TX TX - Houston, 'Swimsuit Boy' WhtMale 15-19, UP4547, Dean Corll victim, Aug'73

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This may be a dumb question, but what exactly does ‘awaiting extraction’ mean? I assumed it had something to do with acquiring a DNA sample, but they already have his DNA available.

This may be a dumb question, but what exactly does ‘awaiting extraction’ mean? I assumed it had something to do with acquiring a DNA sample, but they already have his DNA available.

I’m not well-versed in the specifics of DNA science, so I’ll explain to the best of my understanding. Not a dumb question at all! While Swimsuit Boy does have a DNA sample available, the samples extracted for use in a LE database like CODIS are different than the samples used in genealogy databases. Basically, forensic samples are formatted to identify how an individual is different from other people, while the samples generated for genealogy purposes are formatted to identify how an individual is like other people. Once the sample is formatted for one of those uses, it is not able to be converted to the other format. Therefore, for DDP or another similar group to identify a victim through genealogical analysis, a new sample must be extracted, pass quality control, and be resequenced for their needs. If LE has additional DNA samples available that isn’t too badly degraded - great! If not, the victim may need to be exhumed to obtain a new sample.

Last edited:
I’m not well-versed in the specifics of DNA science, so I’ll explain to the best of my understanding. Not a dumb question at all! While Swimsuit Boy does have a DNA sample available, the samples extracted for use in a LE database like CODIS are different than the samples used in genealogy databases. Basically, forensic samples are formatted to identify how an individual is different from other people, while the samples generated for genealogy purposes are formatted to identify how an individual is like other people. Once the sample is formatted for one of those uses, it is not able to be converted to the other format. Therefore, for DDP or another similar group to identify a victim through genealogical analysis, a new sample must be extracted, pass quality control, and be resequenced for their needs. If LE has additional DNA samples available that isn’t too badly degraded - great! If not, the victim may need to be exhumed to obtain a new sample.
Ah, that makes sense! Thank you so much for the explanation.

Photo 28: Maleah Davis joins list of Houston's 56 missing children: See their faces, bring them home

• NCMEC: 1109009 - NCIC: U030020650 - NamUS: 4547
posterTitleUnidentified.png

John Doe 1973
NCMU1109009c1.jpg

• Date Found
    • Aug 9, 1973
    • Location Found
    • Houston, TX
    • Estimated Age
    • 15-18
    • Sex
    • Male
    • Race
    • White
    • Hair Color
    • Brown
    • Eye Color
    • Unknown
    • Estimated Height
    • 5'2" to 5'7"
Extra Photo

NCMU1109009x2.jpg

NCMU1109009x1.jpg

On August 9, 1973, the skeletal remains of an unidentified male were recovered in Houston, Texas. Based on the condition of the remains, the decedent was likely deceased for 12 months or more prior to recovery. The decedent was white, possibly with Hispanic admixture. He had brown hair approximately 7 inches in length (from the crown). He was found with belted “Catalina” swim trunks with vertical red, turquoise, gold, and dark blue stripes, with the letter “C” on the silver buckle (shown above) and a khaki-colored long sleeved t-shirt that tied in the front. The shirt had a large blue and white peace symbol and the letters “USMC”, and “L84MF” written underneath the peace symbol. He was also found with dark blue corduroys with a 32 inch waist and a 30 inch inseam, a knotted leather ankle bracelet, and brown leather cowboy boots that were 12 inches in length and had the word “NEOLITE” on the heel. Examination revealed that the boy had a mild form of spina bifida which may have caused him lower back pain or possibly affected his stride; however, it may not have produced any noticeable symptoms. John Houston Doe is the last known unidentified victim of Dean Arnold Corll, aka “The Candy Man”, who abducted and murdered at least 29 young males in the Houston area between 1970 and 1973. The reconstruction featured above is an artist’s rendering of what he may have looked like. Anyone with information should contact the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences, reference case number ML73-3356.

Have you seen this child? JOHN DOE 1973

OH gosh! I have seen this case so many times but have never brought myself to thoroughly research the details. I will not soon forget that face though...and those striped shorts :(. I'm so glad to see he's in the hands of DDP! I'll be glad when we can refer to you as anything other than "Swimsuit Boy".

Current list of missing person exclusion for UP4547 per NamUs:
MP43261 Earl Joggerst 08/04/1972 Jefferson MO
MP20957 Joseph Spears 07/31/1973 Harrison MS
MP20045 Richard Lamson 02/22/1970 San Mateo CA
MP19678 Peter Bonick 02/22/1970 San Mateo CA
MP4 MitchelWeiser 07/27/1973 Sullivan NY
MP6257 Dermot Kelly 01/30/1972 LaSalle IL
MP4614 Derran Rogers 02/27/1973 Stanislaus CA
-- David Hesterlee -- -- TX (no NumUs profiles???)
-- Mark Bachelder -- -- TX (?)
-- David Waggoner -- -- TX (?)
MP10300 James Egan 08/06/1972 Ozaukee WI
MP6257 Dermot Kelly 01/30/1972 LaSalle IL
MP6542 Norman Prater 01/14/1973 Dallas TX

I heartily recommend this long form article from Texas Monthly by Skip Hollandsworth.
The Lost Boys
It is a deeply poignant story about Dean Corll's victims.
This was a serial killer with numerous similarities to John Wayne Gacy but he had his own flair of depravity that sets them apart as well.
He isn't as well known though because one of his accomplices killed him and thus the beast never saw a day of trial. There is also a lot of sleaze regarding the police, their attitude to missing boys and investigation of these murders.
I hope they identify Swimsuit Boy with ease. He died a terrible death and a name is such a sad thing to lose too.

I heartily recommend this long form article from Texas Monthly by Skip Hollandsworth.
The Lost Boys

@JovanSrna thank you for posting. I nearly cried reading about the elderly parents that still send handwritten letters to the police to find out if their sons were amongst those killed.

I have a difficult time reading about what Dean Corll did, because of the stories from the parents of some of the victims who were dismissed by the police. Some were just little boys, and it breaks my heart. I taught my son that stranger danger included women & teen boys, not just men, because of cases like these.

I was looking through Ancestry message boards and came across a post on 'Lost Family & Friends' and thought of this UID. I can’t find anything on Ancestry outside of what the poster found (marriage/divorce and possible death record?). I searched through yearbooks for the man referenced and if it’s the correct “Dudley Anderson”, then I think there’s a possibility he could be this UID. I don’t want to post photos as I can’t verify that he is in fact missing. Someone with a knack for it could easily find the photos and see what I’m talking about...Maybe try the Spring Branch High School in Houston, Texas for starters, late 60s to early 70s. If allowed, I’m happy to share what I found!

Message Boards
Dudley Sinclair Anderson of Texas

Replies: 1
Dudley Sinclair Anderson of Texas
frankd10 (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 2019 06:36PM
Classification: Query
Surnames: Anderson

Hello all!
I'm doing research on my mom's side of the family. Distantly related to us were:

Edwin Adolph Fritz Anderson (1922-1993) and his one time wife:
LaVerne Myrtle Lamberth Anderson (1919-1975)

They lived in Houston, TX.
Together they had 2 sons:
Edwin Alan Anderson (1948-1993) and

Dudley Sincialr Anderson (born 8 August, 1950 in Houston)
We're trying to determine what ever became of Dudley? I've spoken to his cousin, Carl Adams and he said the last time anyone saw Dudley was around 1970. After that he just disappeared.

Dudey married Connie Sewell in Harris County, TX in 1970 and there is a memory of Dudley and perhaps Connie visiting. After that, nothing. They either divorced or he died at some point. I've already checked the Vietnam Wall Memorial. He's not listed.

I've contacted several people on Ancestry connected to the family and so far, no one knows what became of him. There a bit of a mystery here. He doesn't appear to have left behind much of an electronic footprint in life either, as we have little data on him.

I've found a record of a Dudley Anderson passing in 1989 in Bosque County TX, but so far we're not sure that its the Dudley we're looking for. There were several people born around the same time with that name.

Any help is really appreciated!
-Frank

(1 reply)
Re: Dudley Sinclair Anderson of Texas

otter5 (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 2019 11:12PM
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 01 Jan 2020 10:33AM

The Daily Court Review, a Houston publication, reported that Connie filed for divorce in June, 1974.

The Lost Boys
This was a serial killer with numerous similarities to John Wayne Gacy but he had his own flair of depravity that sets them apart as well.
He isn't as well known though because one of his accomplices killed him and thus the beast never saw a day of trial. There is also a lot of sleaze regarding the police, their attitude to missing boys and investigation of these murders.
I hope they identify Swimsuit Boy with ease. He died a terrible death and a name is such a sad thing to lose too.
John Wayne Gacy’s idol was Dean Corll. Gacy said how much he studied his kills and admired him. Dean Corll and Co. are the least well known and most brutal serial killers to date, IMO. What Dean did to those boys is ghastly.

I agree about the name thing, I always cringe a little when referring to him as Swimsuit Boy.

