TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always been a supporter of LE but they're not infallible or above accountability. The attitude that they shouldn't be questioned when it appears due diligence was lacking isn't acceptable to me. And the discrepancies in the reporting takes away from their credibility. Did they enter the vehicle or not enter the vehicle?
Do we have enough information to know if the outcome would've been different based on their actions?
Something has happened to Jason. We know 2 people drove by the crash location that night, the oil worker and the VFF. MOO

I've always been a supporter of LE but they're not infallible or above accountability. The attitude that they shouldn't be questioned when it appears due diligence was lacking isn't acceptable to me. And the discrepancies in the reporting takes away from their credibility. Did they enter the vehicle or not enter the vehicle?
Do we have enough information to know if the outcome would've been different based on their actions?
Something has happened to Jason. We know 2 people drove by the crash location that night, the oil worker and the VFF. MOO
It's unacceptable to me also.
Like I feel I must say again, Jason is the victim here, not LE.

I haven't heard or read anything disparaging about law enforcement from Jason's parents, nor anything from them criticizing law enforcement's handling of the accident scene or the investigation

I haven't heard or read anything disparaging about law enforcement from Jason's parents, nor anything from them criticizing law enforcement's handling of the accident scene or the investigation

not disparaging, but KL voiced some mild criticism on the Loudan interview. He said that he wished that they done more diligence, such as securing the scene, even some yellow tape. Said that it was his lawyer thinking that some things are lost forever if the right procedures aren't followed.

not disparaging, but KL voiced some mild criticism on the Loudan interview. He said that he wished that they done more diligence, such as securing the scene, even some yellow tape. Said that it was his lawyer thinking that some things are lost forever if the right procedures aren't followed.

Ok I'm glad you told me that
You are right

Exactly, and, let's not forget, he is a pastor. He is not going to likely disparage anyone without great cause. So I wouldn't expect him to say a word EVEN IF he truly felt it right now. And any smart attorney knows that he needs everyone working to find his kid.

Last edited:
Why are they not giving an update as they said they would....They meaning CCSO? This is baffling me. From the article below:

"They're just doing everything diligently to keep the search going and using every effort to find Jason," said a CCSO spokesperson on Thursday. "At the moment we cannot discuss any further information at this time. An update will be released upon the completion of the scheduled search activities."

3-day search for Texas State student missing since December underway

The search efforts are over. No updates from CCSO, TEXSAR, the family, or anyone. What in the world does this mean? Are there ANY reporters locally following this case? Anyone in the community getting concerned or wanting more information? GO ASK FOR IT!

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>I think 100% anyone picking him up would've said,, "hey Jason turn your lights off, get your keys and lock the car doors. And oh yeah get your backpack laying in the road and put your clothes back on bro." MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are they not giving an update as they said they would....They meaning CCSO? This is baffling me. From the article below:

"They're just doing everything diligently to keep the search going and using every effort to find Jason," said a CCSO spokesperson on Thursday. "At the moment we cannot discuss any further information at this time. An update will be released upon the completion of the scheduled search activities."

The search efforts are over. No updates from CCSO, TEXSAR, the family, or anyone. What in the world does this mean? Are there ANY reporters locally following this case? Anyone in the community getting concerned or wanting more information? GO ASK FOR IT!
I agree! Where is the update? I’m going to start contacting San Antonio and Austin reporters to look into this case more. The more people who do it, the better chance a reporter out there will pick up the story.

I wasn't expecting one unless they had found him.
I always thought that is what they were referring to... unless a new search will be planned?

The Luling police did search along Salt Flat Rd that night for the driver but the police can't just wander onto private property without permission or a search warrant. Besides, would such a small police department have enough resources to safely search over dark terrain in the middle of night? I doubt it.

I'm sure the Luling police did think the crash and the discarded clothing were strange but it's not their fault that Jason wasn't found by his car or walking along the road that night. Casting shade on the Luling police now seems unhelpful, IMO.

I hope further cell phone forensics will shed more light. Jason is out there somewhere and I hope they find him soon.

Luling Police Department | Luling, TX - Official Website

Curious...is that area of Salt Flat Rd. even within the jurisdiction of LPD? Seems more like county/sheriff jurisdiction, to me.

There is nothing to suggest Jason was an addict, absolutely zero.

I somewhat agree but somewhat disagree due to limited knowledge.

Something was going on with him though IMOO.
He was attending his 3rd different college in as many years.

I understand online classes, COVID-19 distancing etc as reasons why some people have a change in appearance. Majority of us gained weight moo. Also didn't JL have a job that required a clean appearance.

MOO the smiling, happy, bright eyed guy in the initial missing posters is not the same person he was then. The sad, exhausted, underweight images of his last time seen images that we now have when compared to side by side previous pics are imo so vastly different I don't think I would have recognized him.

Everyone is addicted to something that takes away the pain. Drinking too much water is fatal. There are more addictions than some consider.

Gambling, exercise, gaming, *advertiser censored*, caffeine, drugs, food I have a family member who actually became addicted to 12 step meetings if you can imagine.

What is your opinion on what KL said in his first interview to Jason if he could hear him about ' your mother and I forgive you '?

Curious...is that area of Salt Flat Rd. even within the jurisdiction of LPD? Seems more like county/sheriff jurisdiction, to me.
I don't know and I don't even know if anybody looked at it.
I know it took the trooper an hour to get there, I thought that was strange at the time because the town is not very far away.
It's a very confusing system, hard to figure out jurisdiction or even which protocols apply to each or either.
More than that, it is utterly devastating.
I cannot find a human explanation for it and my mind is now drifting towards spiritual explanations. Is there something about that specific geographical location that 'pulled' him there? Some energies, perhaps?
Crazy talk and no catharsis there either.
I just have a huge sense of coldness from the place that I cannot understand.. a feeling of wanting to get away from there. I don't like it at all. (I'm not referring to the murders that occurred there, they are unconnected)

I understand online classes, COVID-19 distancing etc as reasons why some people have a change in appearance. Majority of us gained weight moo. Also didn't JL have a job that required a clean appearance.

MOO the smiling, happy, bright eyed guy in the initial missing posters is not the same person he was then. The sad, exhausted, underweight images of his last time seen images that we now have when compared to side by side previous pics are imo so vastly different I don't think I would have recognized him.

Everyone is addicted to something that takes away the pain. Drinking too much water is fatal. There are more addictions than some consider.

Gambling, exercise, gaming, *advertiser censored*, caffeine, drugs, food I have a family member who actually became addicted to 12 step meetings if you can imagine.

What is your opinion on what KL said in his first interview to Jason if he could hear him about ' your mother and I forgive you '?
It was very early after his disappearance.
I took it to mean they hoped he was laying low because he wrecked his Dad's car. That is what everybody was hoping at that stage.

I agree with you. And I do think unfortunately the majority of kids his age are greatly struggling with the challenges that COVID brings. I can't imagine being in his first semester and wanting to meet new people (likely) and then having all classes online. Or maybe he knew that going in, I don't know. I just know there are challenges and stats show it for his age. His appearance had changed.

I will also say, I wholeheartedly agree with you that the statement by Kent was huge in my opinion. I know I stated it back then. It was eye-opening for me. I think I may have been one of the first to draw at deeper problems with Jason. I suspected drugs might be involved early on. I know I brought up Venmo and discussed several things around that. Ultimately, we couldn't discuss those things but for me hearing the "tell them you love them, forgive them" or something similar, as I am paraphrasing from memory, was oh so heartfelt, so emotional, so filled with real pain, and real hurt, and straight from a true pastors heart. If ever there is anything indicative of someone called to be a pastor it is someone finding a way to think of others and teach them through their own personal pain and hell. I see that as what he was doing at that moment. And yes, I see it as indicative of prior problems, prior pain, and many, "I wish I had's" at that very moment.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>I think 100% anyone picking him up would've said,, "hey Jason turn your lights off, get your keys and lock the car doors. And oh yeah get your backpack laying in the road and put your clothes back on bro." MOO
I think that too....unless the other person was quite cuckoo and angry at the religious right and wanted to stage the scene...

Honestly, I have come back to just a tad could this have been staged? What I would need to know in order to think that is the following.

Why? Why would he want to disappear? What would he want to run from and run to? or who?
Was he failing? That could be a motive if he was and he knew he couldn't go back.
But who would help him? Who does he know that has enough money to help him do this and no morals at the same time?
Was he being manipulated?
Was there a significant other in his life that he wanted to be with? Maybe parents would never approve of.

I do think that because of Jason's gaming background coming up with a way to wreck a car might not be too far-fetched an idea for him.

BUT....

What we don't ever talk about here is what if he was going home, but with a stop on the way? And maybe that stop on the way was to meet briefly someone he had never met in person before. But, what if that person had lured "catfished" him all along. What if this person filled those 67 minutes and staged the scene and wrecked the car?

There are just too many options in this case, not enough answers and too many mistakes.

I think he may have a weed addiction but don't see him going to rehab. His grades could've been an issue and his parents were probably clear about their disappointment, especially if they were paying for his college education. I think KL spoke of forgiveness basically because he's a pastor.
I think JL was on his way home with a possible stop somewhere on the way. It's odd that he would be arriving in the middle of the night where ever he was going.
I think he could've been lost or was being chased. Someone either picked him up or assaulted him and disposed of him. Who could that be? Who drove down that road? All MOO

I don't know and I don't even know if anybody looked at it.
I know it took the trooper an hour to get there, I thought that was strange at the time because the town is not very far away.
It's a very confusing system, hard to figure out jurisdiction or even which protocols apply to each or either.
More than that, it is utterly devastating.
I cannot find a human explanation for it and my mind is now drifting towards spiritual explanations. Is there something about that specific geographical location that 'pulled' him there? Some energies, perhaps?
Crazy talk and no catharsis there either.
I just have a huge sense of coldness from the place that I cannot understand.. a feeling of wanting to get away from there. I don't like it at all. (I'm not referring to the murders that occurred there, they are unconnected)
I agree. Creepy Road. Shudder at the thought of driving on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx