TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are so right to ask. Given all of the weird articles coming out today.

Here is the text and the link to one:

His mother says when she last called the house an unknown woman with a raspy voice picked up the phone then hung up.

In light of this news, the missing 12-year-old’s family hopes that he will be found alive.

"I believe he is out there," Mary Gifford, Jonathan’s maternal grandmother, said. “Let him come home, please.”

Sgt. Stuart Harris said that the boy's father and other relatives live within walking distance of the complex and he would often visit them. Harris said relatives have been cooperative with investigators.

"I don't know if it's an abduction. I don't know if he just walked off," Harris said. "I don't know if there's foul play involved. We have no reason to think he's a runaway. He's missing under suspicious circumstances, which is always a major concern for us."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/29/investigation-missing-houston-year-old-yields-results/

here is a link to about 10 other articles (at least) mentioning the same information that was released today:

raspy voice Jonathan Foster - Google Search

Just google raspy voice + Jonathan Foster and you get a ton of them when you click on the news option.

but nothing via MSM said the call about the woman with the raspy voice was fabricated by mom.

I just wanted to clarify because in your earlier post stating FACT mom lied...... it followed with a seperate sentence (paraphrased) and then we have the call to/from the woman with the raspy voice. Your post sounded as if you were perhaps stating as fact the two reported emergency phone calls were proven false by LE - and I wanted to clarify, no where in MSM has there been any info stating LE verified those emergency calls were fabricated. (or of course I could have misread your post thinking you meant/implied the calls were deemed fabricated)

I just can't wait till the "REAL" story comes out.. im not sure what to think..

Therory well who really knows at this point. The information coming out is so confusing with truths, untruths.
Is it poor reporting? Yes IMO however it could be that Houston LE is holding this super close to the vest, being that they are being looked down upon in not issueing the amber alert sooner. I will give them the benefit of the doubt. I think that a major police force is capable to getting to the bottom of this which they seem to be doing.. I still think the amber alert system had major flaws... err on the side of caution rahter than giving a killer a head start. If a child or teen turns out to be a run away then so be it. The tax payers pay for services from our LE .. so lets have a say so in how those recources are used. How many children have to be killed to make some changes in the Amber Alert.

I wonder why no information on Nancy Grace tonight, this is a major story with fast developments happening. I suspect one of two things NG producers just can not sort throught the mess of stories presented out there OR perhaps LE asked them not to air due to being some of information coming out true and some not true. I think they may want to get all ducks in a row and give a press conference first to get out the facts that they feel the public needs to know..
I am a little thankful that NG did not air the coverage tonight due to inaccurate information so far, down to the name of the victem on one segment.

The reporting on NG that this is a good neighborhood. I do not see that from all maps I can find with earth view, media pictures, the apperance of mother and step dad it very well looks to be lower income (not bashing it, I am beyond needing to get out of my neighborhood) but i can not due to limited income) the surrondings tell a little of the people in the area.
If this woman was only known for a day or so, the Christmas theory comes strongly to mind. The person arrested .. not really knowing the family no connection to them. A simple robbery for her. Caught in the act. I still do not understand the phone call.

May Jonathan rest in peace. It is horrific what happened to his body. I hope and pray that they can find cause of death. I pray it is not more trajic than the condition of the body. Please God do not let the cause of death be the acutal burning.

I agree with those theorizing this was a robbery. The roommate said in a video that no one was supposed to be home. So JF must have been staying at the SF's that afternoon. He went to the roommate's place to get his video. He interrupted Mona in the commission of a burglary. He was somehow able to call his mother. When the mother called back Mona answered then hung up. Somehow she became enraged at being caught and in a panic or rage hit JF with the telephone. She was probably trying to find drugs. Just my theory. Keep it simple.

If I recall, Sharon (roommate) said that JF was there, playing video games. That they did not know who the woman on the phone was, because no one was supposed to be there. I took this not to mean that JF was not supposed to be there, but that no one else was. I'll need to go watch the video again to be sure.

I also read somewhere I think click houston that it was a MALE co worker who answered and I hate to be sexist, but guys just generally aren't too clued in on details... especially on the phone.. So i think what exqactly was said and by whom during the phone calls, could be open to interpretation just a little bit (my opinion)

I don't see how an Amber Alert would have helped Jonathan in this case. As another poster mentioned, being Christmas Eve, not as many TV's were on as usual, there wasn't a vehicle to BOLO for and even WS was really quiet that night. Also, it doesn't sound like he had a chance to be out and about where he would have been spotted at all, and if LE caught the mom in even a small lie during initial interviews, I can't blame them for not thinking abduction right away.

Poor Jonathan. I hope whatever happened to him was really quick and he did not have time to be too scared. That's all I can say.

(Other than I have come to believe that if someone is convicted based on irrefutable evidence, that should be the end of it-no appeals. No delays. Just done wasting time on that person. And on to the next...)

Mods - is it possible to add a thread with all the well wishes that have been posted for the family. I would hate for them to have to weed through some of these aweful facts, but sure would hate for them to miss such warm & comforting comments too.

Excellent idea.

I just wanted to say thank u all. We of course actually did find out before the media I of course didn't want to say anything here till they released it. It's rough, I had to call my mom who was in the shower, so my sister answered and I couldn't speak. My children r also aware. Jonathan will never be forgotten, and he is in a much better place then we are, I just wish he could have been much much older before being taken from this world. Jonathan had a purpose in this world and he completed that purpose abs that's why he went home to the heavens, we now have a new gaurdian angle to help guide us in this horrible world we live in.

(((((hugs)))).... to all of you.

IMO AD's family did not throw darts at mom.
IMO LE did not throw darts at mom.
The facts show JF loves his mom.
JF loves her and so do I.
JF spread his love every where he went.
JF spread his wings and flew across this country to hug his gramma and his mom too.

IMO He planted a seed of love and it is our responsiblity to tend it and multiple it and spread it all over this land.

IMO he said..Love is the cure to the madness this world faces today.

My heart goes out to mom and her family.

That's true but in this case, I feel the parents aren't being forthright because of illegal activity of their own. I don't think they would be creating alibis if a gaming system was the primary target. I'm also not convinced that <mod snip> Mona wasn't just doing a friend a favor.

a friend a favor? are you serious?

Oftentimes people steal and rob to get stuff that they can sell for money to get drugs. But there are plenty of people that simply rob because they think they can.

<mod snip> Mona apparently wasn't very good at it, she kept getting caught. Perhaps this time she simply didn't want to leave a living witness.

That's true but in this case, I feel the parents aren't being forthright because of illegal activity of their own. I don't think they would be creating alibis if a gaming system was the primary target. I'm also not convinced that <mod snip> Mona wasn't just doing a friend a favor.

Renee, I just do not have the words to express what I am feeling now. Prayers for you, your husband, children and all of Jonathan's family.

Thank you for sharing the pictures and good times Jonathan had while living with you. You will be in my prayers as you go through the coming weeks.

One detail that really bothers me: how did they know he went to get a video game? Was that info via DD? Or has that been recanted as well...? :waitasec:

IMO AD's family did not throw darts at mom.
IMO LE did not throw darts at mom.
The facts show JF loves his mom.
JF loves her and so do I.
JF spread his love every where he went.
JF spread his wings and flew across this country to hug his gramma and his mom too.

IMO He planted a seed of love and it is our responsiblity to tend it and multiple it and spread it all over this land.

IMO he said..Love is the cure to the madness this world faces today.

My heart goes out to mom and her family.

I have "thrown darts at mom" and I do feel a little bad about it. I now feel horrible for her and everyone else that raised and loved this boy. This case illustrates the need for parents to be 100% honest when their kid is missing. Hold nothing back. Don't worry about yourself first, worry about FINDING YOUR CHILD!

This is the text of the original Amber Alert issued for Jonathan Foster:

"Jonathan Foster was last seen around 1:45 p.m. on Friday 12/24/2010 at the Villa Nueva Apartments. He resides there with his mother and stepfather.

The boy has a visible overbite, was wearing blue jeans, white sneakers with a red stripe, a tan T-shirt with a guitar printed on it, and zip-up gray hoodie-type jacket.

Jonathan has red or auburn hair and blue eyes. He is about 4 feet 8 inches tall and weighs around a 100 pounds.

He may be in the company of an adult female with a raspy voice."
http://radioamber.net/?p=3628

Forget, if we all can (Houston, you have a serious problem with your reporting and ALL of your sports teams) the sad reporting that has been inflicted on all of us all day long today. This is the original Amber Alert for him. It clearly states "he may be in the company of an adult female with a raspy voice."

Would not this Amber Alert then at least provide some credence to that portion of the reporting about a phone call? So since this is the official Amber Alert for him, how is the WTF name of the F'word does this gel with original reports where the family and the mother have said, initially the mother reported that he was on his way to his babysitter's house to pick up something? It does...NOT. Period. It sounds like LE had to wade through a swamp of conflicting statements...but nonetheless, the mother started the chain of deceit and I do care why...regardless of whether or not there are not or there may be more suspects. The thing smells. Period.

TY to the people posting who are a part of this case. It cannot be easy. Period. I appreciate at least the fact that you are willing to come forth with the information you do have. My heart goes out to the entire family. 12 years though, and no explanation for why this mother was not the primary caretaker, nor why she apparently lied to police initially? Again she is suspect, not a suspect. But nothing I have read today makes any darn sense. Despite the cruddy reporting.

What does any of this have to do with Houston's sports teams?

Yep ---- and yet we have Mom claiming that she didn't know this person, and then that she knew her as Mona, how do they know WHO they are speaking of if no-one was arrested?

Whilst I am typing, I just gave some thought to the initial 'at babysitters, went to get a video game' story.
Mom was at work, and didn't see or hear from Jonathan (except the background comment in the alleged 2nd phone call) so where did SHE get this info from?

Also, didn't she mention that she called him back AT HOME?
Why did step dad 'pop in'? And why would he place himself as the last person to see the child (good job criminals are not too smart).
Why is the dad, and this room mates friend in the home at all?

Whilst Mom has relayed these lies, they have been told to her by someone she felt reliable enough to bear repeating them. The same guy who stood beside her during early interviews (I'd have thrown him out after the FIRST one, given his demeanor and rubbing on me).
Please understand that she is probably in some pain, but her child is almost a stranger to her, she obviously feels more for the DD fellow, whom she is defending even after she realises he lied to her about what happened and behaves like a jerk AND I'm sure LE have voiced some 'concerns'.

Renee, I am so very very sorry for your families loss, I can feel the love you all had for him in your words and concern. He was blessed to have spent a portion of his short life with you guys, he knew what a real childhood felt like. I hope you can find some small modicum of comfort amongst the angst and theorizing here. In My Prayers.

TYVM for the quote. I am too tired to watch it again and my eyes are blurry.

There is something very wrong with this statement.

jmho

My hinky meter went off when SE said "that's all I know".

Misty Croslin said the same thing at the beginning of Haleigh's case!

but nothing via MSM said the call about the woman with the raspy voice was fabricated by mom.

I just wanted to clarify because in your earlier post stating FACT mom lied...... it followed with a seperate sentence (paraphrased) and then we have the call to/from the woman with the raspy voice. Your post sounded as if you were perhaps stating as fact the two reported emergency phone calls were proven false by LE - and I wanted to clarify, no where in MSM has there been any info stating LE verified those emergency calls were fabricated. (or of course I could have misread your post thinking you meant/implied the calls were deemed fabricated)

I am just using the original text provide by a LE officer quoted by the police as the mother initally said he was going to the babysitter's home, then changed her initial story out of shame and embarrassment that he was possibly left home alone. In my warped way of thinking, since we are going by the text of the Amber Alert put out by police that he may be in the company of a rapsy voiced woman vs. he is went to the babysitter's house to get stuff...which is in all of the original reports where the mother is quoted...this is odd. Maybe facts are odd. Maybe I am concerned that a mom wouldn't just say from the jump she got a phone call vs. the original story that was circulated with family/mother quotes that he originally went to the babysitter's home and didn't show back up. JMO. I keep providing the same links over and over...and over and over. She originally said FACT he went to the babysitter's home to get stuff and never came home...my question to you is WHY do you think this somehow is NOT weird?????

I tried to answer with what I know, but I am always open to corrections.

StrayKat I still have a few questions:

Motive???
No given.

Why police originally mentioned shoes and video being the only thing missing?
Maybe they suspected it was a break in? If so, voids why they didn't put out an AA.

What physical evidence was gathered at the CURRENT home?
Hasn't been said, but there has been some and SD car was towed.

Homicide was already on the case.
I haven't read that since the case "broke" on Christmas Eve, but could be true.

Why would LE think RUNAWAY... I wonder what they were told originally by certain people. LE there only 45 minutes... WHAT???
According to a post his aunt made via MSM, he was too old for an Amber Alert and was considered a run away. That's something that I haven't been able to get her to clarify, and I am not sure it's the best time to ask again.

When was LE notified that the sitter wasn't there?
No idea, media reported it yesterday.

What are the stats of a woman (not the mother) killing another person's child?
Good question.

Where is SD today, he is in all the other videos with mom?
He took a poly and passed, that is what JF's mom said via another videocast. Not sure if true, but probably all the heat on him has made him back away.

Does the so called "Mona" live in NE Houston?
She lives 7 miles from JF's house, 4 miles from the site his body was recovered.

What time was the last time anyone saw or talked to JF.
2 days prior by a neighbor, iirc.

Not including the sighting at 1:45.
None

What time was the call received by mom?
1:30-2:00PM Christmas Eve, iirc.

Who is the man they are looking for?
No one knows.

Why all the leaks from LE about an arrest... but, not an actual presser to confirm?
Confirmed by multiple MSM, including chron (which is the best, imo) - Capital Murder Charge.

Thanks, the chron has a good updated story.
Do you think she went there to rob or do you think she was alone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46