TX- Jocelyn Nungaray,12 strangled, left under bridge. Houston June 17, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
12:57pm to 3:04am. Over 2 hours. I cannot imagine the horrors this poor girl faced before her death. Her being bound post-mortem feels odd since usually binding is done to prevent a living person from moving around. If one of the arrested is talking I think they’ll try to downplay the extent of the brutality of the crime and their involvement. Both were seen leaving with her and coming up without her under the bridge, so both are equally complicit IMO. Any rape charges will probably be filed after all the lab tests are completed, it’s extremely distressing to think she may have been assaulted by both men :( I don’t even want to think about that until LE discloses more details. From what I’ve read she wasn’t found submerged but in close vicinity to the creek and perhaps partially sodden. I hope the almost 4 hours her body must have laid there before discovery didn’t tamper with any evidence. Thank goodness for DNA advancements

They were together when the girl was murdered.
They are BOTH guilty.
Although I agree wholeheartedly with you, it often plays out much differently in a courtroom. It is my opinion that group crimes should all have equal punishment regardless of their role in the crime. In other words, if you aren’t helping the victim to survive, you are guilty. But, finger pointing and deflection of level of blame often lead to reduced charges. I want justice for JN’s mother. There is no justice for JN.

Family members also announced that Jocelyn's funeral will be held on June 27 at 1 p.m. at Earthman's Resthaven on I-45.
Timeline: What we know about the Texas 12-year-old girl's final hours before she was killed

jocelyn-nungaray-houston-tx-obituary.jpg

A celebration of life for Jocelyn will be held Thursday, June 27, 2024 from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM at Earthman Resthaven, 13102 North Freeway, Houston, Texas 77060. Following the celebration of life will be a committal service from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM at Earthman Resthaven Funeral Home and Cemetery, 13102 North Freeway, Houston, Texas 77060.
https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/houston-tx/jocelyn-nungaray-11869254

Good news.

Looks like Pena is talking. No wonder he is. He wore his ankle monitor during the crime. He says he tried to stop Martinez. He had two hours to do so.

I guess we will see what Martinez has to say to that tomorrow. I bet it's different.

or he says nothing.

Bond 2x amount $$ requested by prosecution
5x amount $$$$$ requested by defense.

Fitting Ocho Locos was their last real meal.

Delicious Food: but bad company and happenings.

‘We don’t want this in our community’: New Ojos Locos in East Aldine draws protesters who say it brings crime, drugs

snipped & BBM

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- A judge set bail at $10 million for one of the capital murder suspects accused of killing 12-year-old Jocelyn Nunagray, who was found in a creek in north Houston last week.

On Monday, 26-year-old Franklin Jose Pena Ramos faced a judge, who believes the man is a flight risk.

He's been placed under a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, or ICE, hold since June 20.

In fact, the Harris County District Attorney's Office said Pena still had on an ankle monitor given to him by ICE at the time of the crime.

Martinez is due in court on Tuesday.

Investigators said they believe the young girl snuck out of her home around 10 p.m. Sunday, June 16.

According to court documents, the two men asked Jocelyn for directions after encountering her on Kuykendahl Road.

Court documents read that the men then allegedly lured Jocelyn underneath a bridge, where they kept her for two hours. She was tied up, had her pants taken off, and was strangled, officials said.

A bystander found her body floating in a creek shortly before 7 a.m. on June 17.

Prosecutors say she had marks on her neck and scrapes on her body consistent with being dragged.

The state adds that Jocelyn and the men were seen on video at about 12:57 a.m. on June 17 walking down by the bayou. At 3:04 a.m., only the two men emerged.

An autopsy confirmed her cause of death was strangulation.

According to another witness, Pena confessed he and Martinez did something bad after partying and were looking for money to leave town.

Both men worked construction and allegedly asked their boss for those funds after explaining what happened, the lead prosecutor told ABC13.

We also learned in court Monday that Pena told authorities he tried to tell Martinez to stop, but then Martinez allegedly put his arm around Jocelyn's neck and covered her mouth.

After she died, Martinez allegedly tied her up
and told Pena to put her body in the water to remove any DNA. Martinez also reportedly admitted to changing his beard to avoid attention.

Judge sets $10M bail for 1 of the capital murder suspects accused of strangling 12-year-old girl

I'm not sure what statement you are referencing. OGG has said the death penalty under current charges is not on the table. They are waiting on the rape kit results. She said she hopes there is viable DNA.

I assume if she was raped that is the qualifier for the death penalty.

Her term ends this year. She lost her primary in March. You will have two new choices for DA in November.

I'm very sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine your pain or the Nungaray's.
I think the frustration maybe that the DP should already be on the table because current evidence would already support it. The kidnapping would suffice as the extra felony to warrant a DP, the DA Ogg doesn't have to wait for a SA kit results.

I think the frustration maybe that the DP should already be on the table because current evidence would already support it. The kidnapping would suffice as the extra felony to warrant a DP, the DA Ogg doesn't have to wait for a SA kit results.
exactly, if she was restrained wouldn't that unlawful restraint qualify as abduction of a minor child?

I am glad Jocelyn fought hard, biting clawing and scratching. Good for her. I wonder if press learned he was a father himself because his attorney mentioned it as a mitigator to try for lower bond? If so where is his child(ren) US or Venezuela? Not much of a father if he is running around drunk after midnight abducting,raping and strangling little girls with his buddy. JMO

I’m beyond frustrated as a native Houstonian.

