TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a great perspective @SimplyCass ! I can tell you’re familiar with Discord, for sure. You said it better than I could... it’s specific.

That being said, I’m glad you could found people within JL’s circle @JimWest . You’ve already got a leg up on most of us! We’re here to help if needed. :)

So I got a little creative going down the gamer rabbit hole…Through social media and a few other sources, I found out Jason’s game of choice was Super Smash Bros Ultimate. I then went to reddit and started searching for sub-reddits related to that game and found a couple. I then used google advanced search terms (san marcos site:https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/ before:2020-12-14) to search for various search terms and finally got a hit on San Marcos. This led me to the San Marcos Facebook group for Smash Bros (Facebook Groups) which allowed me in once I answered the challenge question of who my main is (Marth per a quick google search lol). This then led me to a listing for the San Marcos Smash Ultimate Discord server (Discord - A New Way to Chat with Friends & Communities) My next move is just a brute force combing through both and trying to find anything that could identify Jason and see where that leads, but for now, my brain is mush. Thought I would share this here before I rack out in case any of you clever folks have any thoughts on how to proceed from here.

**Edit** Updated Discord server https://discord.gg/v9Zn9A4

You are killing it, Jim West! Thank you for your research.

Y'all keep us updated with your findings.

Discord can be extremely specific. He may have been into SSBU but maybe not on the San Marcos scene, since he just started school there. There is a SSBU Houston group (Missouri City being a suburb, 17 miles away).

with COVID halting most in-person tournaments and gatherings, he may not have even been connected on a regional level. There's been a lot of online tournaments. I follow a pro SSB player on Twitch who does weekly SSBU tournaments and have also joined his Discord; but there's no obvious connection since he's based out of FL. I don't even own a Switch, having mostly played offline on the 3DS version.

Even then, I doubt there would be many messages out in the open, on servers, that anyone can join, under real names for both parties.

Anything is possible, I guess. Not much has added up to me.
I recall JL's dad stating that JL was carrying his gaming computer with him (inside the backpack) and that he had plans to play with a friend near home (Missouri City) during Christmas break.

Perhaps more gaming clues on JL's fb or twitter?

https://twitter.com/jasonlandry_

Last edited:
So I got a little creative going down the gamer rabbit hole…Through social media and a few other sources, I found out Jason’s game of choice was Super Smash Bros Ultimate. I then went to reddit and started searching for sub-reddits related to that game and found a couple. I then used google advanced search terms (san marcos site:https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/ before:2020-12-14) to search for various search terms and finally got a hit on San Marcos. This led me to the San Marcos Facebook group for Smash Bros (Facebook Groups) which allowed me in once I answered the challenge question of who my main is (Marth per a quick google search lol). This then led me to a listing for the San Marcos Smash Ultimate Discord server (Discord - A New Way to Chat with Friends & Communities) My next move is just a brute force combing through both and trying to find anything that could identify Jason and see where that leads, but for now, my brain is mush. Thought I would share this here before I rack out in case any of you clever folks have any thoughts on how to proceed from here.

**Edit** Updated Discord server https://discord.gg/v9Zn9A4

How many posts are there to sort through in the discord server? If too many to do brute force, lmk and I'll look into scraping data from it and maybe I could post a public google sheets of posts in it if relevant?

@MadMcGoo thanks for the perspective and thanks for being Johnny on the spot. I've connected up with a few folks who know some kids in his circle so I guess I'll reach out to them tomorrow to see if they have any more details that may help.
Sometimes I feel like I notice things that identify who or what league a player might be with and sometimes that is symbol is used on their twitter too. In this case I have noticed rockets (for rocket league possibly) and "4's" for another league I believe. Good luck Jim!

That’s a great perspective @SimplyCass ! I can tell you’re familiar with Discord, for sure. You said it better than I could... it’s specific.

That being said, I’m glad you could found people within JL’s circle @JimWest . You’ve already got a leg up on most of us! We’re here to help if needed. :)
You all are speaking a foreign language as far as I'm concerned --LOL

Thank goodness for all of you Tech savvy members here -- that is what makes WS so great--all the combined talents and experience in one place.

Thank you @MadMcGoo @JimWest and @data_nerd_2005 for sharing your knowledge and looking into different avenues to help find Jason.

Rock on !!!!

There is a dark side of discord.

I got in to an argument over politics in a discord related to one of my hobbies. Later that day I got multiple calls from burner accounts I didn't know. If you answer one of those calls there is a vulnerability that allows the tech savvy to pull your IP, address and personal information.

To be fair, I doubt the gamer buddies are involved. It just doesn't fit. Why draw out Jason to such a remote area? Gaming beef gone too far is on the bottom of my list.

I'm going to out myself here. I dabbled in psychedelics ocasionally in college. Despite being absolutely fried I managed to call my best friend a few times from the safety of the dorms to ask him if Drake and Josh were real people and if they could party with us. He recorded the calls so we can laugh at them later on! Why the phone remained in the vehicle still has my head spinning.

Here are my 4 theories from most likely to least likely

1. Difficult psychedelic experience on the road gone wrong. Jason in control for the entire drive. Perished seeking help.

2. Encountered a random agressor on the road and forced out of his vehicle. Jason is not in control at the time of the accident, lost control during the drive. Perished at the hands of the aggressor during the trip.

3. Jason himself staged the accident and wanted to free himself of his current lifestyle as a student. Jason is alive and well, potentially with a cult or a subculture heavily involved in narcotics.

4. Jason encountered foul play near his university housing. Jason was never in control at any point in the drive, the drive and accident was staged.

There is a dark side of discord.

I got in to an argument over politics in a discord related to one of my hobbies. Later that day I got multiple calls from burner accounts I didn't know. If you answer one of those calls there is a vulnerability that allows the tech savvy to pull your IP, address and personal information.

To be fair, I doubt the gamer buddies are involved. It just doesn't fit. Why draw out Jason to such a remote area? Gaming beef gone too far is on the bottom of my list.

I'm going to out myself here. I dabbled in psychedelics ocasionally in college. Despite being absolutely fried I managed to call my best friend a few times from the safety of the dorms to ask him if Drake and Josh were real people and if they could party with us. He recorded the calls so we can laugh at them later on! Why the phone remained in the vehicle still has my head spinning.

Here are my 4 theories from most likely to least likely

1. Difficult psychedelic experience on the road gone wrong. Jason in control for the entire drive. Perished seeking help.

2. Encountered a random agressor on the road and forced out of his vehicle. Jason is not in control at the time of the accident, lost control during the drive. Perished at the hands of the aggressor during the trip.

3. Jason himself staged the accident and wanted to free himself of his current lifestyle as a student. Jason is alive and well, potentially with a cult or a subculture heavily involved in narcotics.

4. Jason encountered foul play near his university housing. Jason was never in control at any point in the drive, the drive and accident was staged.
Your number 4 is one that I have had questions about for a while. I would think there would have to be cameras that he is on in order for LE to so clearly state that he left at 10:55 pm. It is one of the factors that is frustrating to me. Why not release the footage? They have to have some somewhere?

Also curious about your number 3 option. What type of subculture would that be heavily involved in narcotics?

Your number 4 is one that I have had questions about for a while. I would think there would have to be cameras that he is on in order for LE to so clearly state that he left at 10:55 pm. It is one of the factors that is frustrating to me. Why not release the footage? They have to have some somewhere?

IMO the video of him leaving his apartment complex exist, but wasn’t released because it’s useless. Theorizing here that it shows Jason leaving alone, in the outfit found in the road. I believe this is the case because of A) the outfit he had on in snapchats /FaceTime sent shortly before he left matched the outfit found in the road and B) police have not changed their theory to even open a possibility of foul play.

So... releasing video of Jason leaving alone in those clothes would be useless because it’s already been stated he’s alone, pictures of his face are likely more clear in released photos than security footage, and people are no longer looking for a man wearing those clothes. They’re looking for a man who is either naked or in literally any other outfit imaginable. I think if he’d been shown leaving with someone, foul play would be a listed option and they wouldn’t keep saying he was alone.

@JimWest this is pretty difficult. I’m in the discord server and see no obvious links to JL. There are only about 100 members... which isn’t a lot when it comes to servers. I wish I knew more about Smash Bros, but I don’t.

To put things into perspective, I play Sea Of Thieves mostly, so I know that. There is a main SOT Discord server which hosts most players...there are smaller servers that branch out from there. If one were to look for my online presence, they’d start from the main SOT server and then go from there. Only 2 people know me from outside the main server.

ETA: and those two people have NO idea who I really am... not even my real name.
which members have ben inactive since Jason disappeared? Can that be checked ?
Active up to that date but not beyond?

which members have ben inactive since Jason disappeared? Can that be checked ?
Active up to that date but not beyond?
That’s what I started doing in my downtime. I’m having to go through each person individually and see when the last time was they posted, if ever. I’m having to do this on my mobile app though (PC is boxed up ready for a move), so it’s tedious. There might be a simpler way to do, which I’m sure I’ll figure out by the time I’m through :p. I haven’t found anything as of yet.

Some people, like myself, may never have publicly interacted with anyone the entire time they’ve been in the server.

ETA: also, waiting until about this time (10:30 pm for me) makes it a little easier because the most people are “online”, which narrows it down. About 30 of the 88 (I estimated 100 previously) are online.

That’s what I started doing in my downtime. I’m having to go through each person individually and see when the last time was they posted, if ever. I’m having to do this on my mobile app though (PC is boxed up ready for a move), so it’s tedious. There might be a simpler way to do, which I’m sure I’ll figure out by the time I’m through :p. I haven’t found anything as of yet.

Some people, like myself, may never have publicly interacted with anyone the entire time they’ve been in the server.
Thanks for trying.. I can't think of another way to guess at his identity..
Anybody?

They may have decided that is when he left because it's when the phone started moving (pinging different towers) rather than camera footage.

Thanks for trying.. I can't think of another way to guess at his identity..
Anybody?
Other user names is my only idea.

My other hope was to find who he was from the discussion area on smash gg by backing in through his known friends.

Twitter tells us his favorite smash character was crackhead croc.

I’ve also seen Jason referred to as Mr. Mario. Maybe something related to that.

I do think it is possible that this is his Steam profile.
Steam Community :: Jtrain239

Other user names is my only idea.

My other hope was to find who he was from the discussion area on smash gg by backing in through his known friends.

Twitter tells us his favorite smash character was crackhead croc.

I’ve also seen Jason referred to as Mr. Mario. Maybe something related to that.

I do think it is possible that this is his Steam profile.
Steam Community :: Jtrain239
I think it could be him too.. but drew blanks.
This is such a wall..
If he had died, shouldn't he have been found by now?
I know a percentage are not found by searchers but they're there.
I do not instinctively feel Jason belongs in this percentage.
Unless, he is submerged in one of the larger ponds in @JimWest's videos?
And if that was the case I'd imagine the original SAR dogs would have tracked him to that location.

Where is he, where is he, where is he?

What bothers me is that after five or six minutes, no matter where Jason was, he did not turn around and return for his clothing and apparel.

Conversely, my daughter said, "No one. No serious gamer ever leaves their games in the road and then walks away."

If he sought shelter in the first abandoned home nearby, why not stay inside until daybreak?

I fear something bad happened. We need light to shine on Jason so he can be located.

I wish one of Jason's friends would join us here at WS.

In a normal state of mind, it’s hard to believe he left his fish, clothes, gaming gear, phone, car. In its totality, it’s impossible to believe.
For me too
Short of a head injury which can cause a sudden escalation in temperature, this makes no sense.
First he dropped his ballcap and backpack, then his clothes, in stages, presumably while walking or running along the road. Then he laid his wristwatch out with the straps flat and stretched on either direction, not quite the likely placement had he just dropped it. More like one would leave thins had one being planning on a midnight swim.
I never subscribed to a possible drug induced or organic psychosis/delusion/ hallucination or any of it.

He spoke with a friend, packed his vehicle for his trip home and set off..

that is all.

Where did the small amount of marijuana come from that Jason was carrying in his backpack? When was it acquired?

Was Jason going to score a few joints from a buddy in Luling before turning onto I-10 heading toward Houston?

Jason was a brief half hour's drive from his (campus) apartment when this critical watershed moment occurred.

If the weed he's carrying is laced, or contaminated, with drugs LE should make a public announcement and release those findings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties