GUILTY TX - Jackson Farrey, 6 mos, El Paso, 15 Nov 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When taking into account a child's weight, genetics plays a big role in the weight of a baby. When you look at Jackson's father, he was tall and skinny. There was no meat on his long arms. Jenna looked chunky from baby weight. Jackson was born full-term and of average weight. In that pic of him laying on the carpet; although pale, he does look like he has rolls of fat in the shoulder area.

I appreciate that you checked on this! Thank you :)
No problem :)
Weird fact thing : So I just made a calendar for my brother of the first year of life of his daughter. I grabbed all the photos off of FB. He and his wife averaged at least 4 pictures per month (some months way more than others) on FB of showing off photos that were all about their little girl. It made me sad thinking about Jackson barely having any photos being shown off. It doesn't seem like a privacy issue in this case because, well, she posts all sorts of things.

Anyways, anyone have any ideas why a person would have such a large sum of social media sites? Like multiple instagrams.. and be active in most of them? I don't really get it. Does instagram have a limit to how much you can post?
I couldn't find anything that they have a limit, I think she's just that obsessed with herself, maybe wanting to have different "followers". She certainly was trying to be someone else on fb.

When taking into account a child's weight, genetics plays a big role in the weight of a baby. When you look at Jackson's father, he was tall and skinny. There was no meat on his long arms. Jenna looked chunky from baby weight. Jackson was born full-term and of average weight. In that pic of him laying on the carpet; although pale, he does look like he has rolls of fat in the shoulder area.

Right, which is why when I look at the photos I use a body comparison- his head is far too big for his body, more the size of an infant. His legs look like tiny sticks. His arms do not have rolls, they have loose skin. Big difference.

My adopted daughter was 5 when we got her and barely in a size 2T. The doctors were all in an uproar, so we did tons of testing. The whole time I was saying- come on, her birth parents are 4'9" and 5'4". She was proportionally correct. She is now 14, is barely 60 lbs and wears a size 8. Jackson and Blake were starving IMO.

I know its all minor things, but the well checks we've always done were about 2 weeks, 1 mo, 2 mo, 4 mo, 6 mo, (w/ my son I fought for a 9 mo), 12 mo, 18 mo, 2 yr & every year after that. Its really up to the parents to make the appointments though, some pediatricians will send a "reminder" postcard, but that's about it usually. & I would hope that CPS had contacted their pediatrician, especially with the neglect charge, to keep an eye on the boys, but I don't know if she'd brush them off that B was just skinny because of genetics, & the pediatrician believed it?

I know its all minor things, but the well checks we've always done were about 2 weeks, 1 mo, 2 mo, 4 mo, 6 mo, (w/ my son I fought for a 9 mo), 12 mo, 18 mo, 2 yr & every year after that. Its really up to the parents to make the appointments though, some pediatricians will send a "reminder" postcard, but that's about it usually. & I would hope that CPS had contacted their pediatrician, especially with the neglect charge, to keep an eye on the boys, but I don't know if she'd brush them off that B was just skinny because of genetics, & the pediatrician believed it?

Yes B was very small...I'd like to think that cps was in touch with the baby's doctors to ensure they were keeping appts, but then again, they continued to let blake stay with his mother after she abandoned him a few times.

I get stomach pains every time i think about poor little jackson. Its gonna be torture waiting on the autopsy results.

My 15 month old twin grandsons were born 15 weeks early. They weighed just over a pound each. They were in NICU for 3 months, and one of them has been hospitalized 3 times since, with 2 surgeries, and a bout with pneumonia.

Even with all of these factors, they both weigh over 20 pounds today. They have fat rolls and dimples. (And are now both officially walking!)

The reason why- they have loving, attentive caregivers who feed them and love them, and pay attention to their needs.

Their mother (My daughter) is 17. Her social media.... when she has time.... is full of pictures of them. Updates. Milestones. Bragging, even. These babies are our life.

I firmly believe that Blake and Jackson were both neglected and starved. I blame not only Jenna..... Her husband and the grandparents should have stepped in.

