TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s been discussed. I’m of the opinion that he continued straight through the intersection and didn’t turn left or right. I believe LE made a statement stating something similar, but I can’t be certain of where I saw that.

Someone who’s been actively discussing this case can probably point us in the right direction. If I’m remembering correctly.
That is what I understood as well.

He came into town on San Marcos Highway (80), which turns into E Austin St.

He stayed on E Austin St. and went straight through/across the intersection at N Magnolia Ave (this is where he should have turned right).

Three blocks later as you cross Myrtle Ave and veer slightly to the left, E Austin becomes Spruce Ave.

Spruce Ave then turns into Salt Flat Road.

Jmo

LOL I was thinking the same thing. Drunk sleepwalking is very common and you do some really weird things! I don’t know if this occurs with smoking weed, but it’s a thought. If he were high, wrecked and fell asleep while waiting for help maybe he could have undressed and slept walked away. But where the heck would he be? He could have walked into water? Or woke up and was embarrassed to be naked and hid and then became hypothermic?
I keep going back to the possibility of wild hogs finding him. If he died from injury or hypothermia, they wouldn't hesitate to do what wild hogs do.

I may be continuing down a rabbit hole that I stumbled across several weeks ago - so sleuthers beware. All of the following is just my opinion.

I just can't get past the nearness of JL's crash site to the location of the fatal shootings that occurred back on June 9, 2020: that of 18 year old Southeast Caldwell County Volunteer Fire Department member Klayton Manning and his best friend and cousin, 16 year old Landin Dawson Robinson.. I measured the distance using google earth, and I think it came out to be about 3.5 miles (as the crow flies).

Apparently the two young men were driving a department vehicle (a Polaris side-by-side ATV) in the 4400 block of Tenny Creek Road (a very remote area south of Tilmon and northeast of Luling) when they encountered the shooter.

In an article updated on June 14, 2020, Kens5 reported that an Austin Man, "Bryan Haynes was arrested in the murders of Klayton Manning and his cousin after claiming he was being chased by 'aliens' dressed as firefighters". The article goes on to say that Manning had been checking some smoke in the rural area. <modsnip>

Again, this was at a location that was just 3.5 miles from the site of JL's crash.

I speculate that one possible reason a halllucinating, psychotic man from Austin, TX was out in this extremeky remote and rural wasteland northeast of Lulling, TX - while thinking he was being chased by 'aliens' dressed as Firefighters (and where there also may have been smoke) - was the presence of one or more meth labs.

I am not suggesting that the suspect in the unbelievably tragic killings of the two teens (who were both very well liked, had grown up in Luling, and attended Luling HS) had anything to do with JL's disappearance. But I am suggesting that if there is one or more meth labs located within a few miles of where JL's vehicle was found, JL might have come across some very very dangerous, violent, and/or intoxicated individual(s) that night.

CCSO and the Texas Rangers are investigating the killings of Manning and Robinson. Perhaps their investigation will shed some light on what might have happened to JL - both before, and after, the crash on SFR. Praying that JL is found soon.

All jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
Well we really don’t know how long it took him to get from the intersection to the crash site 5 miles away. 67 minutes later is just when the first responder found him, but he could have crashed right after the oil worker passed by at 11:3o. I personally think this is probably the case but we just don’t know for sure.
Did any of the first persons on the scene think to put their hand on the engine block to see if it was hot or warm or cold to the touch? If it was so cold that he succumbed to hypothermia as speculated then the temperature of the engine block would certainly narrow the timeline.

So were the things police found and the ones his father found the same 900 feet away? It is a confusing report.
NO.
police picked up his backpack on the night of the crash.
His clothes were strewn out several feet ahead.
His father discovered his clothes a few hours later.
Photos are in the latest press release fro Caldwell County.
The best catch up to watch is the long u-tube interview with his dad.

NO.
police picked up his backpack on the night of the crash.
His clothes were strewn out several feet ahead.
His father discovered his clothes a few hours later.
Photos are in the latest press release fro Caldwell County.
The best catch up to watch is the long u-tube interview with his dad.

Was your impression that Jason removed his clothing as he walked along, meaning he peeled off the t-shirt and wrist watch, then shorts, underwear, shoes dropping each item as he moved along? I didn't understand how far apart each item was. I believe the watch was beneath the t-shirt? (My memory may be incorrect on the watch location).

Was your impression that Jason removed his clothing as he walked along, meaning he peeled off the t-shirt and wrist watch, then shorts, underwear, shoes dropping each item as he moved along? I didn't understand how far apart each item was. I believe the watch was beneath the t-shirt? (My memory may be incorrect on the watch location).
Yes, that is how his dad described it in the long video.. he dropped them one by one...

I’m toying with the idea of a secondary hit and run. JL wrecks, exits car, is walking along road, gets hit by a car. Where it becomes far-fetched for me - why bother to move his body? Someone in that situation would be more likely to panic and drive off. Rather than leave themselves with two problems - their damaged vehicle and a body to hide.

I just can't get past the nearness of JL's crash site to the location of the fatal shootings that occurred back on June 9, 2020: that of 18 year old Southeast Caldwell County Volunteer Fire Department member Klayton Manning and his best friend and cousin, 16 year old Landin Dawson Robinson.. I measured the distance using google earth, and I think it came out to be about 3.5 miles (as the crow flies).
RSBM
The fire fighter returning from a call that discovered JL's accident was undoubtedly from the same fire department. I don't see anything sinister in that connection, just two tragedies to have to deal with in a short time.

Isn't Texas EquuSearch highly successful at finding missing persons? How likely do you think it is that they wouldn't find Jason with all of their radar, sonar, and other equipment? I keep thinking he had to be picked up by someone.

The fire fighter returning from a call that discovered JL's accident was undoubtedly from the same fire department. I don't see anything sinister in that connection, just two tragedies to have to deal with in a short time.
WE discussed the first one upthread, it was a sad case of a family shooting caused by mental illness as far as I recall.
There is nothing to connect both cases.

I’m toying with the idea of a secondary hit and run. JL wrecks, exits car, is walking along road, gets hit by a car. Where it becomes far-fetched for me - why bother to move his body? Someone in that situation would be more likely to panic and drive off. Rather than leave themselves with two problems - their damaged vehicle and a body to hide.
It's almost impossible to hit a person with a car and not leave evidence (blood, parts of their car, skid marks, etc.). I think it's highly unlikely.

I’ve thought all along it’s just so weird how they picked up and took the backpack, but left the clothes in the road.

Could they have thought he might come back for his clothes so they left them right where they were dropped? I mean they were assuming there was a maybe intoxicated guy out there with no clothes on whatsoever, temps in the 30’s. I bet they left them purposely for that reason.

Weren’t the clothes 900 feet away from the wrecked car, as opposed to the backpack, which was close? Or did I hear that wrong?

Was a lighter found in his backpack or car?
Not that I’ve seen. Are cigarette lighters still a thing in cars? I still have one in mine, but I drive an old vehicle.

I should let the OP respond but my take of the question wasn't "Is there a car cigarette lighter (part of a car) in the car"... but is there a disposable (ore refillable) lighter, that could be left behind or taken with, in the car. At least that's my take.

Did any of the first persons on the scene think to put their hand on the engine block to see if it was hot or warm or cold to the touch? If it was so cold that he succumbed to hypothermia as speculated then the temperature of the engine block would certainly narrow the timeline.

No idea, I don't recall it being mentioned buy know which way I'm leaning (doubt it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momtastic