TX TX - Jane McDonald-Crone, 34, poss kidnapped, Houston, 14 Nov 1993

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What are the rules on posting MSM from another country? Certain information is being reported in newspapers and on TV stations in Mexico.

As long as it's MSM, it is okay to post from other countries because Websleuths has members world-wide. Sometimes we may unapprove a post to give us time to check it out, but as long as we are satisfied it is MSM, such posts would be reinstated.

ETA: We do however ask that members translate the articles into English.

Well, at the risk of it being taken down, here’s an article from El Universal, one of the largest papers in Mexico, claiming that she’s been found in Monterrey. I’m fluent in Spanish, but I haven’t translated the article:

Jane McDonald. Localizan en Monterrey a mujer secuestrada hace 28 años en EU

Here are the first and last paragraphs via Google Translate...

In two days of intense search, Jane McDonald, a 60-year-old woman, who had been kidnapped for 28 years in Houston, Texas, and lived as a homeless person in Monterrey, Nuevo León, was located thanks to the collaboration of Mexican authorities. and the United States; as well as the Nuevo Leon community that provided data for its location and rescue.

We found her thanks to Facebook, there were super important messages, I just saw her 10 minutes ago on such an avenue, in such a place, those messages made a difference," said González, as people sent information to the state police, to the municipal, and even the FBI was involved, as well as the consulate in Monterrey, the governor and the metropolitan mayors to achieve the rescue.

“Thank God for this that has just happened, I hope she will soon be reunited with her family, her sister, her daughters; This is something that there is no way to express because of so much love from the people. The true heroes are the ones who fed her all these years when she was on the street until she could be rescued ”, concluded Abraham González.

Well, at the risk of it being taken down, here’s an article from El Universal, one of the largest papers in Mexico, claiming that she’s been found in Monterrey. I’m fluent in Spanish, but I haven’t translated the article:

Jane McDonald. Localizan en Monterrey a mujer secuestrada hace 28 años en EU

Google translate of the article, with it’s obvious limitations, of the link above:

In two days of intense search, Jane McDonald, a 60-year-old woman, who had been kidnapped for 28 years in Houston, Texas, and lived as a homeless person in Monterrey, Nuevo León, was located thanks to the collaboration of Mexican authorities. and the United States; as well as the Nuevo Leon community that provided data for the location and rescue of it.

Abraham González, the young man who helped unveil this story, said he was surprised to see that a small action he carried out a few days ago mobilized many people to identify and locate the American Jane McDonald, reported as missing on November 14, 1993, in Houston, after he did not return home when he had left for work.

In a video that he shared on his social networks to thank the participation of the people who contributed information or moved to search, Abraham González explained that this story, of the alleged kidnapping of Jane, began 28 years ago and had remained anonymous on the streets of Monterrey, and it resurfaced a few days ago when he observed on the sidewalk of a pharmacy the "bulge" of a person.

As she approached to help, she realized that she was a woman who spoke English and when she saw the conditions she was in, she gave her money, she bought her electrolytes and cream to protect herself from the sun's rays. "But I never imagined that she was a person who had been kidnapped and had been in Mexico for so many years," she said.

He also reads: They arrest in the US a man who faked kidnapping him to avoid going to work

After the above, said Abraham, he asked in his social networks and groups of friends to do a charity work and go to visit the "very pretty" homeless woman, who was at the aforementioned pharmacy, and that was how many people started to move not only to bring him support, but also to speak to the United States consulate and local authorities, as it was learned by the FBI that he had been missing for 28 years in Houston.

Perhaps not used to so much attention and the presence of "strangers", Jane fled from the place where she used to rest, and it was then that an intense search began, which was joined by the Nuevo León Attorney General's Office, with the publication of a photograph and data on the identification of the homeless, while the social media community provided information on the places where they had allegedly seen her.”

There is also this from the local area near Houston where Jane lived before she disappeared. It states that the information that she has been found is UNCONFIRMED at this time.

MEXICO REPORTS MAGNOLIA WOMAN MISSING SINCE 1993 HAS BEEN FOUND-FBI NOT YET CONFIRMED

Yeah, I would be shocked if this homeless woman is Jane. It doesn’t make sense that she would be kidnapped and then just let go or escape to then be homeless. If this happened to any other person on earth, they would notify police of what happened, call home, go home, something. I’m sure someone will chime in that she may have had a mental break or been brainwashed or something else statistically very unlikely. So I will say anything is possible not every far fetched thing is probable.

Conflicting information from the Charley Project:

located alive – The Charley Project Blog

I wouldn't say that's conflicting information, but someone expressing her view that, given she didn't see anything on this outside of social media, people may be jumping to conclusions. And yes, without confirmation from authorities, we don't know if it is her or not. But, as unlikely that the story is, there does seem to be real reason to at least pursue the possibility (through DNA testing or otherwise) that it is her.

First, she apparently didn't actively seek out authorities (or anyone else) and say that she was Jane McDonald-Crone, but instead responded with that name when asked her name by someone caring for homeless who happened to come upon and check on her. And in fact, she apparently moved on from her usual location to get away from the attention at first.

Second, the person who found her has reportedly said that she was clearly an American and spoke English.

Third, the Mexican authorities have apparently said that the woman has green eyes and is 1.8 meters, which is between 5' 10.5" and 5' 11". Jane McDonald-Crone has green eyes and was reported to be 5' 11" when she went missing.

Fourth, the woman's nose and certain other features do very much look similar to what Jane McDonald-Crone's nose and certain facial features look like in the picture of her with the white cowboy/cowgirl hat.

Fifth, the Mexican authorities have apparently said the woman is approximately 60 years old; Jane McDonald-Crone would be 62.

Sixth, at least one well known media outlet quoted the man who reportedly found her as saying:

Gonzalez said: 'At first they [the family] kind of rejected the idea because they thought it was a scam and we wanted money but I told them we truly just wanted to help her be reunited with her family.

'I have spoken with one of her sisters and there is a lot of hope, they are very happy. The family is getting together and they are in contact with the authorities but as of yesterday [March 9] they still didn't know anything about the DNA test.'
A homeless woman in Mexico claims to be missing American woman | Daily Mail Online

Presumably we'll hear one way or the other in the days and weeks ahead.

Yeah, I would be shocked if this homeless woman is Jane. It doesn’t make sense that she would be kidnapped and then just let go or escape to then be homeless. If this happened to any other person on earth, they would notify police of what happened, call home, go home, something. I’m sure someone will chime in that she may have had a mental break or been brainwashed or something else statistically very unlikely. So I will say anything is possible not every far fetched thing is probable.

Note that the story states alleged kidnapping: "Abraham González explained that this story, of the alleged kidnapping of Jane..." - it's important to remember that people do indeed fake kidnappings, and many other things as well to escape from a family, relationship, debts, criminal involvement, etc. 1993 was a long time ago, and really a completely different world than the one we live in now - it was easier to 'run away' then.

In 1989 I moved from Chicago to Marathon in the Florida Keys; I had made only minimal plans in this regard which took me only around 2 months. When I left the only people that knew were my parents - 15 years later when I came back to Chicago a number of my old friends found me (through the Internet) and said they had looked for me for years, and never knew where I had gone. One said, "you just disappeared off the face of the earth".

I'm sure that the Mexican authorities and FBI will run her fingerprints and possibly even her DNA to see if this woman is a match for the missing person...

JUL 29, 2024
Jane McDonald-Crone, 34, has been missing since November 14, 1993. Jane has long reddish-brown hair and green eyes, stands 5′11″ tall and weighs approximately 140 lbs.

On the morning of November 12, 1993, Jane left her home near Magnolia, Texas, to go to her job at Baker-Hughes Tool Company in Houston. That same evening, she reportedly visited several clubs in northwest Harris County: City Limits Club, Willie’s Night Life Club, and Twigs Club.

Jane was last seen wearing dark jeans, a light-colored blouse with long sleeves, and white sneakers. Her husband reported her missing on November 15, 1993.

The next day, her 1982 blue Ford Mustang, with Texas license plate number FXY-01G, was found abandoned in Magnolia, Texas, a few miles from her home on Decision Street near the intersection of Robert’s Cemetery Road. A work crew in the area reported seeing the car at this location on November 13, 1993, at about 7:00 a.m. Her purse and identification were not found in the car, and there were no signs of violence, although the textbooks she used for her community college classes were there.

At the time of her disappearance, Jane was attending North Harris County College in Tomball, Texas. Despite extensive searches and investigations, Jane has not been seen or heard from since. Foul play is suspected in her case.

So I guess the woman in Mexico we were chatting about in 2021 wasn’t Jane?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back