Don’t get me started about how badly Houston PD has handled the cases of these missing boys. This is coming from a very pro police person.

How is it possible that numerous boys from the same neighborhood, middle school, and high school all decided to run away from home? Even two sets of brothers? Some wearing only swim trunks and a dime in their pocket.

There is without a doubt more bodies buried out there. Elmer told police they gave the wrong body to the Scott family, and years later it was proven he was correct. He has told LE where to dig to find the Scott boy, even the position he is in. Why won’t they look?

I was looking through Ancestry message boards and came across a post on 'Lost Family & Friends' and thought of this UID. I can’t find anything on Ancestry outside of what the poster found (marriage/divorce and possible death record?). I searched through yearbooks for the man referenced and if it’s the correct “Dudley Anderson”, then I think there’s a possibility he could be this UID. I don’t want to post photos as I can’t verify that he is in fact missing. Someone with a knack for it could easily find the photos and see what I’m talking about...Maybe try the Spring Branch High School in Houston, Texas for starters, late 60s to early 70s. If allowed, I’m happy to share what I found!

Message Boards

Blast from the past. My brother attended Spring Branch high school when it closed and ended up at Stratford high school.

I don’t believe we can post a picture of Dudley without him being listed as missing. Unfortunately these are the people who slip through the missing cracks, they are never reported as missing.

I feel that Swimsuit Boy was never reported as missing for some reason. He was wearing blue corduroy pants over his his swim trunks, a long sleeve khaki t-shirt with a peace sign, cowboy boots, and a leather knotted ankle bracelet.
59B92C44-8C77-4538-BF17-D2DDB9BA5403.jpeg

D0469610-AD3E-418F-8ED9-5D01168CEB98.jpeg
Teen Elmer Wayne Henley at High Island beach, pointing out bodies

6430B16D-DE84-4BB7-96F4-398EC3763B34.jpeg
Elmer Wayne Henley (left) and accomplice David Brooks at High Island.

080DA173-26B6-4C49-9ED5-DA7D6B21D480.jpeg
Elmer Wayne Henley (background) and Dean Corll

7FD64B85-01A9-414D-9382-D802A2EFDC10.jpeg
One of the torture boards and tools.

There is a more graphic photo of a young, still unidentified boy tied to the torture board that I won’t post, you can google it.

Blast from the past. My brother attended Spring Branch high school when it closed and ended up at Stratford high school.

I don’t believe we can post a picture of Dudley without him being listed as missing. Unfortunately these are the people who slip through the missing cracks, they are never reported as missing.

I feel that Swimsuit Boy was never reported as missing for some reason. He was wearing blue corduroy pants over his his swim trunks, a long sleeve khaki t-shirt with a peace sign, cowboy boots, and a leather knotted ankle bracelet.
View attachment 231570

View attachment 231569
Teen Elmer Wayne Henley at High Island beach, pointing out bodies

View attachment 231566
Elmer Wayne Henley (left) and accomplice David Brooks at High Island.

View attachment 231567
Elmer Wayne Henley (background) and Dean Corll

View attachment 231568
One of the torture boards and tools.

There is a more graphic photo of a young, still unidentified boy tied to the torture board that I won’t post, you can google it.
Small world we live in!

These are the first photos I’ve seen of these guys. I knew I’d see them eventually, but reading the things that were done to these boys was enough to make me not want to google more. They were all just kids! So sad.

John Wayne Gacy’s idol was Dean Corll. Gacy said how much he studied his kills and admired him. Dean Corll and Co. are the least well known and most brutal serial killers to date, IMO. What Dean did to those boys is ghastly.

I agree about the name thing, I always cringe a little when referring to him as Swimsuit Boy.

Don’t get me started about how badly Houston PD has handled the cases of these missing boys. This is coming from a very pro police person.

How is it possible that numerous boys from the same neighborhood, middle school, and high school all decided to run away from home? Even two sets of brothers? Some wearing only swim trunks and a dime in their pocket.

There is without a doubt more bodies buried out there. Elmer told police they gave the wrong body to the Scott family, and years later it was proven he was correct. He has told LE where to dig to find the Scott boy, even the position he is in. Why won’t they look?

If I remember correctly, Mark Scott's alleged burial place is now submerged due to 2008's Hurricane Ike.

I personally believe that most people are highly lacking in empathy which is why you don't see things getting done.
It takes someone making a lot of noise to get things noticed before even that is memory holed.

As for this boy and nicknames, I don't think Swimsuit Boy is a particularly bad choice but I think ''Sammy'' can serve as an affectionate boyish nickname for an American while retaining an order letters that can be found in the descriptive nickname.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back