Yes. I like the kidnapping angle. I was thinking about that last night.

Maybe DP is coming?

I have mixed feelings about it. They definitely deserve it.

I follow Katie cool lady on YouTube; her sister was murdered. The killers got DP but she actually wishes they didn’t because the appeals keep coming 30 something years later. She’s gone thru hell.

I hope this doesn’t turn into a Mollie Tibbits type case.

I imagine it will take years to go to trial due to all our backlogged cases?

I hope for prison justice with the worse possible scenario. Something that could take at least 2 hours.

exactly, if she was restrained wouldn't that unlawful restraint qualify as abduction of a minor child?
I am guessing that is why the perp said she was tied up AFTER being strangled. Now the DA has to prove she was restrained prior to death in order for the death penalty to stick. So they wait for test results. Eventually, the death penalty will be charged, in my opinion

I am guessing that is why the perp said she was tied up AFTER being strangled. Now the DA has to prove she was restrained prior to death in order for the death penalty to stick. So they wait for test results. Eventually, the death penalty will be charged, in my opinion
No, the DA doesn't have to show that. Jocelyn was held under that bridge for 2 hours. For charging purposes we can assume she was not there voluntarily, thus she was kidnapped. Being actually tied up is irrelevant.
DA Kim Ogg is against the DP and I think she is just looking for reasons to not charge until she absolutely has to. She will be out of office before this goes to trial and I think she wants to set it on a path as a life without parole case.

The two creeps will try to match their testimony to the evidence only. Right now they are hoping that the water washed away evidence, so they are not admitting to rape. They are saying she was bound after strangulation, so no kidnapping. The scratches and bite marks are compelling evidence against them. I trust more evidence will follow that will slap them both with the death penalty. My opinion only.

No, the DA doesn't have to show that. Jocelyn was held under that bridge for 2 hours. For charging purposes we can assume she was not there voluntarily, thus she was kidnapped. Being actually tied up is irrelevant.
DA Kim Ogg is against the DP and I think she is just looking for reasons to not charge until she absolutely has to. She will be out of office before this goes to trial and I think she wants to set it on a path as a life without parole case.
You may be correct. There are slick ways to side step the kidnapping charge. JN is not here to offer her side of the story. It appeared she went willingly with them at first. Perhaps they offered to walk her home. Once under the bridge, their true intent came to light. The creeps can say anything they want. They will try to say she was there willingly and that they thought she was older. In the end, I believe evidence will expose their lies and justice will eventually be served.

You may be correct. There are slick ways to side step the kidnapping charge. JN is not here to offer her side of the story. It appeared she went willingly with them at first. Perhaps they offered to walk her home. Once under the bridge, their true intent came to light. The creeps can say anything they want. They will try to say she was there willingly and that they thought she was older. In the end, I believe evidence will expose their lies and justice will eventually be served.
That she doesn't know them, she is 12, they are in their 20s, there are bite marks and scratches, all enough to show probable cause to charge kidnapping. Whether she is bound or not is totally irrelevant. she was held against her will. They don't have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt to bring the charges, just probable cause. For the DA to not bring those charges is insinuating that she was under that bridge for 2 hours with them consensually. Stop and think about that. With one of the defendants talking about the kissing and her pants off. Consensual? She is 12. She is terrified. The DA is ignoring the kidnapping angle.

That she doesn't know them, she is 12, they are in their 20s, there are bite marks and scratches, all enough to show probable cause to charge kidnapping. Whether she is bound or not is totally irrelevant. she was held against her will. They don't have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt to bring the charges, just probable cause. For the DA to not bring those charges is insinuating that she was under that bridge for 2 hours with them consensually. Stop and think about that. With one of the defendants talking about the kissing and her pants off. Consensual? She is 12. She is terrified. The DA is ignoring the kidnapping angle.
I believe the charges will come. I also believe she initially went with them willingly because they said something to make her feel safe like “ let’s get you home safe”. I think by the time she became terrified, it was too late. She trusted them enough not to create a scene at the store and to walk away with them. That is not her fault. It is theirs. In my opinion, the bite and scratch marks are solid evidence, but am assuming creepo explained those away somehow. I don’t think her being bound is irrelevant. ( my opinion only). Kidnapping is specific. Strangulation may not constitute a kidnapping charge in the eyes of the law. Once again. Strictly my opinion. However, I have faith in the evidence. These two men need to pay the ultimate price for their evil acts.

I believe the charges will come. I also believe she initially went with them willingly because they said something to make her feel safe like “ let’s get you home safe”. I think by the time she became terrified, it was too late. She trusted them enough not to create a scene at the store and to walk away with them. That is not her fault. It is theirs. In my opinion, the bite and scratch marks are solid evidence, but am assuming creepo explained those away somehow. I don’t think her being bound is irrelevant. ( my opinion only). Kidnapping is specific. Strangulation may not constitute a kidnapping charge in the eyes of the law. Once again. Strictly my opinion. However, I have faith in the evidence. These two men need to pay the ultimate price for their evil acts.
Well, it is abundantly clear that they held her against her will under the bridge. That is kidnapping. That fits the Texas statute. There is probable cause that occurred. It doesn't matter if she is tied up, strangled, assaulted.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks
Back