Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #4 Sherry Ann Jarvis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
3:20 AM Nov 1, 1980..
Thinking of you!
Your family is in my thoughts and prayers too.
Holy smokes....I have missed the significance of this date up until this very moment with you pointing it out Sweetluv!

I truly hate Halloween; there have been too many horrific and demented murders tied to this "holiday". This slaughter could very well have been inspired by all the negative dark energy around Halloween.

Amateur opinion and speculation

It's a bit sad how judgmental some people can get, along with willingness to quickly assign blame (as if it were an obligation), without taking into consideration the full context of many of these UID cases. We have seen a continuing trend of missing persons reports falling through the cracks, or not being easily accessible, in addition to many challenging familial circumstances/dynamics in so many other cases (note-not stating that this is the case for WCJD) along with drastically different communication environment of the 1950s-1990s, all of which seem to have culminated in a Jane or John Doe going unidentified for so long.

Though some may be well-meaning, I can't help but cringe a little when the first comments in response to solved cases are "were they reported missing??". The focus should be on supporting the grieving families who just received the news (and I'm sure who are also questioning things themselves), and not on what they think they could have done in the past, or what they would have done. Not singling out anybody here in particular, just some general observations from reading comments on news stories, social media, etc, granted, which can be pretty vicious.

Even growing up without the technology we have now, I still forget occasionally what it was like. So people born after smart phones and with an internet connection that never made a dial up sound, it must be harder to imagine how unconnected things were. Missing person cases, especially teens, were written off as runaways or filed in one state or county and never looked into past that. Identifying a person who has been a Jane or John Doe shouldn’t lead to judgement of their lives or the lives of their family members. Jane/John Does become real with a name and real people have problems or make bad decisions, people are messy. They deserve justice.

Holy smokes....I have missed the significance of this date up until this very moment with you pointing it out Sweetluv!

I truly hate Halloween; there have been too many horrific and demented murders tied to this "holiday". This slaughter could very well have been inspired by all the negative dark energy around Halloween.

This is why there is a Christmas tree in my apartment by November 1 every year.

This is her family's first anniversary of her death. Thinking of WCJD and her family.

candle-light.gif

I think I have said everything I can say about this case..but I wanna leave a eulogy for her before I go on my way.

Today marks the 41st anniversary of you being discovered. We may never know who killed you but know this you were loved by not hundreds but thousands, and seen by millions. From the moment you were found the morning of November 1st, 1980, and became part of the unidentified, we as a community treated you as if you were our own child. buying you a plot of land, a donated casket, and a tombstone for your burial. In 1999 we exhumed your remains to collect addition DNA to determine who you were and possibly the person who murdered you.

Whomever is responsible for this is a very weak individual to attack, beat, sexually assault, and murder a little girl is something only a coward would do. Had you managed to survive that night I am certain you would have suffered from severe and complex PTSD with possible agoraphobia along with trust issues, but you didn't survive and with that you had your future and everything else taken away from you. The right to be successful, learn, have children and possibly grandchildren.

My heart goes out to the family and friends that knew her. If you are reading this know there were nights I would stay up thinking about her and I condemn any Hateful, sexist, necrophilic, and misinformed comments directed at her. I say thank you to the people involved in science and technology who were able to solve this case. If it wasn't for them she could have possibly remained unidentified for another 41 years if not more. I hope one day everything that lead up to that early morning will be known.

May you rest in eternal peace and comfort.

Also congrats to @MadMcGoo I just now noticed you are a moderator which is great. I think you will do well.

Thinking about you today. Rest in eternal peace <3
Amen! And this year she has finally been reunited with her family. Thank you to all (especially) Carl, who all contributed to her homecoming. And after all these years, let us not unwaver on seeking justice for this sweet child.

Prayers to her family, and all who have come to love her.

I find it incredibly sad that she was dead and without her name for so much longer than she was alive, but there's something comforting in knowing that on this death anniversary she finally has her name back.

I agree that what matters is our girl has her name back and that her family is no longer wondering where there loved one is..but I wouldn't say that we are being nosey. Many of us, for years, have worked on this case.
We have shown care and compassion..and have grown to hold her dear to our hearts. I think it's only natural to want to know details about her..and I hope in the near future we will. But I respect her family's feelings and ultimately it is at their discretion.

Great post. The only point I see differently is that I absolutely think this was an SK. That type of brutality and overkill builds up over time....and that blood thirst is never quenched. I speculate it was the truck driver SK that was caught who had the torture chamber in his truck. I can't remember his name, but LE stumbled upon it.

ben rhoades?

It was obvious to me reading the critical/harassing comments how many of the people making them were not alive at the time. This is not meant to lump everyone of any age together. Only to say, there are absolutely individuals out there following older cases who cannot comprehend the many ways the 70s, the 80s were so very different. In their minds, it was probably like "If my child went missing, I would immediately track their iPhone, get on Facebook,start a group, my 500 friends would all share, have a vigil, call the major news stations and tell Oprah and this and that and _____"

It is way too easy to jump on the "If it was my relative, I would do___." bandwagon if you're not comprehending that the reality may have meant, OK so really? You were personally going to travel to every single town in the country and hang handmade posters and knock on doors until you found your loved one? You were going to travel to totally random towns and speak with law enforcement? You would still BE on that mission!
I think people also forget that life is still going on around the family, they still need to live and go to work even though tragedy struck. As you said they couldn't drop everything.
My best thoughts are with the family now <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member