TX TX - Joann Cisneros Perez, 30, Nixon, 30 Oct 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi everyone-
Belated warm holiday wishes to all of you! :)

I will check up on this case tomorrow for an update, and let you know. Not sure if DNA results have been completely processed, but I'll see what i can find out, okay?

warmly,
sloane

Hi Sloane,
we're all anxious to know if DNA results have been processed yet in this case?

thanks.

Does anyone know what's happening with this ID? I see Joann Perez is still listed as missing. :(

Does anyone know what's happening with this ID? I see Joann Perez is still listed as missing. :(

If the DNA was sent to UT, I know there is a backlog. Some investigators are being told processing might take 4-6 mos because of cases being shuffled and an influx of kits...praying that this case and the Bambi Dick case get processed sooner!!!

I went to highschool in Waller around the time that she was located. I hope they get a ID soon.

Just checking in on this one! Any News? Perez and JD are still listed on websites... I wonder if LE is keeping this under their hats, so to speak, in order to find her murderer, might be allowing the perp to think they're going to get away with this crime, even longer and get comfortable.
PS.. I had been searching for this match for a long time before I became a member here. It irked me that the perp was getting away with torture and murder simply because they couldn't identify her (which was the goal, by removing identifying traits) Then, I read about this on the Dreamin Demon and was amazed at the resemblance!
Here's a side by side, for all the new folks looking at this thread (Perez is in the center).

Attachments

• Copy of perez_joann.jpg
    Copy of perez_joann.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 131
Just checking in on this one! Any News? Perez and JD are still listed on websites... I wonder if LE is keeping this under their hats, so to speak, in order to find her murderer, might be allowing the perp to think they're going to get away with this crime, even longer and get comfortable.
PS.. I had been searching for this match for a long time before I became a member here. It irked me that the perp was getting away with torture and murder simply because they couldn't identify her (which was the goal, by removing identifying traits) Then, I read about this on the Dreamin Demon and was amazed at the resemblance!
Here's a side by side, for all the new folks looking at this thread (Perez is in the center).

Agreed, Madea-this is one of the ones that when you see the side by side, you know.

I do wish we could get an update on this one. I'm positive it is Joann. Her missing info said they felt she was a victim of foul play, so I hope they have a POI in mind. Makes me sick what they did to her.

bumping this because Joann was finally listed on the NAMPN site, but no confirmation yet of a match with the Waller UID? Anyone know why there has been such delay? Didn't dna comparison begin in Nov of 08?

does anyone on this thread have a contact with the UID's LE that can find out why it was taken down?

It's taking way too long. Joann is still listed as missing on Charley Project....

An unidentified female (449UFTX) located in Texas in 2007
has been identified as Joann Cisneros Perez.

The Doe Network confirmed today!

Joann Cisneros Perez
The victim was located March 18, 2007 in Prairie View, Waller County, Texas. She was identified, in May 2009, through DNA, as Joann Cisneros Perez, last seen in Nixon, Texas on October 30, 2006.
This from the Doe Network

She finally has a name :) congratulations on your hard work

Attachments

• 449UFTX.jpg
    449UFTX.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 34
I am so hoping they have a POI in this case! Thanks Pearly for the update!
Now maybe Joan will receive the justice that she so richly deserves, I'll be praying for her loved ones to receive comfort and peace!
Here's here photo:

Attachments

• perez_joann.jpg
    perez_joann.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 30
wow! this is awesome news! I was so thrilled when I read it on Doe. I really hope they note that it was solved by a Websleuths member.

good work everyone.

so can we mark this thread as a MATCH or as ID'd now?

Oh...I'm so pleased and happy (in a bittersweet way of course) that there is closure for this case. Rest in Peace Joann, and may the person (or people) who did this rot.

RIP Joanne-may there be some justice for you yet.

I thought that it was solved by Unamused Cat at DD:)

All that doesn't matter though- she has a name:woohoo:
Let's hope the perp is found and that joann's family can find closure:blowkiss:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member