GUILTY TX - Jasmen Gonzalez, 10, Carrollton, 29 Oct 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, he will be tried here. And, if found guilty and given the death sentence....he will die here. In Texas, if you kill someone, we kill you back! ESPECIALLY if you rape and murder a child. :furious:

The only good thing in this horrible case is that Texas will follow through and execute him. If this happened in California, he would get a nice little private cell at San Quentin for pretty much the rest of his life. Average estimated time to execution here is now 30-40 years with all the ridiculous appeals.

BBM:

She was stabbed to death with a knife while in a bed in the master bedroom, which has a back door, at her relative's apartment in Carrollton.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Blood-knife-found-in-SUV-132993533.html

This is so confusing. This article makes it sound like he took her out of the house, sexually assaulted her, took her back to the bedroom where she was originally sleeping and stabbed her, then dumped her in the neighbors yard.

"Authorities said she was taken some time after 10:15 p.m. Saturday and was sexually assaulted. She was stabbed to death with a knife while in a bed in the master bedroom, which has a back door, at her relative's apartment in Carrollton.

Jasmen's body was found in a stranger's backyard a few blocks away from the apartment."

That seems like a very strange sequence of events. Am I missing something?

This poor baby. RIP Jasmen.

The only good thing in this horrible case is that Texas will follow through and execute him. If this happened in California, he would get a nice little private cell at San Quentin for pretty much the rest of his life. Average estimated time to execution here is now 30-40 years with all the ridiculous appeals.

I live in Dallas County. PLEASE let me be called for jury duty!!!!!

:furious::furious::furious:

Jasmen and her parents were visiting her mother's brother and his wife. They have an adult daughter, and the perp was their daughter's common-law husband, according to the LE presser today. He was a drywall hanger.

This is so confusing. This article makes it sound like he took her out of the house, sexually assaulted her, took her back to the bedroom where she was originally sleeping and stabbed her, then dumped her in the neighbors yard.

"Authorities said she was taken some time after 10:15 p.m. Saturday and was sexually assaulted. She was stabbed to death with a knife while in a bed in the master bedroom, which has a back door, at her relative's apartment in Carrollton.

Jasmen's body was found in a stranger's backyard a few blocks away from the apartment."

That seems like a very strange sequence of events. Am I missing something?
This poor baby. RIP Jasmen.

Only the fact that it's the NEWS MEDIA ... I never take these initial reports to heart.. between inaccurate hearing and poor writing .. jmho

Jasmen and her parents were visiting her mother's brother and his wife. They have an adult daughter, and the perp was their daughter's common-law husband, according to the LE presser today. He was a drywall hanger.

Thank you for the update. I didn't get to see the presser. I'm even more sick now!

Only the fact that it's the NEWS MEDIA ... I never take these initial reports to heart.. between inaccurate hearing and poor writing .. jmho

Good point, I guess I'll wait and see on this one.

A few more details in this update but it's still not clear...

Police said Gonzalez was sound asleep in the master bedroom of her relatives' Carrollton apartment when Sifuentes, visiting during a family reunion, stabbed Gonzalez in the chest. Police said he exited through a door from the bedroom to the outside, where he then allegedly drove the young girl several blocks away, leaving her for dead in the bushes of a total stranger's home.

OMG. That sweet little 10 yr old was sleeping soundly and this animal comes in to the room and stabs her in the chest? WHY for God's sake? I just do not understand what is happening to this world. :rose:

Police said Gonzalez was sound asleep in the master bedroom of her relatives' Carrollton apartment when Sifuentes, visiting during a family reunion, stabbed Gonzalez in the chest. Police said he exited through a door from the bedroom to the outside, where he then allegedly drove the young girl several blocks away, leaving her for dead in the bushes of a total stranger's home.

bbm

I know this is tangential, but I cannot imagine living in a home where a child's body had been left in my yard. I hope they plant a garden or some special flowers on that spot...

flowers.gif

BBM - Does this mean she wasn't dead when he dumped her in that yard? I can't stand the thought of that.

Just speculating on what I think happened b/c it all seems to have happened in such a show time frame.

I believe he molested her in the bedroom and then perhaps she wasn't cooperating or threatened to tell. Maybe she was asleep and woke up in the process... :( But for whatever reason, he obviously felt the need to kill her and get rid of her. Quickly.

Please tell me that if he is found to be responsible for this child's rape and murder that he isn't just sent back to his country. Will he be tried in Texas if he committed the crime there?

YES... I am 99.9% sure he will be tried and convicted here. Texas is pretty serious about child molesters/killers. If he had taken her across the border before he killed her, that might have been a different story.
How sad for this precious child, and for her family.

Lt. Mitchell says a knife with what appears to be blood on it was found in an SUV belonging to Sifuentes. Police say the 23 year old suspect is in the U.S. illegally.

http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/k...h.Texas/Arrest.In.Carrollton.Abduction.Murder

Sigh.. thinking of you Jasmen. You had SO much to look forward to.. this is so unfair.
Her parents must be a mess thinking that they put her in this situation. She could have been comfy in her own bed that night...
Such a sad, sad story.

Just speculating on what I think happened b/c it all seems to have happened in such a show time frame.

I believe he molested her in the bedroom and then perhaps she wasn't cooperating or threatened to tell. Maybe she was asleep and woke up in the process... :( But for whatever reason, he obviously felt the need to kill her and get rid of her. Quickly.

I think you're probably right.

There's no doubt that this child suffered greatly. It's just an awful case.

I'm officially correcting this - sorry: short time frame.

(autocorrect is driving me batty)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LinLu
Back