TX TX - Houston, MixedRaceFem 15-17, UP10722, 'He Smurfs Me' TShirt, Oct'12 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that makes sense Houston Mom, did we determine if that hair was hers or a weave of human hair? Most of these girls pictured have obvious weaves if the hair is natural i would lean more toward hispanic or a true B/W mix

sidenote again: in Namus, the search criteria only lets you pick one race, they need to fix that as people are mixing races alot more than in the past alot of the missing fall into that catagory!

We have not been told by the ME that it is or is not extensions. Nor have we been told if it looks like it has some treatment such as straightening. Lyssav, would you ask next time you submit names, please.

Attachments

• Hair.jpg
    Hair.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 68
We have not been told by the ME that it is or is not extensions. Nor have we been told if it looks like it has some treatment such as straightening. Lyssav, would you ask next time you submit names, please.

Yes , Thank you!!!!!

This is wayyyyyy out there; Tammy Ellis has been mentioned, she was apparently killed by a Arian Brotherhood guy, the profile says 5"2 140 which is not small , but she did have a size 5 pants what if he found out she had some black ancestory?

Im reaching, I know.

Tammy Ellis has been ruled out.

Just asked dr. Derrick she said they appear to be natural.

Looks like an overbite to me.

Dr derricks response:

Well, she doesn't look much like her, even though she does have an overbite. Unfortunately, she has absolutely nothing on file to compare

Amanda Chavez missing from Washington since July 2012. Height is good. She looks to have an overbite, her top teeth tend to rest on her bottom lip, and i like the way her hair looks. The hues are amazing. Dr. Derrick described smurfettes hair as looking dark brown and sort of reddish-purple.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/18691/3/

Just asked dr. Derrick she said they appear to be natural.

it just occured to me , my daughter gets her hair weaved with all the red and so on, but they use human hair, if she had human hair extensions would they be able to tell? I have seen the way it looks when remains are very old it completly seperates and the scalp just pretty much disappears, do they check the DNA in the hair , the bones or both or either if there is no soft tissue???

Is there a facial reconstruction on her yet? I found 3 that may or may not be close.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6456/4 Tawny Norris. Many have osteopenia and malnutrition due to running away and being on the streets awhile.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/18732/10 Joana Hernandaz. She has a huge scar on her left hand. I guess, considering a hand and foot was missing...it may be deliberate.

AND

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/12939/61 Cindy Valle. She was pregnant at her disappearance which cold lead to serious malnutrition/dental decay and other issues if she was on the street for awhile.

Anyway, if they have been posted...I apologize.

Lyssav, could you turn in these three. I think Valle is a very good possibility.

Lyssav, could you turn in these three. I think Valle is a very good possibility.

Valle was pregnant when she went missing. I know we have discussed low bone density being caused by pregnancy amongst other numerous things, But can't the ME tell by looking at smurfettes pelvic bone whether or not she has birthed a child??

it just occured to me , my daughter gets her hair weaved with all the red and so on, but they use human hair, if she had human hair extensions would they be able to tell? I have seen the way it looks when remains are very old it completly seperates and the scalp just pretty much disappears, do they check the DNA in the hair , the bones or both or either if there is no soft tissue???

I was wondering this also. Real hair extensions skillfully done can be extremely difficult to detect.

I was wondering this also. Real hair extensions skillfully done can be extremely difficult to detect.

But, quality high-end hair extension are also very, very, very expensive. IMOO the severe decay of teeth and malnutrition make no sense in someone who has thousands to invest in hair treatments. In the USA a smile (dental work) is very important for people who are into their appearances. I can't imagine such costly hair care on someone in this situation when a box of Remrandt tooth whiting solution is only $40. :twocents:

That is a great question! Especially if the isotopes come from the hair! If it is extensions, we could totally be looking at at a hair donor from a certain part of the country, not the victim. I still think expensive extensions coupled with really bad teeth don't make sense, but, who knows. I am really curious about the testing! Is it teeth/bones/etc as well? Anyone?

Valle was pregnant when she went missing. I know we have discussed low bone density being caused by pregnancy amongst other numerous things, But can't the ME tell by looking at smurfettes pelvic bone whether or not she has birthed a child??

Is there a chance she ran away and sought a late term abortion? As she was so young and the father/perp was over a certain age?

So we are really looking for a caucasion/african american mix according to Harris Co. I think they could tell if she was Hispanic, so maybe we are off track a bit?

Until we have more information it is hard to tell. African/Caucasian mix is very vague. Many of the Island nations is the world, South America, Australia. etc have similar genetic make up, yet would not look "African/White American" in the sense we think. Many people from Asia also have certain features due to the close proximity to African nations. I don't know, even Hispanics and those from Cuba, Haiti, etc have some African ancestry due to the slave trades years ago.

Anyway...an example is Hanan Al-Nahardy.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/15239 She is of Indian (India) ethnicity, yet to many people in the USA we would stereotype her phenotypically as Mixed African American/ Caucasian looking. :twocents:

Complex ethnicity is also one of those things that isn't necessarily listed in a missing person's description.

But, quality high-end hair extension are also very, very, very expensive. IMOO the severe decay of teeth and malnutrition make no sense in someone who has thousands to invest in hair treatments. In the USA a smile (dental work) is very important for people who are into their appearances. I can't imagine such costly hair care on someone in this situation when a box of Remrandt tooth whiting solution is only $40. :twocents:

You would think so, but I know quite a number of girls who spend beaucoup bucks on their hair and nails and haven't been to the dentist in their lives.

just came to check,,,,so sad she still has not been identified :( and no one seems to be missing her.Someone close to her would have recognized that shirt :(

That is a great question! Especially if the isotopes come from the hair! If it is extensions, we could totally be looking at at a hair donor from a certain part of the country, not the victim. I still think expensive extensions coupled with really bad teeth don't make sense, but, who knows. I am really curious about the testing! Is it teeth/bones/etc as well? Anyone?

Me too Lucy, ive read where they were hoping to get DNA olny to discover under the scope its synthetic, if it were human hair it would be someone else's DNA with all the fake hair being so popular nowdays that could cause some confusion!:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachstatesleuth