GUILTY TX - Jessica Cain, 17, La Marque, 17 Aug 1997 *SK William Lewis Reece*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I-45 is so extremely dangerous. If they don't find her body was this guy just trying to get some outside time?

BONES FOUND IN SEARCH FOR MISSING TEEN JESSICA CAIN
http://abc13.com/news/watch-live-bones-found-in-search-for-jessica-cain/1252495/

HOUSTON --

"There could be a big break in the search for missing teen Jessica Cain. Crews have reportedly discovered bones in a field where a search is underway.

The discovery was made today at the site on East Orem. At this point, it's not clear if the bones found are that of the missing teen or even of a human. Reporter Kaitlin McCulley is at the scene. Watch for her live reports this afternoon on Eyewitness News."

"A source in HPD's homicide division confirmed Friday that remains had been discovered at a site in southeast Houston where investigators have been searching in recent weeks, following information from*54-year-old William Lewis Reece, a felon serving a 60-year sentence for the aggravated kidnapping of a female victim in 1998."

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...iscover-human-remains-in-dig-site-6922710.php

Some family's going to receive answers pretty soon.

Prayers for Jessica's loved ones right now.

and this latest Houston news:
"HOUSTON (KTRK) --
A barn has been demolished at the site where authorities are searching for the body of missing teenager Jessica Cain."

http://abc13.com/news/barn-demolished-at-jessica-cain-body-search-site-in-southeast-houston/1230862/

Just getting back to this one after a long time -- Wow, it surely does sound as if LE is confident about it. Is he exchanging this info for no DP on this case, or a sentence reduction on another, perhaps? What's his reason for cooperating? Did he just want a day "outside" or what? Who went to whom first on this? Did he volunteer info, or did their investigation lead them to him as a solid "possible/probable" suspect?

"Police have found human remains they believe might belong to missing Texas teen Jessica Cain, who vanished in 1997.

On Friday authorities found human skeletal remains in the 'Texas Killing Fields', a spot where numerous bodies have been found, where they have searched for Jessica for nearly 20 years.

A search for the body began after officers were tipped off by a prisoner who was suspected in her disappearance but never charged.

'If it's not Jessica Cain, then we have to find out who it is.
'There's enough there to know that it's a body, so they still have to keep digging and meticulously get every bone they can,' Houston Homicide Detective Richard Martinez told KHOU.com."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-suspected-disappearance.html#ixzz43NEYyHBb

I vividly remember when Jessica disappeared...I was only about a year older than her, I graduated in 1996 and she was class of 97. I didn't know her personally but I grew up in Liberty, Texas and she had many family members that lived in our area. Some of them lived right down the road from the house I grew up in. I remember my mom put her missing flyer on our refrigerator and said that she was going to leave it up there until Jessica was found. That flyer hung there for many, many years and I would see it every time I went into the kitchen. I now live in the Texas City/LaMarque area, about 2 miles from the location on I-45 where she was last seen. I've thought about Jessica often throughout the years, her disappearance really hit home for me as we were close in age and I knew some of her relatives. Of course this isn't the ending anyone was praying for, but I am hoping these new developments will at least give her family some answers. I don't like to use the word "closure" because nothing can ever be done to completely close the wounds I'm sure her family has...but maybe it will help them to finally have some answers and be able to give Jessica a proper place to finally rest.

Ex-Detective Recalls Initial Search for Jessica Cain

Tiki Island Police Chief Sue Dietrich-Nance has been investigating William Reece for years.

"He's just a monster. Period. He's just a monster," said Sue Dietrich-Nance.

Back in 1997 after two abductions and several missing person cases, the community was on edge.

"People were just scared that there was this monster out there and that he was abducting these young woman and he was," said Dietrich-Nance.

Dietrich is the reason Reece is behind bars for the 1997 kidnapping of Sandra Sapaugh. Reece slashed Sapaugh's tires and abducted her from a Waffle House off of Nasa Parkway off of the Gulf Freeway. He forced her in his truck at knifepoint and took off down the highway. He attempted to sexually assault. Sapaugh jumped from his truck as he was going down the highway. Dietrich hypnotized Sapaugh. It helped Sapaugh remember significant details that ultimately lead to Reece's conviction.

Bones from Jessica Cain Search Site Being Tested

Westcott said the bone marrow should still be intact, that scientists are sometimes able to identify bones that are thousands of years old.

"They'll go through and look for any evidence of trauma on the skeleton that might give an indication of death," Westcott said. "They'll be looking at other unique characteristics of the skeleton that might help with the identification."

A law enforcement source close to the investigation tells Eyewitness News they plan on expediting this case. They could begin digging at another location for another body as early as this week.

I vividly remember when Jessica disappeared...I was only about a year older than her, I graduated in 1996 and she was class of 97. I didn't know her personally but I grew up in Liberty, Texas and she had many family members that lived in our area. Some of them lived right down the road from the house I grew up in. I remember my mom put her missing flyer on our refrigerator and said that she was going to leave it up there until Jessica was found. That flyer hung there for many, many years and I would see it every time I went into the kitchen. I now live in the Texas City/LaMarque area, about 2 miles from the location on I-45 where she was last seen. I've thought about Jessica often throughout the years, her disappearance really hit home for me as we were close in age and I knew some of her relatives. Of course this isn't the ending anyone was praying for, but I am hoping these new developments will at least give her family some answers. I don't like to use the word "closure" because nothing can ever be done to completely close the wounds I'm sure her family has...but maybe it will help them to finally have some answers and be able to give Jessica a proper place to finally rest.

:welcome: to Websleuths, ksterling, and thanks for your kind words and remembrance of Jessica. Your mom sounds like a sweet and sensitive person, and I'm sure she had no idea that the flyer would remain on her refrigerator for so many years -- and it's not time for it to come down yet, but perhaps soon.

Glad you're with us and I hope you will remain an active member of Websleuths.

Borndem, thank you for your kind words and warm welcome! I have been a reader of websleuths for quite awhile and finally decided to join the forum mainly so I could put a word out there for Jessica Cain. I've always been an avid reader/follower of crime cases for many reasons, one being that the psychology behind the mind of a criminal just fascinates me. Why do people do the things they do? What shapes the mind of someone that can injure or brutally murder another human being? Is it nature, nurture, or a combination of the two? Why do some people with horrible childhoods grow up to be abusers/killers, while others of the same background become normal, productive members of society? And what causes a person that has a seemingly normal, healthy childhood grow up and become a "monster"? Human behavior and the human psyche is so complex and my inquisitive nature is drawn to these cases. However, human psychology is not the only reason that I am drawn to these crimes...so many times, the focus gets placed on the perpetrator of these acts. The arrest, the trial, the sentencing, the psychology behind everything is fascinating, horrifying, and confusing all at the same time, and it is natural that we as humans want to " figure things out"...but one thing that I always do is stop and remind myself is that there is a victim that needs to be remembered. Someone with a past, a present, and a future cut short, someone's brother, sister, child, parent, cousin, or best friend...someone that lived and breathed and laughed and loved, someone who unfairly had his or her future taken away. I hope, while analyzing evidence and details and MO's, that I never forget to think of the victim and the loss, that I always remember that there is a family left here to ponder and wonder and grieve. That to me is the most important thing about following and commenting on these cases, to hopefully keep the victim and the family in the forefront, to keep the story alive in the minds of the public, and to pursue justice.

Justicewillbeserved, thanks for the links! I am anxious to find out the results of the analysis... whether it is Jessica or a different victim, whoever it is deserves a proper resting place and the families deserve to know. I can't imagine anything more horrifying (besides the actual disappearance of a loved one, of course) than to not only experience a loss but then have to wait decades for answers. The "not knowing" has to be awful. Again, thanks for the updates!

Officers announced the discovery on Friday and are now excavating the remains which they believe could belong to Jessica Cain, 17, who was last seen leaving a dinner with friends in 1997.
Investigators were led to the spot by William Reece, 56, who was questioned by police at the time of Cain's disappearance but was never charged.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-suspected-disappearance.html#ixzz43jTD9Svm
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nocturnal1
Back