Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
6:30PM: she leaves the restaurant

Next Morning: the examination indicates she died about 3AM.

What happened between 6:30PM and 3AM?

She left Gulf Oil at 6:30PM; we don't know the exact time she was at Hitchin' Post. Considering it was a 5 mile walk, probably between 8 and 9PM.

She was probably trying to sleep in a truck's sleeper compartment, and it probably took that long for him to decide to attack her..

It's interesting that apparently no move was made to re-interview the witnesses between the initial investigation and their deaths?

What, if anything, do you all think could be a red herring on this case? I do not know why but I feel we are spinning our wheels in one aspect or another.

That would be soooo weird to me. What friend kicks a friend out of a car, somewhere in the middle of who knows where???

My daughter got kicked out of a now ex-friend's car the week before Autumn Pasquale went missing. The dude kicked her out on a dark street right before the park Autumn was supposedly last seen at. To top it off, her cell didn't get good service there and her battery was almost dead. All I heard her say was one road and part of another before it went dead. I went to Google maps to figure out which road I should go to and got lucky because the part I heard is used in a few street names here.

What, if anything, do you all think could be a red herring on this case? I do not know why but I feel we are spinning our wheels in one aspect or another.

"Kathy" - if you compare her photo with the post-mortems, you can see they are different people.

"Kathy" - if you compare her photo with the post-mortems, you can see they are different people.

I wonder about the waitresses memory. I have (since i learned of her case) attempted to remember details anytime someone asks me for directions. With me trying, it is difficult. A waitress sees and deals with many people on a daily basis. I can imagine that her memory of the interaction was skewed.

Kathy. I don't think shes in any way related.

My daughter got kicked out of a now ex-friend's car the week before Autumn Pasquale went missing. The dude kicked her out on a dark street right before the park Autumn was supposedly last seen at. To top it off, her cell didn't get good service there and her battery was almost dead. All I heard her say was one road and part of another before it went dead. I went to Google maps to figure out which road I should go to and got lucky because the part I heard is used in a few street names here.

That's really harsh and a ridiculous thing to do. I hope my daughter doesn't get any "friends" like that later

I totally agree...Maybe my eyes for this things are not good enough, where I really think CarlsK's are, from the beginning I didn't see it....and still I don't see Kathy in this Jane Doe. Looking at the horrific post mortem picture....IMO she is a much "darker" kind of girl type...

That's really harsh and a ridiculous thing to do. I hope my daughter doesn't get any "friends" like that later

I really don't hope your daughter has to deal with this for sure. Another scenario: what if she got fed up and said...stop the car...I want to get out...leave me alone...

Kathy. I don't think shes in any way related.

We've chased Kathy up a dead end.

I totally agree...Maybe my eyes for this things are not good enough, where I really think CarlsK's are, from the beginning I didn't see it....and still I don't see Kathy in this Jane Doe. Looking at the horrific post mortem picture....IMO she is a much "darker" kind of girl type...

I have been saying for a while that "Kathy" is more likely not WCJD. But I am not going to summarily rule her out based on facial resemblance.

Her nose and brow structure are spot-on to WCJD. In other areas where the resemblance doesn't look quite right, we are comparing to a badly beaten and swollen face. WCJD's jaw was slacked, and Kathy's isn't. WCJD's lips were swollen from the beating, and her lower lip sagged down over her chin, so it is not clear how full her lips were without the injuries. Chin structure can be very deceptive when looking at a postmortem photo.

Someone came on one of the facebook pages yesterday with a graphic illustration using side-by-sides with lines drawn across the eyes, nose, etc. to supposedly prove that Kathy wasn't WCJD. The trouble with that was that the two pics weren't similarly oriented. The angles from which the two photos were taken were dissimilar both vertically and horizontally. The photo of Kathy shows her face slightly turned to her left (viewer's right). The photos of WCJD show her face turned to her right (viewer's left). Since faces aren't perfectly symmetrical, a side-by-side comparison of two halves of the face is based on invalid premises, especially since the forward tilt of their faces are also different.

I could take two different photos of my own face taken from the same dissimilar angles, and draw horizontal lines across my eyes, nose, and mouth, and supposedly "prove" that I am not me.

If you don't believe me, try to take a photo of the left half of your face, and then mirror it so that it looks like the right-half, and then put the two halves together. You will probably be surprised at how strange it looks.

As I keep saying, can we please try not to pin WCJD to a famous killer as it's much more likely that she was killed by a nobody.

I have been saying for a while that "Kathy" is more likely not WCJD. But I am not going to summarily rule her out based on facial resemblance.

Her nose and brow structure are spot-on to WCJD. In other areas where the resemblance doesn't look quite right, we are comparing to a badly beaten and swollen face. WCJD's jaw was slacked, and Kathy's isn't. WCJD's lips were swollen from the beating, and her lower lip sagged down over her chin, so it is not clear how full her lips were without the injuries. Chin structure can be very deceptive when looking at a postmortem photo.

Someone came on one of the facebook pages yesterday with a graphic illustration using side-by-sides with lines drawn across the eyes, nose, etc. to supposedly prove that Kathy wasn't WCJD. The trouble with that was that the two pics weren't similarly oriented. The angles from which the two photos were taken were dissimilar both vertically and horizontally. The photo of Kathy shows her face slightly turned to her left (viewer's right). The photos of WCJD show her face turned to her right (viewer's left). Since faces aren't perfectly symmetrical, a side-by-side comparison of two halves of the face is based on invalid premises, especially since the forward tilt of their faces are also different.

I could take two different photos of my own face taken from the same dissimilar angles, and draw horizontal lines across my eyes, nose, and mouth, and supposedly "prove" that I am not me.

If you don't believe me, try to take a photo of the left half of your face, and then mirror it so that it looks like the right-half, and then put the two halves together. You will probably be surprised at how strange it looks.

Very true. Even if you take a photo of your whole face and then flip the picture, put the two side by side.. it looks different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with you. The two halves of my face are quit different, like most people's faces. A perfect symmetrical face would be either very beautiful, boring or strange. I once saw a You-tube video with just a face that was illuminated in different ways and with different colors and it changed dramatically all the time.

Going by statistics of what happened to female runaways, "Kathy" probably met a sticky end even if she isn't WCJD.

I was going over the list of persons executed in Texas in the 1980's whom WCJD might have been trying to visit.

Jay-Kelly-Pinkerton-TX.jpg

http://www.historicalcrimedetective.com/msm-jay-kelly-pinkerton-1979/

Jay Kelly Pinkerton seems like an interesting case. In October 1980, Pinkerton was on trial for two homicides in Amarillo (for which he was ultimately executed in 1986). He was arrested in October of 1979, and spent six months in the Randall County (i.e., Amarillo) jail, before being transferred to Nueces County (i.e., Corpus Cristi) for trial. The change of venue was due to the local publicity in his case.

Pinkerton was born in 1963, and was 17 years old at the time of the murders. He was a good-looking kid, and would have been maybe a year or two older than WCJD.

Though I don't think he was being held at Ellis prior to his conviction in 1981, she might have presumed he was at Ellis because he was being charged with a capital offense at the time of his trial.

Maybe a long-shot. But perhaps she was a "groupie" type who was fascinated with him and wanted to meet him. If she was following news of his trial in Corpus Cristi, she might have been familiar with the nearby communities of Aransas Pass/Rockport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member