Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she was dropped off at the Gas Station by a guy. And was given directions to the prison by the owner of the Gas station.

She left walking and then got lost and went to the Hitchin Post and asked directions to waitress. After that, she died :(

I'm confused. After she was dropped off at the Gas Station, I wonder why the guy that originally gave her a ride, left? I mean, it's a lot of walking (especially in heels) to get to the prison. Like I wonder if he left on purpose or did Walker County Jane Doe said "Thanks for the ride, bye!"

I wonder if she ate at the Hitchin Post, I mean after all that walking, she must have been tired, thirsty, and hungry. Since she still had a LONG way to go after she was given directions again by the waitress at the Hitching Post.

This is my first time posting. :)
I was also wondering if she bought anything when she stopped at the Hitchin Post. She was there long enough to have a conversation and get a map drawn. Did anyone ever say what time it was that she was there?

I'm reminded of that scene from "Back to the Future" - "If you want a Pepsi, pal, you gotta pay for it!" - i doubt WCJD had much money on her.

I was also wondering if she bought anything when she stopped at the Hitchin Post. She was there long enough to have a conversation and get a map drawn. Did anyone ever say what time it was that she was there?

She arrived at the gas station at 6:30pm

She probably arrived at the Hitchin Post around 9pm?

I tried to find an exact time but there's nothing. It only gives me the time she arrived at the gas station, but not the Hitchin Post.

She arrived at the gas station at 6:30pm

She probably arrived at the Hitchin Post around 9pm?

I tried to find an exact time but there's nothing. It only gives me the time she arrived at the gas station, but not the Hitchin Post.
In October/November it would have been dark by then and she wouldn't have been able to get into the prison even if she found it. I wonder if she planned to sleep outside or if she had someone waiting for her (the killer) that was going to give her a place to sleep?

In October/November it would have been dark by then and she wouldn't have been able to get into the prison even if she found it. I wonder if she planned to sleep outside or if she had someone waiting for her (the killer) that was going to give her a place to sleep?

Yeah, she knew she had a long way to go and it was already dark. I have 2 theories.

After getting the map drawn by the waitress, she walked out of the restaurant and asked a truck driver if she could sleep in his truck. Which ended up being her killer.

Or

The truck driver overheard Walker County Jane Doe and the waitress conversation inside the restaurant. (Maybe he was eating at a table and overheard their conversation). He knew she was lost and he probably followed her and offered her to sleep in his truck. And ended up murdering her. :(

I'm confused. After she was dropped off at the Gas Station, I wonder why the guy that originally gave her a ride, left? I mean, it's a lot of walking (especially in heels) to get to the prison. Like I wonder if he left her on purpose or did Walker County Jane Doe said "Thanks for the ride, bye!"

If he were just dropping her in Huntsville, he probably wasn't familiar with the exact location of the prison vis-à-vis the town itself (and I think it's pretty clear WCJD wasn't either, or she wouldn't have been asking for directions to it). The prison was probably just generally described as "Ellis prison in Huntsville", which made her think "If I just get a ride to Huntsville, I can just walk to the prison, the town isn't that big." Then she got there and found out it was actually 15-20 miles outside of town.

If you look at the sunset time for that day, it was actually already dark before she even got dropped off at Gulf Oil. It had been dark for hours by the time she got to Hitchin' Post.

If you look at the sunset time for that day, it was actually already dark before she even got dropped off at Gulf Oil. It had been dark for hours by the time she got to Hitchin' Post.

Wow. So after she got directions from the Gulf Oil Gas Station, she was walking for almost 2-3 hours in complete dark. (If she got there at at the Gas Station by 6pm and Hitching Post at 9pm).

I would have been scared to be honest. Lost in the dark, in a town I'm not familiar with. Walking all around town for 2-3 hours frustrated and getting lost. I would've given up and told the Waitress at Hitchin Post to let me borrow the phone to call my parents or somebody. :(

I wonder if any trick or treaters saw Walker County Jane Doe? It was Halloween night. I wonder if she communicated with them.

Last edited:
One of the reasons I believe her to be an older teen is that she seems to have been really comfortable hitch-hiking. I believe the man that dropped her off at the gas station was simply someone that gave her a ride. I believe she hitchhiked to the hitchin post and that she tried hitching a ride to the prison but that whomever picked her up killed her. :(

I think she was dropped off at the Gas Station by a guy. And was given directions to the prison by the owner of the Gas station. I don't think the owner of the Gas Station drew a map. He probably verbally gave her directions and Walker County Jane Doe tried to remember everything.

She left walking again after she left the gas station (the guy who originally dropped her off, had left) and then got lost again and went to the Hitchin Post and asked directions to waitress. The waitress drew her map and Walker County Jane Doe realized by looking at the map, how far she had to walk still. There's a theory that she asked a truck driver to let her sleep in the truck (it was night time already) and she was murdered. Ugh! I wish she didn't go in the truck. I wish she called her Mom or somebody on the phone at the Hitching Post to pick her up. But I guess she really wanted to go the prison. :(

I'm confused. After she was dropped off at the Gas Station, I wonder why the guy that originally gave her a ride, left? I mean, it's a lot of walking (especially in heels) to get to the prison. Like I wonder if he left her on purpose or did Walker County Jane Doe said "Thanks for the ride, bye!"

I wonder if she ate at the Hitchin Post, I mean after all that walking, she must have been tired, thirsty, and hungry. Since she still had a LONG way to go after she was given directions again by the waitress at the Hitching Post.

This is my first time posting. :)

Welcome to you too Hector.

One of the reasons I believe her to be an older teen is that she seems to have been really comfortable hitch-hiking. I believe the man that dropped her off at the gas station was simply someone that gave her a ride. I believe she hitchhiked to the hitchin post and that she tried hitching a ride to the prison but that whomever picked her up killed her. :(
Or the person who brought her to Huntsville could have been someone she knew. Its possible she had a friend with a car or knew someone who was planning to go that way.

I thought the waitress at the Hitchin Post said the girl got out of the car and later got back into that car or am I confused? She said she drew the girl a map. As far as I understand the girl came in twice.

No, there is no witness account of WCJD getting back into the car. She was dropped off at the Gulf station, and the driver continued on.

By all appearances, this was just a motorist who picked her up hitchhiking, and gave her a ride to Huntsville. The Gulf station was pretty close to I-45, and near the first exit you would get to coming northbound through Huntsville. So he apparently pulled off just long enough to drop her off, and then continued on.

Last edited:
By all appearances, this was just a motorist who picked her up hitchhiking, and gave her a ride to Huntsville. The Gulf station was pretty close to I-45, and near the first exit you would get to coming northbound through Huntsville. So he apparently pulled off just long enough to drop her off, and then continued on.

Thanks! It makes sense now :)

If she arrived in Huntsville at 6:30 pm that could mean she left after school. A time when maybe no one would be home or they wouldn't notice she was gone right away. Was anyone ever able to look at Rockport yearbooks?

If she arrived in Huntsville at 6:30 pm that could mean she left after school. A time when maybe no one would be home or they wouldn't notice she was gone right away. Was anyone ever able to look at Rockport yearbooks?

Yeah, I'm curious about the yearbooks as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez