Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I located 10 Aransas Pass HS alumni (Five from the Class of 1983 and five from the Class of 1984) in Facebook, and sent them messages with the two recons attached.

(If she was approximately 14-15 in 1980, her peers would have been from approximately the 1983-84 graduation classes)

Here is the text of my message:

I'll keep you all posted on any replies.

That's really good, I also wonder if she was from Rockport-Fulton High School population instead? She mentioned both Aransas Pass and Rockport apparently. I'm really tempted to go to Classmates.com and try to post something on those class websites.

I just got a call from the Rockport Pilot. They are going to put a notice on WCJD in their newspaper.

I checked Rockport Pilot online to see if they have article about WCJD but I cannot find it.

KLCD, I think they only publish twice a week. They have a "midweek" edition, and a weekend edition from what I can tell.

I just received a voicemail message from a woman who saw the article in the Rockport Pilot. When I called back, she said that she was thinking at first that she might be Blanca Elisa Robertson, but after she left the message, she realized the dates were wrong.

She didn't have too much info on WCJD, but we talked for a few minutes, and she was saying that there is a Foster Care facility in the area, and she knows the people who run the facility, and perhaps they know something about runaways from the facility dating back to 1980. She says that she will let me know if she finds out anything.

At least I know now that the article is in circulation in the current issue of the Rockport Pilot.

Carl, thank you. My thoughts are always with this girl. I would love if she could be given back her name. I hope the new publicity you're getting may be one step closer.

I'm going to the Rockport area tomorrow. I'll try to get a copy of the paper - the article doesn't seem to be in the online version.

I know this may seem like an odd possibility, but has Mary Louise Day ever been considered? I know Jane Doe is approximately 5'2" or so, and that Mary is approximately 5'8" which would obviously rule her out, however, 5'8" for a 12 year old seems awfully tall. Thoughts? I think their noses look very much alike - very dainty.

Far fetched I know, but does anyone else see a resemblence?

http://charleyproject.org/cases/d/day_mary.html

To clarify, if anyone else sees a resemblence, there could always be a possibility that Mary's information was added incorrectly. If I'm not the only one who sees similarities in their facial features, maybe they've never been compared because of inaccurate measurements.

I received an e-mail from the woman from the Aransas Pass HS alumni club. She said that to her knowledge, nobody at the reunion recognized the images of WCJD.

But she says that the Aransas Pass Progress published an article last Wednesday about WCJD, and included the reconstruction.

Here it is:
http://www.aransaspassprogress.com/news/article_8d112002-a28d-11e0-b765-001cc4c002e0.html

She also put up flyers on a bulletin board at the local WalMart.

Namus entered a missing girl named Barbara Bruno earlier this month, but there's no photo available and nothing really came up when I googled her name. Anyhow, she was last seen June 1, 1980 when she was 18 or 19 yrs old. The UID said she was 19 to the server at the diner she was seen at, and there's always the possibility she was telling the truth - I'm in my late 20's and when I order alcohol, my ID is always thoroughly examined so I would understand if she just looked young for her age.

She was from Rochester, NY, but according to her listing, it was rumored that she moved to California and our Jane Doe was hitchhiking out west.

Namus gives no other information about Barbara, except that she had hazel eyes and brown hair, which is a match to our Jane. Can anyone else find additional information about Barbara or is our best bet to contact the case manager listed on Namus and find out if there are any photos?

Here's the link:
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/11582/0/

Thoughts?

Carl, I just noticed that you mentioned Barbara in relation to the Irondequoit Jane Doe and that you might check out some yearbooks to try and find a photo of her. Any luck yet?

Carl, I just noticed that you mentioned Barbara in relation to the Irondequoit Jane Doe and that you might check out some yearbooks to try and find a photo of her. Any luck yet?

I could not find her in any of the available late 70's yearbooks for the schools in Rochester.

I doubt that she is WCJD, though. WCJD's estimated age (between 14 1/2 to 16 1/2) was based on her skeletal and dental characteristics, not just on her physical appearance.

A human skeleton undergoes significant and very predictable changes between 14-16 and 18-19. Age estimates performed by a Forensic Anthropologist are much more accurate for children and teenagers than they are for adults, and I doubt that a FA would confuse an skeleton of a 18-19 year old for that of a 14-16 year old.

Bump.

The 31st anniversary is next week of the day an unnamed monster cut this beautiful little girl's life short. I hope and pray she will get her name back soon so she can be properly laid to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member