Agree, agree, agree!!! B, in his more recent pictures, is just waaaaaay too small and so very thin....I understand that genetics plays a huge role in a child's size...but. B looks positively skeletal in some shots...and I keep thinking about that quote from the daycare worker about how he would snatch the bottle out of her hands and how thin he was....it hurts my heart.
My Baby Jackson is tall (95th percentile) because both Daddy and I are, but although he's on the thin/average side (50th percentile), he in no way appears undernourished-even with the gap between his weight and height percentile, he has just enough baby chub and no loose skin... We are both tall (6' and 5'10) and thin...but we feed our kids!!! I mean how hard and time- consuming is it to throw a few scoops of formula into a bottle of water???
It just drives me nuts that these boys were sort of in the way somehow for their parents.
Unless there's a feeding problem, no baby should be bony!!! I've had three babies - both of my boys were tall and on the thin side, while my daughter was shorter and had baby rolls and dimples to spare. They all had reflux to some degree. Even with my first, and as a young mother, the thought that they weren't getting enough to eat was always on my mind.
I believe that sentiment is shared by most new moms (lol and veteran moms). We want our littles to be healthy.
I think she is just immature and self-obsessed and incapable of being a decent mother...and dad? No idea. Where were the grandparents? Family? Friends???
I apologize for rambling and ranting. I'm just upset.

There's no way they went missing on the 11th. It had to be the 15th. My husband is Army, currently at Fort Bragg and previously at Fort Bliss, so I have seen kind of how they operate with people not showing up for work/showing up late/etc. If you are even slightly late in the morning, your leadership calls you. If you don't show up for formation at all and you aren't responding to phone calls or texts, they go to your house. We know that's what happened with Jeff... so taking what I know and applying it to what happened (because there is absolutely no way he missed more than one formation), I would guess that they probably ditched town sometime during the evening/night of the 14th. He didn't show for formation on the 15th, leadership went to his house and discovered everyone missing.

I'd like to add that you guys are awesome. When this family went missing, I knew something was fishy. I have been tracking the story since. I have found that this forum is the best place to come for updates on this story. I check it at least once daily. Y'all are really on your game. I just now joined so that I could join in on this and keep up with it better. :seeya:

I'd also like to add that, as an early childhood professional, it is crystal clear to me that Blake (and probably Jackson, it is hard to see from his lack of photos) was neglected. Nutritionally, emotionally, in every sense of the word. Blake looks to be the size of an infant when he should be a thick and active toddler. The fact that there was question of whether or not a photo of him was actually a photo of Jackson says it all. I can't stand to think about the kind of developmentally inappropriate environment their mother provided for them. I really hope that whoever has Blake now is meeting all of his needs and working to undo all of the damage that she undoubtedly caused.

Impatiently waiting to see that additional charges have been pressed against both mom AND dad...

There's no way they went missing on the 11th. It had to be the 15th. My husband is Army, currently at Fort Bragg and previously at Fort Bliss, so I have seen kind of how they operate with people not showing up for work/showing up late/etc. If you are even slightly late in the morning, your leadership calls you. If you don't show up for formation at all and you aren't responding to phone calls or texts, they go to your house. We know that's what happened with Jeff... so taking what I know and applying it to what happened (because there is absolutely no way he missed more than one formation), I would guess that they probably ditched town sometime during the evening/night of the 14th. He didn't show for formation on the 15th, leadership went to his house and discovered everyone missing.

I'd like to add that you guys are awesome. When this family went missing, I knew something was fishy. I have been tracking the story since. I have found that this forum is the best place to come for updates on this story. I check it at least once daily. Y'all are really on your game. I just now joined so that I could join in on this and keep up with it better. :seeya:

I'd also like to add that, as an early childhood professional, it is crystal clear to me that Blake (and probably Jackson, it is hard to see from his lack of photos) was neglected. Nutritionally, emotionally, in every sense of the word. Blake looks to be the size of an infant when he should be a thick and active toddler. The fact that there was question of whether or not a photo of him was actually a photo of Jackson says it all. I can't stand to think about the kind of developmentally inappropriate environment their mother provided for them. I really hope that whoever has Blake now is meeting all of his needs and working to undo all of the damage that she undoubtedly caused.

Impatiently waiting to see that additional charges have been pressed against both mom AND dad...
:welcome: Kptorbs! :seeya:

Glad to have you "on board"! :)

Does anyone know how military medical works? Like their family medical insurance would go through the military, right? They would see military doctors, correct? Children in the US (through private insurance or public assistance) get Well Check visits very frequently. Up to 6months of age it's a monthly visit and then it goes every 3 months until a year and then 18mo followed by yearly. Height, weight, needed shots and a full body check along with checking milestones is normal. Does anyone know if this is how it works in the military as well?

I can not for the life of me understand how this could have happened. LE knew there was an issue, CPS knew there was a problem, the pediatrician a had to know how small the boys were and SURELY the military was aware of of the LE/CPS investigation, right?

Good question. There are options within the military. One option is you go on base for everything and to go off base you need a referral and those are usually just done if the base doesn't have a certain practice/doctor you require. That option is free, technically taken out of pay each month like other insurance companies, but free at each visit. The other option is you can go off base for everything and pay relatively small co-pays at each visit. I have a toddler and we chose the on base option. We moved to our current location when she was 5 months. She was seen at 6m, 9m, 12m, 18m, and 2y. She will be seen next at 3y unless something arises of course. I am sure each base has a different way of operating but here with each visit we have to fill out a developmental survey and they take those seriously. If the child seems to be progressing slower than average they put them in some sort of therapy. They also take their statistics very seriously, for instance, there was one month (I think her 9m) where her weight % was very low and they were concerned and said if it isn't up at her next appointment then they will need to refer us to a nutritionist. My daughter has always been petite but her weight to height ratio has always been good for her smaller stature. This one month I really think they messed up her stats some how as she ate like a horse until she was a little over one lol. Her next appointment she was back to normal stat wise. Anyways, I digress, the point was to tell you the options and state that our base here is very in tune to the development of children at all levels. Although they never reminded me, I had to remember and call about a month in advance to make sure I got a spot...very very busy here! Then again, if I had totally skipped maybe I would have gotten a reminder, don't know because I made sure I was on top of it. :)

As far as the military not being in the know about the legal issues surrounding Jenna and her children, it depends on communication. I can't see the CID (?) standing by idle while they knew of issues so my guess is they didn't know. That is JUST a guess. If they didn't know it was due to lack of communication either from LE or CPS. If they did know then they themselves should face charges as well, JMO. I know if it was here in my husband's OSI unit, they would see if they had a prior case open and if they did, whoever had that case open would be investigated to see where it failed on their end.

Hope this helps.

Good question. There are options within the military. One option is you go on base for everything and to go off base you need a referral and those are usually just done if the base doesn't have a certain practice/doctor you require. That option is free, technically taken out of pay each month like other insurance companies, but free at each visit. The other option is you can go off base for everything and pay relatively small co-pays at each visit. I have a toddler and we chose the on base option. We moved to our current location when she was 5 months. She was seen at 6m, 9m, 12m, 18m, and 2y. She will be seen next at 3y unless something arises of course. I am sure each base has a different way of operating but here with each visit we have to fill out a developmental survey and they take those seriously. If the child seems to be progressing slower than average they put them in some sort of therapy. They also take their statistics very seriously, for instance, there was one month (I think her 9m) where her weight % was very low and they were concerned and said if it isn't up at her next appointment then they will need to refer us to a nutritionist. My daughter has always been petite but her weight to height ratio has always been good for her smaller stature. This one month I really think they messed up her stats some how as she ate like a horse until she was a little over one lol. Her next appointment she was back to normal stat wise. Anyways, I digress, the point was to tell you the options and state that our base here is very in tune to the development of children at all levels. Although they never reminded me, I had to remember and call about a month in advance to make sure I got a spot...very very busy here! Then again, if I had totally skipped maybe I would have gotten a reminder, don't know because I made sure I was on top of it. :)

As far as the military not being in the know about the legal issues surrounding Jenna and her children, it depends on communication. I can't see the CID (?) standing by idle while they knew of issues so my guess is they didn't know. That is JUST a guess. If they didn't know it was due to lack of communication either from LE or CPS. If they did know then they themselves should face charges as well, JMO. I know if it was here in my husband's OSI unit, they would see if they had a prior case open and if they did, whoever had that case open would be investigated to see where it failed on their end.

Hope this helps.

This helps a lot!! Thank you for the info :)

Hope this helps.

I'm not sure how much the pediatricians on Ft Bliss would have done, I had quite a few problems with them blowing off my concerns or not being concerned about something that was a problem, including my youngest was seen on the 29th of May for a checkup, no problems were even suggested, I had her reseen a week later at our new duty station & she was referred for OT & PT, & started monitoring her head growth Ft Bliss didn't say anything about wanting to see her back more frequently for monitoring.

Just staggers me that with Children's Services being informed by the day care and the police catching her twice leaving B for extended periods that these children weren't kept a close eye on by Children's services. From Jeff's dad's comments on Jenna's FB the family obviously had concerns about the babies. It's terrible that they weren't protected from her.

