GUILTY TX - Jade Allsop, 5 mos, suffocated in sexual assault, Copperas Cove, 26 Jan 2005

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Frigga--(((hugs))) to you. I so admire your strength. You are a true survivor. I am the proud mother of several so I know the healing and work involved in that process.

You will always find open ears and open hearts on WS.

Missizzzy

I never told anyone about being sexually assaulted several times by a neighbor until I was an adult. When I finally told my mother, she said it was my fault for going over there. That is why people don't disclose and keep their secrets. I've never, to this day, told another living soul exactly what was done to me. Not even my husband.

:hug:

Picture of the perp:

Joseph-Allsop-Cove-Sex-Abus.jpg

I am the third generation from a 'monster' such as this- they do exist- I can vouch first hand. My opinion, it was done to him, I am sure he did it to my mother, he did it to me, but it stops here. I believe certain perpetrators choose VERY young victims for the sole purpose of getting away with it FOREVER. Had this sweet child not died he very well may have. I have much more I would like to say but not sure this is the time. I am so relieved that it has ended for him- at least it better have!

:hug:

I am the third generation from a 'monster' such as this- they do exist- I can vouch first hand. My opinion, it was done to him, I am sure he did it to my mother, he did it to me, but it stops here. I believe certain perpetrators choose VERY young victims for the sole purpose of getting away with it FOREVER. Had this sweet child not died he very well may have. I have much more I would like to say but not sure this is the time. I am so relieved that it has ended for him- at least it better have!

His daughter died in 2005 and apparently no one suspected a thing.

jjenny--I read that he "staged" the death to look like SIDS. He placed a baby bottle in the infant's mouth when he discovered that she'd stopped breathing. I read a comment under one of the news articles written by a neighbor at the time (I confirmed the address) that it was horrendously sad. The mother was devastated.

I'm starting to wonder if Allsop kept his juvenile record secret from his wife.

jjenny--I read that he "staged" the death to look like SIDS. He placed a baby bottle in the infant's mouth when he discovered that she'd stopped breathing. I read a comment under one of the news articles written by a neighbor at the time (I confirmed the address) that it was horrendously sad. The mother was devastated.

I'm amazed that someone with a juvenile sex-abuse record passed his background check to join the military. There's no way someone (his recruiter at least) would not know he had that conviction. Did they loosen standards to that extent during the Iraq war? I have a knee-jerk reaction to be defensive of the military, but in this case, I just don't understand how he was allowed in.

Here's the link:

http://www.witn.com/crime/headlines/101973463.html

"....and staged the scene so that it would appear the baby had been put in her crib with a bottle, according to the affidavit.

Paramedics responded to a 911 call just before 1 a.m. the next day and took the infant to Darnall Army Medical Center where she was pronounced dead, the affidavit said.

The report of the autopsy performed on the infant in 2005 listed the cause and manner of death as undetermined."

FWIW, I've been following the mysterious infant deaths at Ft. Bragg and learned that a large number of infant deaths are listed as "undetermined". They can't always prove SIDS.

Here's the link:

http://www.witn.com/crime/headlines/101973463.html

"....and staged the scene so that it would appear the baby had been put in her crib with a bottle, according to the affidavit.

Paramedics responded to a 911 call just before 1 a.m. the next day and took the infant to Darnall Army Medical Center where she was pronounced dead, the affidavit said.

The report of the autopsy performed on the infant in 2005 listed the cause and manner of death as undetermined."

FWIW, I've been following the mysterious infant deaths at Ft. Bragg and learned that a large number of infant deaths are listed as "undetermined". They can't always prove SIDS.

How could anyone prove SIDS? By definition SIDS is a sudden death of a young child where an autopsy does not show an explainable cause of death.
https://health.google.com/health/ref/Sudden+infant+death+syndrome

She says she had no idea.
http://www.ksat.com/news/24849667/detail.html

god bless this mom for listening to and believing her son. And to all WS members who have suffered from any kind of abuse please know that all of us here support you. How can any parent think their child is lying when they report this stuff????? May thjis perp rot in -------

I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that people like this exist. They actually live and breathe on the same earth as the rest of us. What possible twist of genetics could cause such a freak to be birthed into our world?

There is real evil in this world. It is not just a word.. it is a NOUN

Steadfast--I'll be as transparent as I can be. I'm a pacifist and entering the service has never been something that I would encourage for my children. However, my youngest son did consider it. He has two juvenile stalking convictions, with quite scary details. When he told me that he'd met with a recruiter (I believe it was a Marine recruiter), I felt sure that they'd never accept him due to the convictions. However, I was wrong. They explained to him how to go about getting those records expunged. He was attempting to do just that when the recruiter requested his cumulative files from high school. It came out that he was diagnosed with Oppositional Defiant Disorder, had a hair trigger temper, started fights where ever he goes, and has been on anti-psychotics for most of his life. They denied him. Thank goodness as this is NOT a young man we want to put in a war zone.

This tells me that the military is willing to work with young people who have records. What I want to know is to what degree. I can surely see a misdemeanor being overlooked but a sex offense which precipitated registration?????

Let me go back and clarify something. I used the words SIDS. I made the assumption that the father was attempting to make the death appear to be SIDS. From what I've read, the mother only knew that the child unexpectedly died and the hospital or coroner ruled "undetermined". jjenny, you are correct in that SIDS cannot be clinically proven, only suspected. This issue came up on the unexplained infant deaths at Ft. Bragg thread.

I just spoke with an attorney friend here in Oregon and he said that much depends on when this man offended and was adjudicated as a juvenile. There have been some changes to the law about the expunction and sealing of records. The following law is a bit confusing as it talks about requesting the expunction and the fact that at least five years must have elapsed since the date of the person’s most recent "termination". Being that this man is noted to have failed to register in the state of Texas as a SO, presumably when he arrived at Ft. Hood, I don't think there's been any "termination". It would seem that his case was still open.

He directed me to:

http://www.leg.state.or.us/ors/419a.html

ORS 419A.262

In reading this carefully, it sounds as if expunction is possible if the person is committed to getting it done. The burden of proof is on the county as to why it should NOT be allowed. My friend pointed out that the motion can be filed in the county of "termination" which might not have ready access to records in another county from several years back.

I've just sent an email to Oregon Crime Victims United about this particular case and questions as to whether the statute might need to be re-examined.

It is my opinion that sex offense convictions/adjudications would be extremely relevant to military service.

I'm sure someone with far more knowledge can explain this better than me. This is just how I understand it at this moment.

Recruiters, themselves, don't do a criminal background screening on each recruit. They will contact the local LE and have them search.

If this man had a juvenile record and it was sealed. It more than likely showed up. But, given that it was sealed the screening would only show that he had an arrest and/or conviction as a juvenile. Not what the arrest or the conviction was for because of the fact that it was sealed.

It is up to the recruit to tell the truth. If they lie it's called giving a false statement and it is a felony.

That's the least of this guy's worries.

Yes Steadfast, the bar lowers and raises according to the recruitment levels required.

The recruit can get a waiver (not always as easy as it sounds) to join if there is a criminal record. It all depends on what the levels of recruitment are at that time.

At this point in time levels are down, they are now tightening the requirements again.

Back in the cold war era there were periods where one did not even have to have a High School diploma to join. Unless they've changed it again since last Oct, they do now and have for a long time.

I hope that explains why this man was in the Military, somewhat.

I do understand that his victims are children. I don't want to sleuth his wife. Lord have mercy that woman must be shattered.

I do think it's important for LE to state where he lived. Also, which unit he was assigned to within Fort Hood. He may have had contact with children of neighbors or co-workers. JMHO. That way the parents can check if they need to for their children.

The way I'm looking at this is he's a sex offender. His job isn't a factor to me at this time except for where he was located while he was offending. KWIM?

Also, we do have a lot of recruits that come into the military with Personality disorders. They usually don't last long, and are usually responsible for the larger part of the crime we have on instillations and also they go out into the communities bordering our instillations and commit crimes there.

I hope they are able to find his victims and make sure they have counseling. Bless their hearts :(

That was very helpful Kat. I've always been under the impression that those with Personality Disorders (either diagnosed or not) would not make it through Basic Training due to their extreme difficulty with authority. That is why I knew that even if my son was allowed in, it would only be a matter of time. He's had churches put "no trespassing" orders against him. There's just no way he could be part of a team of working men and women.

And I hope everyone understands, pacifism is a personal and lifelong choice of mine. My father served in WWII and I made a vow of pacifism to him. I have unending respect for those who serve, however. I'm sure this arrest and confession must be sending terrible shock waves through military families who have crossed paths with Allsop. I've read several comments under news articles from soldiers he served with. They have all been shocked.

That scares me even more. He was good at hiding his dark secrets.

I respect your stance on pacifism Missizzy :)

That's what makes the world go 'round, different viewpoints.

I wanted to add that the kids with PD's usually aren't diagnosed and come in. If they have a previous diagnosis they are exempt from joining.

No, they usually don't make it past basic but some do.

Our communities are not immune to crime, and soldiers are not any less capable of commiting crimes, if they are so inclined. JMHO.

Kind of like I always thought that a Doctor given the profession and the level of education that must be achieved would be less likely to commit a crime. People are people regardless of what how they chose to make their money. Was a rude awakening for me :)

I'll bet that his previous duty station has been notified and the unit CDR has spoken about this or will in the near future. But the reason I said that they need to release in the national news whereabouts he lived in Copperas Cove and what unit he was with at Hood is that we are a transient community. Meaning, that there could have been a great many people (possibly their children) that he may have been in contact with that have now moved on to other duty stations or seperated from the military.

He is the lowest of the low. I can't figure out how he caused her death by doing what he did, but to be perfectly honest, I don't want to ponder on it much. Makes me physically ill to think about. Seriously.

All JMHO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back