TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, en route from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^RSBM

I have to disagree that the intersection at East Austin & Magnolia Ave (i.e., Hwy 183 or turning southbound -- Hwy 80 & Interstate-10 interchange) is not a busy intersection to catch one's eye. I think there are several clues here that would catch your eye as you approach this intersection:

First, if you are traveling the San Marcos Highway (i.e., Hwy 80) to Luling, that intersection at East Austin and 183 is probably only the third or fourth traffic light in 23 miles after leaving the city limits of San Marcos (passing through Martindale, and Prairie Lea before arriving at Luling).

Second, the speed limit decreases significantly approaching this intersection beginning first with an approaching school, followed by the traffic light where the posted speed limit here is only 30 MPH.

Third, the traffic light is also very well-appointed with signage directing traffic to either 183 and/or alerting motorists to turn right for the I-10 interchange or to continue on with Hwy 80.
It further appears that the traffic signal may also have a mounted traffic camera.

If anything, I think passing the intersection -- especially without noticing the directional roadway signage would seem more like you're taking a detour when East Austin narrows as you cross the road, and it's evident you've entered a truck route, and definitely not continuing on the San Marcos Highway. Within a few blocks, the road forks and East Austin becomes Spruce Ave, and Spruce Ave eventually becomes Salt Flat Road.

It also doesn't follow that you'd even need a navigational app if your journey home requires travel on only two roadways: TX 80 and I-10.

MOO

Google Maps
Great analysis in my opinion and right on target. I don't think the route home is as complex as many folks think. It is literally 1 turn and even if he's a 1st year student, he's driven that route 3 or 4 times before.
Thanks for this observation. This has been pointed out by several who have taken that route, along with the unlikelihood that a driver wouldn’t immediately realize s/he had missed the turn and correct course.
This is now what I am wondering also
LE would know if another car was involved in the wreck for sure, and they very specifically said it was a single car accident and went on to describe the spin and tree damage to various parts of the car. But then they also said no drugs or alcohol involved apparently after they had found a bag of narcotics at the crash scene. :confused:

LE can still conclude drugs/alcohol was not likely a factor
It would be extremely irresponsible for a news station to report ADHD meds as narcotics, but who knows these days.

I think the "narcotics" that were found are going to end up being weed.

Perhaps because at this point, they still thought that he might be alive, and they didn’t want to push him further away, if he were in a tailspin of “I’ve ruined my life forever” thoughts.
Yes, at that point I think they were concerned for his safety and the main priority was finding him. They probably didn't want to discourage him from coming forward in case he was hiding out somewhere.

Last edited:
Was he meeting someone up Salt Flat Rd to get the narcotics, but why would he do that on his way home?
Or, was he to meet someone to pass off the narcotics?
Or was he even in the car when it went up Salt Flat Rd.?

If this had to do with selling/buying narcotics, wouldn't whoever have then grabbed the narcotics rather than leaving them, though?

I’ve been thinking. I think the reason Jason’s father’s statements seem “different” than what we usually hear is because he is such a man of faith. I believe his thought process is, if the best SAR team in the country hasn’t found him, then it’s in God’s hands now. MOO, etc.

ETA. I tend to agree. Virtual hugs to his family.

Those narcotics came from somewhere / somebody. I’m sure that person would have heard about this situation by now and yet hasn’t said anything.... which is telling...

I don't find anything odd or nefarious (in relation to the actual disappearance) about that. If I sold someone drugs, or even just shared some with a friend, and that person came up missing I don't think I'd be jumping in line to contact police and say "Hi, yes, I'm so and so's drug dealer and I don't think his crash was related." I wouldn't want to out myself for the criminal activity related to distributing the narcotics, even if I truly had nothing to do with the crash/disappearance.

I'm certain I read that LE did visit his apartment once they realized he was missing.
Jason’s dad: “Today is Day 16. Jason's disappearance still baffles the searchers and the detectives. Lisa and I met with the head detective yesterday at Jason's apartment. He has not given up. There are still some things they can do. Not being able to get into his phone or computer has slowed the process. They are waiting for the social media giants to respond with the data.”

Southminster Presbyterian Church Missouri City, Texas

Last edited:
I don't find anything odd or nefarious (in relation to the actual disappearance) about that. If I sold someone drugs, or even just shared some with a friend, and that person came up missing I don't think I'd be jumping in line to contact police and say "Hi, yes, I'm so and so's drug dealer and I don't think his crash was related." I wouldn't want to out myself for the criminal activity related to distributing the narcotics, even if I truly had nothing to do with the crash/disappearance.
I see that line of reasoning. I might also be thinking my DNA / fingerprints might be on the packaging etc and that I’d want to clear myself also... but you are probably right that the type of person involved in such dealings likely wants to stay under the radar and just hopes nothing comes their way.

Those narcotics came from somewhere / somebody. I’m sure that person would have heard about this situation by now and yet hasn’t said anything.... which is telling...
But we really don’t know what these narcotics are or how much. It could be just a personal amount of weed or something. I find it really strange if they called weed a narcotic, but I wouldn’t doubt it for sensational purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx