GUILTY TX - James Faith, AA tech director, fatally shot walking his dog, Dallas, 9 Oct 2020 *ARRESTS/wife*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’m fully open to that theory since, as you say, random thrill killers are out there. This robbery scenario didn’t seem to occur in the latest one In downtown tho. Let’s hope this will be our week for this to be wrapped.
The issue is you have two completely different MO’s.

People are gunned down all the time unfortunately, and these crimes couldn’t be more different (from what we know at least).

If this crime didn’t involve duct tape and an attempted robbery/abduction, then I’d be open to another one of those random thrill kill/serial killer scenarios.

This one seems targeted to me.

There's one thing we haven't discussed and that's the possibility of trace evidence. As far as we know there are only two things left at the scene by the killer.

The first is spent ammunition in the form of empty cartridge cases and recovered bullets. I wouldn't expect to find any fingerprints or DNA on those.

But there could be fingerprints or DNA on the duct tape. There might be fibers or a stray hair on the duct tape too.

There's one thing we haven't discussed and that's the possibility of trace evidence. As far as we know there are only two things left at the scene by the killer.

The first is spent ammunition in the form of empty cartridge cases and recovered bullets. I wouldn't expect to find any fingerprints or DNA on those.

But there could be fingerprints or DNA on the duct tape. There might be fibers or a stray hair on the duct tape too.

I’ve wondered about this too, good points. I’m optimistically assuming that this kind of evidence is being worked on.

Bumping For James Faith! Thread was dropped for a bit. Hoping maybe with the Texas Rangers stepping in to help DPD Homicide this case will get some traction!
Gov. Abbott sends DPS resources to Dallas to combat spike in violent crime

This is welcome news since the more help they have will help the pressure. I hope they have some of those folks assigned to this specific case and not just sending officers to be seen.

@Marg from Oz , I agree. I thought this would have been done with weeks ago and I’m certainly hoping we don’t have to move this to the cold case section. L

I’m just depressed over what seems to me anyway, is a lack of interest and attention to this case. I’m sure LE is trying their best with this exploding crime rate in Dallas and other places but I just fear the case may get left behind. I know that we have some face book members here, is there much going on there in regards to Mr Faith?

Two Months After Shooting, Wife of Man Killed While on a Walk Asks for Public's Help

It’s been nearly two months since James Faith was gunned down while out on a morning walk. Now his widow, Jennifer Faith, who witnessed the shooting, is pleading with the public to help find her husband’s killer.
On Oct. 9, she said they’d barely made it a few yards from their house in Oak Cliff when she heard footsteps.

“I heard running behind me, and I turned around and all of a sudden somebody just started shooting at him. And just kept shooting and shooting and shooting,” she said.
“It seems like a robbery but we’re just not sure,” she said. “It seems like a lot of gunshots just to try to take property from somebody.”

Last edited:
Ex-Boyfriend Of James Faith's Wife Arrested For Shooting And Killing Faith During Walk In Dallas Year

Dallas homicide detectives determined Darrin Lopez, 48, was responsible for killing Faith.

They said Lopez was once Faith’s wife, Jennifer’s, boyfriend, and drove from Tennessee to Texas to kill James Faith.

On Monday, Jan. 11, the ATF Special Response Team in Tennessee arrested Lopez for murder.

Feds allege ‘emotional affair’ may have led Tennessee man to drive to Dallas to commit murder

Although Jennifer Faith had said months earlier that the affair ended, the contact between the two was ongoing in early October, the affidavit says. On Oct. 6, they exchanged 419 messages; on Oct. 7, there were 640.

But the messages stopped at 1:07 p.m. Oct. 8 and did not resume until 5:18 p.m. Oct. 9 — the day Jamie Faith was killed. Lopez’s phone was turned off for much of that time, authorities said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back