GUILTY TX - Jaime Melgar, 52, slain in staged home invasion, Houston, 23 Dec 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I found almost everything you need for this case. WOW. I haven't stopped reading & I can't believe this case even made it to court. You have the lead investigator that was fired (twice) from LE for lying on reports to get a conviction, and also lazy or non existent investigations... then you have a DA who was given this as her first case after returning from being disciplined.

There was absolutely ZERO investigaiton after the few hours they spent at the property when the Melgar's were discovered.

Read the Appeal. Then read the last pages that are included of the neighbor who had just been released from jail, that the News Media reported to LE as being very suspect and acting strangely. He even stayed well in to the night trying to find out what was going on w/investigation.

There were multiple things stolen. This was a home invasion gone bad. They stole Sandra's medications (hydrocodone and phenobarbital). There was 3 unidentified DNA profiles, and 1 Female DNA profile found.

Read for yourself. You can see why Kathleen Zelner volunteered (from the Innocence Project who was part of Netflix Making a Murderer). I hope this poor woman doesn't die in prison before they free her. That would be very sad.

Case Docs - Season 6 // The Melgars - Google Drive

I found almost everything you need for this case. WOW. I haven't stopped reading & I can't believe this case even made it to court. You have the lead investigator that was fired (twice) from LE for lying on reports to get a conviction, and also lazy or non existent investigations... then you have a DA who was given this as her first case after returning from being disciplined.

There was absolutely ZERO investigaiton after the few hours they spent at the property when the Melgar's were discovered.

Read the Appeal. Then read the last pages that are included of the neighbor who had just been released from jail, that the News Media reported to LE as being very suspect and acting strangely. He even stayed well in to the night trying to find out what was going on w/investigation.

There were multiple things stolen. This was a home invasion gone bad. They stole Sandra's medications (hydrocodone and phenobarbital). There was 3 unidentified DNA profiles, and 1 Female DNA profile found.

Read for yourself. You can see why Kathleen Zelner volunteered (from the Innocence Project who was part of Netflix Making a Murderer). I hope this poor woman doesn't die in prison before they free her. That would be very sad.

Case Docs - Season 6 // The Melgars - Google Drive
I am exactly where you were! I just happened to listen to this podcast about the Melgar case. First I'd heard of it and landed here for more info. This one greatly upsets me. A juror stated that they were all back and forth and back forth... if you're back and forth to that degree, isn't that what reasonable doubt is??
How do these jurors sleep at night?
I feel horrible for that woman. I've often wondered how after going through something that traumatic, how people keep their composure while being interrogated, going through trial, seeing photos of your murdered loved one, etc.
For once it seemed she reacted in court like I would think most people would, or how I think I would at least, and she's chastised for it. Sad.

Aw man, this thread popped up with a new post & my heart started pumping, thinking maybe she’d been released. I, too, listened to the podcast, and just can’t wrap my brain around how anyone could actually think she’s guilty. My heart really hurts for her.

I'm hoping this doesn't end up being her husband's fingerprint (trying to retrieve his gun from the safe).
I believe she is innocent. It's unbelievable that this case has made it this far to begin with.

I don't know why her lawyer didn't punch a big hole in the Prosecutor's theory by calling in one of Jehovah's Witnesses to refute the information she gave to the jury about getting divorced. We are not forbidden from divorcing (although marriage vows are very serious). There are situations that she named such as death or adultery, that was correct. HOWEVER, if for some reason you did divorce, you are not shunned or "disfellowshipped". The prosecutor said Sandy had to kill him because she didn't want to lose the relationships she had within her religion. It's simply NOT true. Her friends and family would NOT have cut her out of their lives, or shunned her.

If the defense lawyer would have called in an a representative from the congregation, that would have refuted the prosecutions "need" for her to kill her husband.

And secondly, if she was really one of JW's, she would not have desired to kill anyone. In that event, if that was in her heart, why in the world would she even want to hang out with other JW's?

Next, her daughter was likely the most important relationship outside of her marriage. Her daughter was no longer one of JW's (by choice). So let's say Sandy did get divorced and lost her friends (JWs). She still had her most important relationship on earth!

It's all just ridiculousness to me. This whole case!

I don’t understand the logic that she killed her husband because divorce went against her religion, when as you said there would be no repercussions, but ignore the fact that killing him would have repercussions.

Sandy Melgar's daughter Lizz was on Twitter this week, sharing with her followers that the anniversary of Jaime's death always gets her mother down, and asking supporters if they could possibly send a simple "Thinking of You" card/note/postcard to Sandy between now and the new year.

I'm posting this here and will try to contact a few YouTubers to see if we can lots of people to help let her know she's not forgotten.

Current contact info for Sandy:
Sandra Melgar #2151019
Carol Young B-88
5509 Attwater Avenue
Dickinson, TX 77539
Jpay: Sandra Jean Melgar
Please include your mailing address when writing on Jpay if you would like to receive a letter in return.

Presime she WAS hit pver the head and it sent her into a seizure and it freaked them out... so they tied her up and locked her in.. situation sounds like to me anyway like husband was the reason they were there anyway🤷*♀️
They shove her in the closet and he's struggling against that and they stab him?

They shove her in the closet and he's struggling against that and they stab him?
Exactly. Bob Ruff's "Truth and Justice" podcast(s) about Melgar - there are so many episodes!) (Almost all of Season 6!) kept coming back to that conclusion. Working theory is Jaime stopped cooperating with the intruders and fought back when Sandra was put in the closet, and was killed. Ruff found evidence of a similar Houston home invasion committed nine months before the Melgar murder and an attempted one right after; victims were tied up in a similar way, didn't fight, and were not killed. (The perps were caught, and are now either dead or deported.)

The Wrongful Conviction of Sandra Melgar

This is a good breakdown of the horrible injustice that happened in this case. I am sincerely sad and confused why she is still in jail. With the termination of the lead detective, and the items still in his possession that were never tested, I would think this case would be a slam dunk for appeals.

So sad!

The Wrongful Conviction of Sandra Melgar

This is a good breakdown of the horrible injustice that happened in this case. I am sincerely sad and confused why she is still in jail. With the termination of the lead detective, and the items still in his possession that were never tested, I would think this case would be a slam dunk for appeals.

So sad!

Yes it is very sad and a terrible injustice, but sadly there are other cases like this were an innocent person lingers in jail for years and years, even when someone else has admitted to the crime. Our justice system is a mess.

I don't believe she did this or was involved. It's difficult to know because of lack of investigation after deciding that she's the guilty party. There seems to have been no interest in finding co-conspirators, because you know she couldn't have done this alone.

I believe she had her seizure before being tied up. Having a grand mal seizure while being tied up would cause bruising from the bindings.

I saw this case again last night and am even more convinced she is innocent. This is a crime looking for a perpetrator -- It is clear the prosecution has no clue as to motive- because there wasn't one- that prosecutor - there are many names I can think of for her--- it appears the police zeroed in on this woman immediately and never seriously considered any other person could have committed this crime. Where is the evidence? DNA does not implicate this woman. IMO Sandy is just not physically able to do all of those things involved in this crime. Even listening to that interview of that one juror who said "this was a crime of passion"- sounds like he got that right out of watching some true crime show where there was horrible violence perpetrated on the victim and the cop says "this was personal, this was a crime of passion"- when it turns out to be a random killing by someone who was just a brutal killer. I hope that the appeal that is now going forward frees this woman. I see this woman's conviction and imprisonment as a grave injustice. It is cases like this (too many of them) that has caused me to realize that there are too many detectives that are not just very smart, make snap judgments and may be too lazy to do their jobs correctly. Not all detectives are like Joe Kenda and a few others I have seen- they don't make snap judgments and let the evidence take them to the perpetrator.

Last edited:

I was so very glad to see that the Innocence Project of Texas has recently taken on the case of Sandra Melgar.

I was so very glad to see that the Innocence Project of Texas has recently taken on the case of Sandra Melgar.

Great news: I see this as a terrible miscarriage of justice

This is one of those cases where it's hard to fathom how any one of the investigators ever thought she was responsible. How did a jury find her guilty? I've always thought she was innocent, but the prosecution must have had some evidence that she was guilty in order for the jury to be convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that she killed her husband then tied herself up and locked herself in the closet, right?

Weren't there a series of similar home invasions in the area where the wife was tied up in a separate room?

This is one of those cases where it's hard to fathom how any one of the investigators ever thought she was responsible. How did a jury find her guilty? I've always thought she was innocent, but the prosecution must have had some evidence that she was guilty in order for the jury to be convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that she killed her husband then tied herself up and locked herself in the closet, right?

Weren't there a series of similar home invasions in the area where the wife was tied up in a separate room?
I've been following this case since Day One. So many things do not add up and seem to indicate that LE was not, well, here is a link.... I cannot believe, after what had been discovered about LE did or did not do, that there was not a new trial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back