name!

1000024517.jpg

I just called Harris County and they will contact me to obtain my DNA. Unfortunately, my brother and I weren't raised together. He was raised by his paternal grandmother in the Bronx, NY..She was the one that told me he had disappeared 10 years prior. He was named Jose Luis Ocasio, Jr. when born and she said he changed his name to Joe Cirilo (maternal last name). She said she hired a detective to look for him but never found him. When I asked if I could please have his SSN# because a relative was a police officer and could probably find him, she said she didn't have it because he took all his paperwork with him. His SSN# would have definitely been on school records, but I didn't insist. He passed on 12/23/84 and our Mom passed on 12/23/19!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck
Back