I'm not sure how much the pediatricians on Ft Bliss would have done, I had quite a few problems with them blowing off my concerns or not being concerned about something that was a problem, including my youngest was seen on the 29th of May for a checkup, no problems were even suggested, I had her reseen a week later at our new duty station & she was referred for OT & PT, & started monitoring her head growth Ft Bliss didn't say anything about wanting to see her back more frequently for monitoring.

Yeah, it all depends really. Our base here is pretty legit but I have hear horror stories of others. I suppose that is the same in the civilian sector too though, you have good docs and bad it is just in the military (depending on coverage) you are stuck with what you get right lol

I saw in comments in one of the articles online that a "friend" of jenna and jeffrey's said they always seemed happy with their kids. They also said that Jenna was recently questioning the marriage and if she even loved jeffrey anymore. She said she couldnt imagine them doing something like this.

In thinking about it...Jenna went out to a bar on the 12th. What are the odds she was hungover and very tired-slept in, left the kids to find for themselves and something happened. I saw a few pics of the babies sleeping on the floor in the living room in the past so she didnt seem to have a problem with that. The baby could have choked on a plastic bag, cat food, or something blake got into while jenna was passed out on the couch. Seems logical.

I still think she deserves life in prison for it. Like everyone else, Im just trying to wrap my head around why this precious little boy is gone and how many people were destroyed by this :(

Just staggers me that with Children's Services being informed by the day care and the police catching her twice leaving B for extended periods that these children weren't kept a close eye on by Children's services. From Jeff's dad's comments on Jenna's FB the family obviously had concerns about the babies. It's terrible that they weren't protected from her.

I believe they were watched for about a year.

I was thinking that during that year Jeff was more available and then he left a couple times for trainings more recently. Anyways I actually have seen first-hand how well people can hide and cover up for themselves when being watched but as soon as it is over they go back to "their ways." I am sure they had a lot of excuses about Blake's progress.

I am loving everyone's posts. Such good information, thanks to everyone posting!

Geez every time I look at her FB I find new things that disturb me that I guess I let my brain pass on.. I just noticed the comments about how she is taking a photo of her nails as she is driving down the road and someone asks her if she has the kids in the car as she is doing this and kinda gives Jenna a scolding.

I also wanted to add to Shadow364 post, even in the photos of Blake when he was a baby their were hazards everywhere. The picture of him chewing on the rug there is a penny right under neath him. I could see this being exactly how you put it.

I believe they were watched for about a year.

I was thinking that during that year Jeff was more available and then he left a couple times for trainings more recently. Anyways I actually have seen first-hand how well people can hide and cover up for themselves when being watched but as soon as it is over they go back to "their ways." I am sure they had a lot of excuses about Blake's progress.

I am loving everyone's posts. Such good information, thanks to everyone posting!

Geez every time I look at her FB I find new things that disturb me that I guess I let my brain pass on.. I just noticed the comments about how she is taking a photo of her nails as she is driving down the road and someone asks her if she has the kids in the car as she is doing this and kinda gives Jenna a scolding.

I also wanted to add to Shadow364 post, even in the photos of Blake when he was a baby their were hazards everywhere. The picture of him chewing on the rug there is a penny right under neath him. I could see this being exactly how you put it.
I think she probably did do good for while CPS was watching, even when Jeff was gone in May, she probably did her best with B if CPS were still involved. No matter what, the military does a good job about keeping them busy, he had another training in May & CQ (24 hr desk duty) in the last few months that she managed through :-/

& the picture of her nails against the steering wheel, I think it was Jeff's sister commenting on the picture? But when she says, "no I guess there's no law against it", well in El Paso it is against the law to use your cell phone while driving, so I'd say there is! No matter what, who takes a picture of their hand while going 65?

http://m.kvia.com/news/baby-jackson...aso/-/22877038/23268004/-/lvighm/-/index.html
Jeff asked for a bond reduction to pretty much nothing ($50,000) & the judge denied it. Lawyer claims he's innocent to any abuse/ neglect of the boys because he was deployed (not for the last 16 months!!!) & Michigan CPS says that Blake showed signs of neglect & being "grossly underweight". Seriously soooooanoyed that his lawyer has tried to make him out to be such a good lawyer, yet too much of a wuss of a man to stand up to his wife for his kids.
Jenna will be arriving to El Paso sometime this afternoon.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth
Back