Classification: Endangered Missing
Date of Birth: 06/15/1961
Age at time of disappearance: 47
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 140
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Brown
Race: Hispanic

There are few details and only two news articles that I can find on this case. He is listed in NamUS and the Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse Online Bulletin. Maybe one of you will have better luck at finding information!

According to an article in the Houston Chronicle, he was last seen by his roommate in their home in Tomball, TX (suburb northwest of Houston). The roommate noticed his bedroom door was closed that night and was still closed the following morning when she left. When she arrived home at about 12:30 pm, the door was shut, so she went to check on him, but Johnny wasn't in his room. Galvan's mother said all his belongings were still in the room, including his clothes and 3 small suitcases.

Johnny Galvan is medically disabled; he suffered from throat cancer 5 years earlier, has a tracheotomy tube, and requires medication for pain along with depression. He cannot drive because of his medical issues.
He possibly took a taxi to a local Walgreens on August 23; we know his credit card was used to pay for one. But no one has heard or seen him since.

I used to live in the same neighborhood in 2017, and it backs up to State Highway 249. The Walgreens he might have gone to is right outside the neighborhood, on the feeder road next to SH 249. When he disappeared, the area was definitely more wooded and less developed than it is now. So it's hard for me to imagine that his body has never been found; they probably would have found something during all the construction that has occurred since 2008. I don't believe that this is someone who would willingly walk away from his life, and it saddens me that there aren't more news articles, just anything to share his story. His family deserves to know where he is and bring him home <3

Sources:
TxDPS Missing and Unidentified Persons Online Bulletin
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Johnny Chumba Galvan – The Charley Project
Mother looking for son missing Since Aug. 23

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay