TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is incredibly difficult to break out a car window to exit a car. Now, if the window was broken in the accident that sure would be a possibility.
yes, my windows were all blown out when I had my roll over and I crawled over the glass inside to climb out the passenger
window as my driver side was pressed up along trees and fence so I could not open it.

I would be curious to know what type of gaming JL was involved in and if it involved racing, iRacing, etc.
I would also be interested to know if he had an interest in the hugely popular street racing.
I would not rule out "Drifting" by the driver of the wrecked car. Here's a demo and explanation of "drifting"

Interesting thought. I do know a gravel road near our high school where teens go to intentionally experiment with drifting. However, I’d be surprised if they ever do it alone.

Do we know if the car was his own, or his parents? Might effect how he felt about wrecking it.

I am unsure of actual ownership of the car, but I watched the video of his father when he said the words (bolded by me) below. It was heart wrenching.

“Jason’s dad, Kent Landry, was on site as well, along with several other family members as crews continued their search.”

“Some people have asked, could it be possible [Jason] could be hiding or scared, because he wrecked the car,” Kent said. “I can’t imagine that would be true.”

Kent has a message for his son:

“If it is true. Don’t worry about that. The car is just a stupid car. We love you. Call someone. Call the police. Come home. We just want you home.”

Texas State University student still missing, search ongoing

IMO, official searches happen that don't make the news. It's possible ground searches have continued. However, at some point they will most likely be suspended until new evidence/info brings them back to search again. Not sure where LE is in their investigation regarding continued searches. Certainly a helpless position for loved ones to be in.

I don't see any MSM reports of on the ground searching. Is LE and family just waiting on locals to find a body? This seems to have gone cold or at least is getting much cooler.
I wonder if anyone is searching strictly river banks? Given that Nathan Heathco was found along water, I think it would be worthwhile to follow rivers and tributaries in the area where Jason disappeared. Hopefully there isn't a killer operating in the area with water being the disposal site. All IMO.

I don't see any MSM reports of on the ground searching. Is LE and family just waiting on locals to find a body? This seems to have gone cold or at least is getting much cooler.
There was a link posted a couple of weeks ago stating they could only work with experienced searchers and general public were not encouraged to partake.

I was in Luling last weekend. More than one resident told me they practically begged to help with the search but were turned away.
That's congruent with last report on it.
The trouble is that the terrain is far too dangerous, oil fields, some unprotected openings, private property access etc.

In regard to the searches, I was curious what other members think or may have further insight.

Is the school of thought that the initial large scale search including Texas EquuSearch was stopped because they felt JL couldn't have traveled further, barring outside help, than the area they covered?
Or they didn't have the resources and/or time to extend the perimeter of the search area in the event JL was able to travel further?
Or they had information, which was not made public, that suggested he had left the immediate area?

Many of us have have speculated that he will eventually be found just outside the area that has been searched. I'm not familiar with the protocol or rationale on how long LE will continue large scale searches before stopping, or temporarily suspending them.

In regard to the searches, I was curious what other members think or may have further insight.

Is the school of thought that the initial large scale search including Texas EquuSearch was stopped because they felt JL couldn't have traveled further, barring outside help, than the area they covered?
Or they didn't have the resources and/or time to extend the perimeter of the search area in the event JL was able to travel further?
Or they had information, which was not made public, that suggested he had left the immediate area?

Many of us have have speculated that he will eventually be found just outside the area that has been searched. I'm not familiar with the protocol or rationale on how long LE will continue large scale searches before stopping, or temporarily suspending them.
We do not know.
They issued a statement.
That is all we have.
They seemed pretty confident he was not within the area they had already searched.

Texas LE and their partners led the intensive search for JL over more than seven days and TX EquuSearch was part of that effort. The statement they made when suspending their efforts included the following. Later reports included that LE search efforts were ongoing without TES.

Texas EquuSearch sent crews out to the rural area of central Texas where Jason's car was found to assist in the search. As of Tuesday afternoon, they announced the area had been searched as thoroughly as it could be and could not continue without new leads.

They issued the following statement: Searchers and law enforcement investigators have utilized multiple resources in the search for Jason, including a helicopter with infrared cameras, UAVs (drones), side-scan sonar, scent dogs, as well as searchers on foot, ATVs and horseback. We will not speculate on what may have happen to Jason, but we feel the vast area surrounding the accident scene has been thoroughly searched ... and Jason still hasn't been found. As a result, Texas EquuSearch is suspending our search operations for Jason until law enforcement investigators obtain credible, and sufficient information that would lead our team into a more specific area to search.

EquuSearch calls off search for missing 21-year-old Texas State student from Missouri City

They said they needed new info, not that they changed opinions on what happened, imo. And as far as we know, there is no new info. The only new info that might come will be locating him, probably by a walker or a dog, imo.

Doesn't the act of drifting require speed? Sure looks like fun! I suppose he could have potentially taken that gravel side road to drift for a bit before continuing on his trip. I would think there'd be evidence of that on a gravel road. I wonder just how much investigating (looking at) the road investigators do? Do they just look at the crash scene, and not much further down the road? Things that make you go hmmmmm...
No its NOT fun . My friend's 16yr old died in a car at the hands of her BF . 97 MPH drifting , into brick wall then burst into flames .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3