TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget that LE pinpointed the estimated crash time using a shift worker's account of passing SFR seeing no crash and the firefighter that passed the location and saw the wrecked car and called it in. Based on these reports, the vehicle could not have been crashed for an hour before spotted.
It could have been crashed for a full hour based on time it was reported which was 12.30am.
Road was allegedly clear at 11.30pm.

And, through all this we do not have any absolute evidence that Jason was driving or even in the car at the intersection of Austin and Magnolia. Only that his phone and car were there.
The evidence from the crash site, from dogs etc. is not overwhelmingly evidential. MOO MOO MOO

For me, the report from the oil worker of not seeing the car isn't solid evidence that it wasn't there. He could have just not seen it.
MOO
ITA and if Jason's car was off the road against a tree on the left side of the road as the oil worker was heading south, his headlights may not have picked it up and if he was concentrating on the road himself. It was a very black night out there, no additional lighting.

There is a Valero gas station within appx. 150 feet of that intersection. It's possible he was carjacked there after he stopped for fuel/snacks/etc.
It's possible but his scent was picked up by dogs at the accident site and tracked for quite a distance.
Also LE took DNA samples from the vehicle and most likely tested and matched blood spills too.
They have never suggested another person accompanied him.
If he was carjacked while he went to pay for gas, he would have been safe enough in a town even phoneless because he could have asked for help.
ETA great map, thanks for that, am useless at uploads..
It does make a huge difference to actually see it clearly. Thanks Hou.

It's possible but his scent was picked up by dogs at the accident site and tracked for quite a distance.
Also LE took DNA samples from the vehicle and most likely tested and matched blood spills too.
They have never suggested another person accompanied him.
If he was carjacked while he went to pay for gas, he would have been safe enough in a town even phoneless because he could have asked for help.
ETA great map, thanks for that, am useless at uploads..
It does make a huge difference to actually see it clearly. Thanks Hou.

Respectfully, it is possible that he was carjacked/kidnapped at the gas station, and let off or let out at 2365 SF Road, hence dogs picking up his scent there. MOO. Just thinking out all possibilities. Jason where are you?

Just a comment about the latest news release that pinpoints his location; I'm going to bet this is from his Google mapping and his phone probably tried to connect with the server at the Valero. It easily could be from cell tower, but I'm more inclined to think the phone was idle and Google recorded the location off of the Valero server.

Respectfully, it is possible that he was carjacked/kidnapped at the gas station, and let off or let out at 2365 SF Road, hence dogs picking up his scent there. MOO. Just thinking out all possibilities. Jason where are you?
car jacking involves theft of vehicle, it would have had as sole purpose the gaining of gaining a vehicle but they only had it for 5 miles before totalling it, then they apparently took nothing from it, his backpack was full of gaming gear, that is valuable, worth stealing.
That is assuming he was out of vehicle when they pinched it... there would have been no advantage to car thieves in taking a passenger though.

car jacking involves theft of vehicle, it would have had as sole purpose the gaining of gaining a vehicle but they only had it for 5 miles before totalling it, then they apparently took nothing from it, his backpack was full of gaming gear, that is valuable, worth stealing.
That is assuming he was out of vehicle when they pinched it... there would have been no advantage to car thieves in taking a passenger though.

Exactly my thoughts on carjacking theory.

There is a Valero gas station within appx. 150 feet of that intersection. It's possible he was carjacked there after he stopped for fuel/snacks/etc.
LE released the clue of a "window" of time and a specific location.
I think there could have been an interaction with another party at this Valero petrol station that resulted in somebody following JL or him believing he was being followed -- and he tried to ditch them and lost control of his vehicle. For me, this "window" gives more credence to JL being impaired when he crashed. MOO

For discussion: If a person (perp) sat in the seat of Jason's car and held onto the steering wheel etc. as he drove around, perhaps ransacked items in the car, could he take on enough of Jason's scent and transmit his own scent to items to confuse dogs and LE's interpretation of the dogs response? Could also have been a passenger for a length of time with the same transfer of scent.

For discussion: If a person (perp) sat in the seat of Jason's car and held onto the steering wheel etc. as he drove around, perhaps ransacked items in the car, could he take on enough of Jason's scent and transmit his own scent to items to confuse dogs and LE's interpretation of the dogs response? Could also have been a passenger for a length of time with the same transfer of scent.
Good article here
https://www.researchgate.net/public...ive_Responses_in_Trained_Scent-Detection_Dogs

Maybe it's because I live in a big city, with a fairly high crime rate to go with it, but very little is off the table for me in regards to theories (within scientific reason, that is) about how his car ended up on Salt Flat Road.

Several years ago my own brother was carjacked downtown. He was leaving his place of business during broad daylight, when he was accosted by another man, at his driver door, just as my brother got in to his car. He showed a knife to my brother and said "drive me to the hospital" (about one mile away) my brother told him to hop in, and my brother drove him there. The carjacker then showed the knife again, demanded my brothers wallet, brother complied, carjacker hopped out, and away he went.

DB called LE, gave a report. No one was ever detained. Yes, brother was safe. He did exactly what carjacker asked him to do, and he went on his way. If my DB hadn't cooperated, it could have turned out much differently. He easily could have been injured or killed during a confrontation, his body hidden, and his car left behind to be found later.

Maybe it's because I live in a big city, with a fairly high crime rate to go with it, but very little is off the table for me in regards to theories (within scientific reason, that is) about how his car ended up on Salt Flat Road.

Several years ago my own brother was carjacked downtown. He was leaving his place of business during broad daylight, when he was accosted by another man, at his driver door, just as my brother got in to his car. He showed a knife to my brother and said "drive me to the hospital" (about one mile away) my brother told him to hop in, and my brother drove him there. The carjacker then showed the knife again, demanded my brothers wallet, brother complied, carjacker hopped out, and away he went.

DB called LE, gave a report. No one was ever detained. Yes, brother was safe. He did exactly what carjacker asked him to do, and he went on his way. If my DB hadn't cooperated, it could have turned out much differently. He easily could have been injured or killed during a confrontation, his body hidden, and his car left behind to be found later.
gotcha.
I was working on the definition that it was the same as car theft, not including the driver.
But LE have the vehicle from the outset..
Maybe next stop is CCTV cameras in or around digital footprint area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody