TX - Jhakeel Hawkins, 4, deceased and found with severe trauma, Houston, 12 June 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dixiegirl1035

I will do it, but I won't like it
Reaction score
HPD investigating death of 4-year-old who was found with severe trauma on parts of his body

Saturday, June 12, 2021 6:10PM - Houston police are investigating the death of 4-year-old Jhakeel Hawkins from the Greenspoint area. Investigators say the boy was brought to Houston Northwest Hospital on Monday where he was pronounced dead by hospital staff at 5:25 p.m. The attending physician reported the child suffered trauma over several parts of his body.

Houston police said their investigation brought them to the Driscoll Place Apartments at 1303 Gears Road, where neighbors told ABC13 they are left in shock.

Tim Miller with Texas EquuSearch told ABC13 that his crew is on standby to search a nearby landfill for evidence. Miller said he knows a lot more than he can tell us and says it is disturbing.

"It was extremely disturbing last week on Samuel Olson, when it came in a vicious homicide on a 5-year-old," said Miller. "Now it seems on this little child, also a vicious homicide. So two children, one five years old, one four years old, one week apart. It's like what in the world is happening to our children?"

Last edited:
That is the saddest obituary I've ever seen. For such a low word count, it speaks volumes doesn't it?

I wonder who gave him the nickname of "Prince?" Were there once better days for him? Poor little boy. Makes your heart sore.

I’ve seen that a few times lately in African American children’s obituaries.

When you don't find follow up on an article, contact the reporter that did the original story ;)

Anyway, no link, but reporter responded privately that LE isn't talking or sharing anything even though they are still trying to get information from LE.

They did since that private email find and interview teacher. 2 minute Video and a second video below within the article with Tim Miller........... and article at link.

Houston preschool teacher mourns suspicious death of 4-year-old boy: 'He wasn't protected' Saturday, June 19, 2021 7:10AM

"She said the little boy, who went by "JJ," was non-verbal, but even through his virtual lessons, he made progress every day. By May, Jhakeel was reciting his colors, earning him the "Most Improved Student" award.....

Jhakeel never got to reach his potential. He died Sunday, June 6, at Houston Northwest Hospital. Houston police said his mother and her boyfriend brought the child in with injuries on several parts of his body.......

"Tim Miller with Texas EquuSearch said HPD's Homicide Unit contacted him to help search for evidence, where he learned details about the Jhakeel's injuries.. "There's nothing in the world this little 4-year-old would have done to deserve this ... and I'll probably say it like this, the torture and the pain he went through prior to his death," said Miller.

The boy's cause of death is still pending and no one has been arrested or charged.

O'Ne*l said the Jhakeel missed his pre-school graduation weeks before his death. He never received his very first award or met the teacher who got him to start talking.

ETA: Wow... if you let the second video news report "roll and continue" there is a 18:43 video on the" Andrea Yates case/20 years later", she drowned her 5 children in the bathtub, that I've never seen. Highly recommend to watch for those interested.

Last edited:
So here’s my interpretation. This poor precious baby never had a family who cared enough to help him learn to talk and/or traumatized him to the point of him becoming nonverbal.
He finally meets a teacher who sees his potential and he starts to come out of his shell. He was probably very intelligent, just too intimidated to speak in his home environment.
He finally found someone who cared and now he’s gone. Poor sweet baby boy. I’m just sickened that people can do this.
MOO!

Of course there w
That is the saddest obituary I've ever seen. For such a low word count, it speaks volumes doesn't it?

I wonder who gave him the nickname of "Prince?" Were there once better days for him? Poor little boy. Makes your heart sore.

of course there were good days for him. He was loved by all his family. That obituary is one source…. Not from family it seems. Not everything said on the internet is as it seems. The truth will eventually be known. Your compassion is admirable.

A real obituary for this poor child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back