Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with any theory that she wasn’t intending to go to the prison but rather visit somebody “near” the prison. Every prison I’ve seen, and a Google Maps image of the Ellis Unit is no exception, is situated in a place where there are no houses/neighborhoods around it, just farm fields and desolation.

Which makes sense. It’s a matter of public safety. I mean, would you buy a house near a prison?

Many prisons include on-site or nearby housing for the prison administrators and staff.

In my country it was really popular in the 80's that inmates would write on newspaper ads their info so other people would visit them and befriend them... I was wondering if WCJD didn't know the person yet, it was the first time they were going to meet and that's why none of the inmates recognized her. Was that a thing in the USA back then?

In my country it was really popular in the 80's that inmates would write on newspaper ads their info so other people would visit them and befriend them... I was wondering if WCJD didn't know the person yet, it was the first time they were going to meet and that's why none of the inmates recognized her. Was that a thing in the USA back then?
Yes. People still have prison pen pals. I know a lady that married hers when he was released.

A thought occurred to me. Is it possible she wore glasses? We are thinking the shoes indicate the person she wanted to see could be a possible romantic interest so its also likely she could have left her glasses behind. I know people who need glasses but wont wear them unless they have to.

A thought occurred to me. Is it possible she wore glasses? We are thinking the shoes indicate the person she wanted to see could be a possible romantic interest so its also likely she could have left her glasses behind. I know people who need glasses but wont wear them unless they have to.

That could be possible, considering that wearing glasses could be perhaps considered as 'dorky' for someone her age.

it was a lot more difficult to homeschool in 1980. Even in 1988, my Mum had to go through many hoops to get me and my (full) brother homeschooled.

it was a lot more difficult to homeschool in 1980. Even in 1988, my Mum had to go through many hoops to get me and my (full) brother homeschooled.
Difficult but not impossible? They went down there to the schools and questioned people even went so far as to check yearbooks. I am curious how old they thought she was initially. Did they also check middle schools? Do we know which schools they went to?

I have also been thinking about that one sketch that was done. It looks nothing like the others. It also makes her look older (closer to 17 or 18) and hair longer and more reddish.

I would think it would make more sense to turn back the clock a little to middle school or elementary when there may be a stronger chance of her being enrolled. If she ran away she may have dropped out when she got older. Has anyone looked at older books when she would have been that age ??

I think the trouble with middle/elementary school is that yearbooks aren't as typical for the younger ages. My elementary school had kind of yearbooks... more like just little paper books with photos, not a REAL yearbook. And even in middle school the yearbooks were pretty pathetic lol I don't know if yearbooks from elementary/middle schools around that time would even still exist. I don't see any on classmates

I think the trouble with middle/elementary school is that yearbooks aren't as typical for the younger ages. My elementary school had kind of yearbooks... more like just little paper books with photos, not a REAL yearbook. And even in middle school the yearbooks were pretty pathetic lol I don't know if yearbooks from elementary/middle schools around that time would even still exist. I don't see any on classmates

In 1980 it was quite unusual to have a yearbook for schools below high school. None of the younger Carbuffs had them (schools in NY, NH, MA). My cousin in Montana did, though. So while it's possible (and probably worth poking some more if you're inclined that way), I wouldn't be surprised to find nothing.

In my experience the yearbooks from younger ages were not individual pictures but class pictures and if you missed that day, you were not in the yearbook.

In 1980 it was quite unusual to have a yearbook for schools below high school. None of the younger Carbuffs had them (schools in NY, NH, MA). My cousin in Montana did, though. So while it's possible (and probably worth poking some more if you're inclined that way), I wouldn't be surprised to find nothing.

We had them in Maine. 78-81

Went to a few different schools all had yearbooks back to my 1st grade year that I can recall ... that would date back to 76-77 but who's counting years FOREVER 31!

I do recall some friends whom went to small mainly private christian schools that did not have a yearbook thou. This may also apply to smaller schools in rural areas, reaching back in the time machine I do remember a friend showing me a single sheet of all the students in individual photos just like a yearbook page. It was just a single sheet of her class and that was it that was all they got no yearbook.

Difficult but not impossible? They went down there to the schools and questioned people even went so far as to check yearbooks. I am curious how old they thought she was initially. Did they also check middle schools? Do we know which schools they went to?

I have also been thinking about that one sketch that was done. It looks nothing like the others. It also makes her look older (closer to 17 or 18) and hair longer and more reddish.

Was it the sketch by Karen Taylor? That sketch made me think that WCJD looked like a woman in her early-mid twenties. That sketch also made WCJD look more like Orange Socks IMO.

Carl's original rendition of Michelle Garvey made her look late teens/early twenties instead of her actual 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasadams106048