TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #2 *NAME NOT RELEASED*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with Izzy77523. I don't believe she ever made it to the prison. I lived in Huntsville and I'm not far from the area now. Just going by the locations people claim they last saw her, I highly doubt she made it to the prison.

If she had made it to the prison there probably would have been several witnesses.
It's my guess between the time she was last seen and her body found that she was never far from the I45.

I think she got in a vehicle. No one says she was talking to truck drivers so I think it was a passenger vehicle. She was said to be carrying her shoes at one point. Her feet were likely sore. Us girls who grew up in the country were used to going barefoot a lot. She might have set her shoes down or taken them off in the vehicle. I think at that point she was taken to the place she was assaulted and killed. Her clothes were left there and her body was loaded back into the vehicle. When they dumped her they probably saw her shoes still in the car and tossed them too. Unless the killer had some reason for keeping her clothing it was likely left behind and disposed of later. The idea of college kids could fit in with that.

I think she got in a vehicle. No one says she was talking to truck drivers so I think it was a passenger vehicle. She was said to be carrying her shoes at one point. Her feet were likely sore. Us girls who grew up in the country were used to going barefoot a lot. She might have set her shoes down or taken them off in the vehicle. I think at that point she was taken to the place she was assaulted and killed. Her clothes were left there and her body was loaded back into the vehicle. When they dumped her they probably saw her shoes still in the car and tossed them too. Unless the killer had some reason for keeping her clothing it was likely left behind and disposed of later. The idea of college kids could fit in with that.

If standing inside a restaurant or next door at the gas station how could you decipher the difference between a everyday traveler and a truck driver? If she took off walking north on 45, she would've passed 50 truckers who would've been long gone by the time she was found and not able to be questioned by authorities. You can't rule them out. Half the witnesses were already hundreds of miles away by the time anyone knew she was dead. I'm not ruling out anything. This is obviously a hard case to crack because there were probably at least 300 people that were there that can never be talked too. Between travellers filling up cars, truckers, and hookers. How many hookers do you think would openly go talk to a cop about what they might've seen while they were working as lot lizards?

I mentioned college kids because they would be the least likely suspect but have all the reason in the world to be out and about on Halloween night drinking and partying. I wonder if anyone from there was ever accused of rape and found guilty in Huntsville during that time. I don't think she ever got far from the Hitching Post... Sure wouldn't have been disposed of where she was. Looks like a push out of a vehicle and keep going kinda thing. Sadly, most likely a trucker or someone with a van... Knowing that a van is a rocking or an 18 Wheeler in a truck stop was not cause for alarm. I'd see as many as 15 girls working that lot on a Saturday night.

If standing inside a restaurant or next door at the gas station how could you decipher the difference between a everyday traveler and a truck driver? If she took off walking north on 45, she would've passed 50 truckers who would've been long gone by the time she was found and not able to be questioned by authorities. You can't rule them out. Half the witnesses were already hundreds of miles away by the time anyone knew she was dead. I'm not ruling out anything. This is obviously a hard case to crack because there were probably at least 300 people that were there that can never be talked too. Between travellers filling up cars, truckers, and hookers. How many hookers do you think would openly go talk to a cop about what they might've seen while they were working as lot lizards?
I think it is more likely she didn’t get into an 18 wheeler. My first reason being she was only seen getting out of or talking to people in regular vehicles. The second reason is that the truckers at The Hitchin Post were probably stopped for the night. The last time someone reported seeing her was when she was in the parking lot talking to someone in a car (station wagon, I believe). Apparently, locals hung out there too. It would be much safer talking to people coming in and out of the restaurant than approaching dark trucks were the drivers might be sleeping. Of course, nothing can be ruled out. Maybe she ran into a nice seeming guy that offered her a place to sleep? I wonder if the truck driver who found her had spent the night in Huntsville? If she was being beaten and raped in a truck would people outside or in a truck nearby hear anything?

What about the Debra Jackson case? I'm not sure if it's related to this one or not but I have always thought there were some similarities, including Halloween and the fact that Debra was wearing nothing but socks and WCJD had only a pair of shoes thrown beside her. It's almost like someone was putting their signature on it, with the socks and the shoes.

What about the Debra Jackson case? I'm not sure if it's related to this one or not but I have always thought there were some similarities, including Halloween and the fact that Debra was wearing nothing but socks and WCJD had only a pair of shoes thrown beside her. It's almost like someone was putting their signature on it, with the socks and the shoes.

Henry Lee Lucus took credit for that one but I never believed it .I think you're dead on.

I think she may have been checked. It's always best to have another look at the ruled-out names, however. Colleen Osborn was originally ruled out as a Jane Doe in 1983, but checks done in 2011 were found to be incorrect and it actually was her, since the dentals used were from some years before she disappeared; therefore with some cases unless it's DNA, I am skeptical.

I think she may have been checked. It's always best to have another look at the ruled-out names, however. Colleen Osborn was originally ruled out as a Jane Doe in 1983, but checks done in 2011 were found to be incorrect and it actually was her, since the dentals used were from some years before she disappeared; therefore with some cases unless it's DNA, I am skeptical.

She has not been ruled out and currently it is in the process of being checked out now. According to the detective in Huntsville I spoke too I'm the 3rd person to call him on this connection in a month. They are awaiting DNA consent from "Kim Doss" family.

Good point. I’m expecting that sooner or later a DNA DOE-type project is going to reveal a rule-out as the Doe. :(

Kim does bare quite a resembelance to our girl - looking at her at her postmortems they definitely do share similar features. She looks quite a bit like the NCMEC recon. too.

Speaking of leads, did anything ever come of the Tammy Young lead?

There is a Kimberly Doss on the rule out list but which Kimberly if there are two missing girls with that name? The Kimberly in the article looks more like the older drawings of WCJD. Detective Bean was quoted as saying WCJD was 5'6" and 108 pounds while Kimberly Sue was reported to be 5'2" and 125 pounds. Maybe it was off because she hadn't been measured in a while and they relied on old records when they reported it? Is it possible she planned to visit someone in prison before going to her dad's in Iowa? Where did she live before Houston?

This is the other Kimberly Doss
Original

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members