TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New team aiding Caldwell County deputies in search for Texas State University student

A new search is underway for Texas State University student Jason Landry after he disappeared in December of 2020.

A search team is currently in Caldwell County after they were called in to assist the sheriff’s office, according to a report from KSAT’s sister station KPRC.

It doesn’t say who the new search team is, but any searching is good! May today be the day.

By the photos its Texas Search & Rescue but that may be the only photos they had this morning.

I wonder if any of this is related to the work that Peña has been doing on the case? Maybe a new lead? I remember reading something about he had a list of around 10 people he wanted to speak with. I pray he will be found and this family can have closure.

Indeed. I wonder if it’s because there’s nothing new at all—just searching again and that’s really it. Or there’s a specific reason for the new search but they’re being tight lipped about it?

Just a note—we have some nasty wildfires in the area today and the air is THICK with smoke. I doubt it would impact the search, but I’m not sure. Ugh.
You know, it really makes me wonder if there really is a new search today since that article is so darn vague, AND because Kent didn't mention it.

Sorry to hear about your wildfires. :( And if there was a "new" search, you'd think they'd pick a day when "helicopters" would have better visibility. I'm putting my money on it being a 'news' fake story. Something just feels off about it.

You know, it really makes me wonder if there really is a new search today since that article is so darn vague, AND because Kent didn't mention it.

Sorry to hear about your wildfires. :( And if there was a "new" search, you'd think they'd pick a day when "helicopters" would have better visibility. I'm putting my money on it being a 'news' fake story. Something just feels off about it.
The news of a new search for Jason is headlines right now on my channel 2 news app- Houston, Texas.

Here’s the meat and potatoes of the article:

Luling – KPRC 2 Investigates has learned about a search connected to the more than yearlong disappearance for Texas State student Jason Landry. Landry is from the Houston area.

A search team is currently in Caldwell County, just northeast of the location where Landry’s car was found abandoned. They were called in to assist the Sheriff’s office in the case.

Do you have a MSM link to a search happening today @2anthro ? I'm not finding anything doing a quick search. And I do mean a quick search. lol :p

I would think that would be on Jason's "Missing" FB page run by Kent and it's not there either.

Missing Person - Jason Landry

ETA - Found it. Although it doesn't say much about it other than the headline. The date is indeed today, 3/22/22. I wonder why Kent's FB page doesn't mention it? No mention of a helicopter either. Hmmmm....

New search underway for Texas State student Jason Landry who vanished in December 2020
Published: March 26, 2022, 11:20 AM
Updated: March 26, 2022, 12:48 PM

New search underway for Texas State student Jason Landry who vanished in December 2020

Some of the people who assisted with Lina's search here in San Antonio have gone up to Luling to search for Jason. They're volunteers.
It could be that kind of search ~ A search that needs to be done, but doesn't have solid leads or clues. I know they needed tanks drained and stuff like that.

They have ground work that they need to do. Alot of those tanks need to be drained. I heard they were planning to do this in spring.

They have ground work that they need to do. Alot of those tanks need to be drained. I heard they were planning to do this in spring.
I recall that many of the tanks have already been drained but that by spring 2022, all tanks in the area will have been drained per the maintenance/regulation schedules. MOO

Ok so I read where they’re searching northeast of where Jason’s car was found. Am I correct that Jason’s clothing was found south of the crash site, heading back in the direction of luling?
OK, that gets me to thinking... why search an area North of where his car ever was. Plus his clothes were south of the crash site so he never got North of it (since he drove in from the South). So, WHY North? And why now, after all this time when numerous searches have already been done? I can't imagine them doing one more search without something credible coming to light that they wanted to act on to either rule out, or finally find Jason. Something just feels very odd about this IMHO.

OK, that gets me to thinking... why search an area North of where his car ever was. Plus his clothes were south of the crash site so he never got North of it (since he drove in from the South). So, WHY North? And why now, after all this time when numerous searches have already been done? I can't imagine them doing one more search without something credible coming to light that they wanted to act on to either rule out, or finally find Jason. Something just feels very odd about this IMHO.

while it's true that all evidence was found south of the crash site, by this point, the case is so strange that I'm for any kind of search. He could be anywhere. Once he hit that part of the road 900 ft south, nothing is certain.

maybe it's time to do something the complete opposite of all assumptions and search areas we never thought to consider.

I do hope they have good reason to search that area and that it leads to something.

i do want to make it clear this is JMO and not criticism or scorn personally directed towards anyone.

while it's true that all evidence was found south of the crash site, by this point, the case is so strange that I'm for any kind of search. He could be anywhere. Once he hit that part of the road 900 ft south, nothing is certain.

maybe it's time to do something the complete opposite of all assumptions and search areas we never thought to consider.

I do hope they have good reason to search that area and that it leads to something.

i do want to make it clear this is JMO and not criticism or scorn personally directed towards anyone.
Does anyone know if the area NE of the crash site was ever searched in the past? I thought it would have been but I haven't studied the search grid map like some of y'all. :)

My exact thoughts! The whole prevailing theory was that Jason experienced paradoxical undressing and stripped off his clothes as he headed south back towards luling and hence the clothing trail on the road. I keep thinking that this would have to be a credible lead for them to focus on that particular area. I do remember reading in one account that the VFF came in from the north and encountered the crash site. I just checked the family’s Facebook page and there’s nothing about a new search so maybe it’s kept quiet for a reason.

An article on one of the previous searches mentioned that some of them had been triggered by software analysis of satellite images. Maybe the algorithm identified some new spots they felt needed an in-person examination.

Does anyone know if the area NE of the crash site was ever searched in the past? I thought it would have been but I haven't studied the search grid map like some of y'all. :)
Here's the search map from CCSO's report disclosed earlier this year. If the "car" marked in the center is Jason's car, then they had searched a fair amount in all directions, including NE of the car.

Attachments

• JLMap.jpg
    JLMap.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 38
Here's the search map from CCSO's report disclosed earlier this year. If the "car" marked in the center is Jason's car, then they had searched a fair amount in all directions, including NE of the car.
Yeah, that's what I thought. Thank you for the map and clarification. :) Something must be up for them to search in that area again out of the blue. I wish we knew what they knew.

Looks like it was TEXSAR that did the search. Texas Search and Rescue resumes looking for missing Texas State University student Jason Landry

Interestingly (to me) a different search group basically said "No more without credible and sufficient info". I wonder if that's the same stance TEXSAR took?

SEARCH SUSPENDED: Jason Landry – Caldwell County, Texas (12/14/20)
As a result, Texas EquuSearch is suspending our search operations for Jason until law enforcement investigators obtain credible, and sufficient information that would lead our team into a more specific area to search.

Looks like they are bringing a lot of equipment from the photo in the article. I wonder if they always do that so this is simply the norm? I really wish we could find out why they choose NE of the crash site. Something has them focusing there.

”TEXSAR was out searching at the request of Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office,” said Capt. Jeff Ferry, with CCSO. He added, “We had this search planned for weeks, it’s part of our ongoing investigation.”

A TEXSAR representative told KPRC2 Investigates that the search was only scheduled for one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024