TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
UNLESS dog trail was deliberately masked.
I'd say trail naturally masked. SFR is a gravel country road with wild boars, other dogs, rain, elements, and mostly industrial traffic-- each on their own that can affect SAR.

This is an area peppered with oil wells and nothing else. We saw two abandoned homes.

I'd say trail naturally masked. SFR is a gravel country road with wild boars, other dogs, rain, elements, and mostly industrial traffic-- each on their own that can affect SAR.

This is an area peppered with oil wells and nothing else. We saw two abandoned homes.
Likely true.
Yet they picked up his scent under same conditions and they tracked him for quite a bit.. on same terrain..
Possible?

Unless... someone forced him off the road, forced him to undress..... before removing him from the scene....

The little blood stain.... tazer?

I don't think this is what happened.... but maybe?

JMO

Unless... someone forced him off the road, forced him to undress..... before removing him from the scene....

The little blood stain.... tazer?

I don't think this is what happened.... but maybe?

JMO
Anything is possible right now. Why not?
ETA, taser, I mean.
Anything else would have left a trail that only a highly experienced perp could have have neutralised.
Searchers would have found it.

Likely true.
Yet they picked up his scent under same conditions and they tracked him for quite a bit.. on same terrain..Possible?
I don't think the SAR hit on the road or the abandoned house very exact. I think investigators and SAR had confidence in the SAR hits around the pond. Today, I'm more interested in the distance from the cemetery to the crash site -- both on SFR. I'd like confirmation the graveyard was thoroughly searched. Easiest access...

Last edited:
I don't think the SAR was very exact on the roadway or the abandoned house. I think investigators and SAR had confidence in the SAR hits around the pond. Today, I'm more interested in the distance from the cemetery to the crash site -- both on SFR. I'd like confirmation the graveyard was thoroughly searched. Easiest access...
You mean, that's where he might have headed, because of the little lights?
Wow!

You mean, that's where he might have headed, because of the little lights?
Wow!
Not necessarily the lights but because the only thing out there on SFR besides oil wells and a couple of abandoned cabins is the cemetery which is accessible from the road.

I also think it's possible that JL could have pulled in to the cemetery during those unaccounted 67 minutes to take a hit. If he'd been there earlier, this might be familiar to him wandering around. Or maybe the little lights pulled him in.

Last edited:
I'm not a Snapchat user so please pardon my ignorance. I thought one of the key features of this app is that messages and videos disappear after a short time, like 24 hours. Since LE didn't investigate the phone right away (I think they initially gave it to JL's father) wouldn't any messages and message history be long expired? So, in other words, they could tell Snapchat was used but they couldn't discern any details.

Further, it seems Snapchat also has, or had, a Snap Map feature showing location. Is there any way to tell if this was used? Does its history expire similar to messages?
You can save messages/photos sent thru chat (but you have to save them as soon as you see them and before exiting the chat — you can’t go back and see/save them). If he was chatting with someone via Snapchat, that person could have saved his messages and then shared them with LE once he/she realized their importance. It’s a possibility but I doubt it’s what happened.

The photos that were taken the night of the accident do look like they came from Snapchat, so (like you) I’d be curious to know how LE obtained them.

ETA — I just remembered the “Memories” feature. You can choose to save your snaps on their servers by changing the default settings. You can also choose to download/save the snap to your phone, so I guess that’s also a possibility.

Last edited:
If a naked person were leaving a scent that could be picked up by dogs and then entered a body of water (pond) and then came out of the water at a different spot than they entered, would they still be leaving a scent?

They would be soaking wet / dripping but I’m not sure if that would stop the scent. It seems he headed east from SFR to get to the pond if the scents are correct. Further east of the pond appear to many other small bodies of water and Plum Creek.

If he did enter the creek and became deceased, has that creek swelled during rains since the accident to an extent it would carry a body downstream, perhaps all the way to San Marcos River and possibly down that River?

Seems like the entire length of that creek and perhaps the River should be checked, maybe drone flying would be the easiest way?

To me, this seems like the only way he could have travelled far enough to be out of the search area if no one else was involved.

The bolded piece of above - is exactly how i take it. I think thats what LE is waiting on snapchat to provide after giving them a warrant, its deleted on the phone but not on their servers i'd imagine (atleast not for soem arbitraty time like 6/12 months).

I don't believe there'd be a way to tell if the Snap Map was used, it pretty much is just in real-time you look at it, you close it, thats that. Its very similar to Apples find my friends app.
News – How Snaps Are Stored And Deleted – Snap Inc.

When a snap is viewed and the timer runs out, the app notifies our servers, which in turn notify the sender that the snap has been opened. Once we’ve been notified that a snap has been opened by all of its recipients, it is deleted from our servers. If a snap is still unopened after 30 days, it too is deleted from our servers.

USGS Current Conditions for USGS 08173000 Plum Ck nr Luling, TX

Link to USGS Plum Creek gage near Luling that shows flow in cubic feet per second (CFS) and gage height in feet.

I filtered it for the month of December. Around New Years it spiked to around 100 CFS.

ETA: with a gage height of around 5 ft in December and flood stage at 23 ft, this creek really hasn’t flowed with much force since the accident. Could be he got entangled in debris under water and will surface at the first major increase in flow.

The newer mitigation wetland where the creek crosses 183 has a series of weirs that should be watched after the next big rain.

Last edited:
The press release says they will test the weed to see if it was possibly laced. Even if that weed is clean, it is possible he took something else that was hallucinogenic prior to beginning his drive, or while driving, and it began to kick in.

The last phone use being with Snapchat is intriguing. (Shades of Abby and Libby, ugh.).

Could he have received a message that caused him to detour, either to pick up a person, or a substance? I know people sometime use FB as a cheap jitney service around here. And Snapchat has some drug ads, apparently. Drug dealers find potential young customers on Snapchat, social media

jmo
Just catching up in here and I read up on the news article and you are reading my mind with my thoughts LOL
I was going to post same thing you did--on all of it.

I wanted to add also, that I have thought of him severely injured and succumbing to the elements and injuries however, I had a different feeling when reading about how his clothes were scattered, like someone went through his backpack/bag and it was not him.
Yet, it is noted that these are clothes he was wearing.
I also wondered about the weed being laced with something to cause accident, paranoia, etc.
UGH--where are you Jason ??????

Last edited:
At this point, I don't know what to think. I feel he would have been found by now if it was truly an accident and he wandered off, but where is his body then? If this was some master minded plan, which I highly doubt, why put his family through all this worry (though we've seen people just up and walk off before)? If not a plan, not an accident... Road rage? Again, where is his body? I'm about to resort to aliens abducting him! MOO and frustration that his family continues to suffer not knowing.

ETC grammar

At this point, I don't know what to think. I feel he would have been found by now if it was truly an accident and he wandered off, but where is his body then? If this was some master minded plan, which I highly doubt, why put his family through all this worry (though we've seen people just up and walk off before)? If not a plan, not an accident... Road rage? Again, where is his body? I'm about to resort to aliens abducting him! MOO and frustration that his family continues to suffer not knowing.

ETC grammar

I've followed two similar cases in the last 90 days (i.e., victim walked away from crashed vehicle and missing) and both were located in/near water. Most recently was 22 yr old Nathan Heathco, Liberty County Texas -- located not far from where crews had searched for him. Cause of death - drowned. It's believed that once the river recessed, his body became visible along the bank (he was found by a fisherman).

Last edited:
Different type of case, but it took five days for searchers to locate Maddox Ritch in Gastonia, and he was only a little over a mile from where he ran off. Found in a creek.

I haven’t looked as closely at the map area as others here yet, so I may be way off. But I dropped a Google pin near where the movement map seems to have his final car location. 29.7553770,-97.6028210
The area around Salt Flat Road appears to stretch into wooded areas and I see several small bodies of water nearby.

Sadly, if he was on foot after the crash, then he’s probably in the area and deceased.

jmo

Just catching up in here and I read up on the news article and you are reading my mind with my thoughts LOL
I was going to post same thing you did--on all of it.

I wanted to add also, that I have thought of him severely injured and succumbing to the elements and injuries however, I had a different feeling when reading about how his clothes were scattered, like someone went through his backpack/bag and it was not him.
Yet, it is noted that these are clothes he was wearing.
I also wondered about the weed being laced with something to cause accident, paranoia, etc.
UGH--where are you Jason ??????

I don't believe that JL was seriously injured in the spin-out, vehicle crash. I think it more likely that JL had an unexpected reaction to a synthetic narcotic, causing the car accident, and he later asphyxiated, causing his death.

Many victims believed to have OD'd are actually shown not to have taken fatal doses of narcotics, but ended up choking in their sleep on their vomit -- causing their death.

Occam's Razor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member