TX TX - Johnny Lowe, 55, Liberty Co., never returned from fishing trip, 27 June 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

LVatty10

Verified Attorney
Reaction score
MISSING: Johnny Lowe - Liberty County, Texas (6/27/19)

55 year-old Johnny Lowe was last seen in Liberty County, Texas in the early morning hours of June 27th 2019. It is unknown what type, color or style of clothing that Johnny was wearing, but he was last known to be fishing.

Johnny’s black Ford Focus is also missing at this point, and it has a spotlight near the roof. Johnny has multiple tattoos on various parts of his body. If you have seen Johnny Lowe since his disappearance, if you know of his current whereabouts, or if you have any information whatsoever concerning Johnny’s disappearance; please call the Liberty County Sheriff’s Office at (936) 336-4500 – call Texas EquuSearch at (281) 309-9500.

MISSING: Johnny Lowe – Liberty County, Texas (6/27/19)

Attachments

• 09E26614-41B0-4AEF-A0EE-1E257366BEA5.jpeg
    09E26614-41B0-4AEF-A0EE-1E257366BEA5.jpeg
    146.6 KB · Views: 50
Very little information on this disappearance. Found this article:

LCSO: Texas EquuSearch joining hunt for missing Moss Bluff man

“Lowe was last seen in the early morning hours of June 27 on CR 133 North in Moss Bluff. Lowe had gone fishing and simply disappeared . . .

Recent flooding on the Trinity River may force searchers to postpone their efforts until the water recedes.”

May be dealing with accidental drowning. Is the water high enough that his car could be submerged? Anyone know about level of Trinity River?

JUL 4, 2019
Crews search for Liberty County man missing for 7 days
[...]

Using sonar, searchers found what appears to be a car but were unable to investigate further because Mother Nature forced them to call off the search.

[...]

"He's pretty active," Miller said. "He knew everybody and nobody has seen him. His phone goes straight to voicemail ... that doesn't happen with him."

[...]

"It's July, it's hot," DeFoor said. "The Trinity River, if that becomes a factor in this case, is flowing quite heavily at this point in time. It will be difficult to recover anything or anyone from that river."

I wonder if TS Barry would alter the plans for this weekend?
Had the same thought!

I know from living on the Gulf when Katrina hit that the worst of the storm is on the northeast quadrant, but I’ve not looked to see how much rain is forecast for SE TX.

Sure hope they get a break soon.

Prayers for LA and MS. Yeesh!

Missing Persons Cases Network

Missing man's vehicle pulled from Trinity River, officials say

LIBERTY COUNTY, Texas - The Liberty County Sheriff's Office said a car pulled from the Trinity River belongs to a man who has been missing since last month.

Investigators said the Ford Focus they recovered Sunday night belongs to 55-year-old Johnny Lowe, who went on a fishing trip along the Trinity River on June 27 and never returned.

Texas EquuSearch found the car July 4, but because of the river's water level and fast current, they had to wait to pull it out.

There is a photo of the vehicle as they’re recovering it from the river on the link I just previously posted.

view

Missing Persons Cases Network

I looked at various links to see if there was updated info confirming the remains found were JL, however I was unable to find any. I’m assuming they haven’t confirmed it yet or just never released info??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jillybean84
Back