TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged w/ Murder - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On her Myspace page, one of her friends (a young girl) said something to this effect, "Hey Mona, I need your help. Some guy (boyfriend?) roughed me up. I have scratches and bruises everywhere."

This young girl had no problems posting her request on a public website. This implies to me that Mona had the reputation of being an enforcer in the 'hood. So, I think there is the possibility that something or someone else was involved in this senseless, brutal crime. Regardless, Mona did participate in a 100% verifiable aspect of it. For that, she should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

And the same incident --being roughed up by a guy at a bar--was displayed on that young woman's FB page, though she didn't involve MN on FB. She had a broken arm, and was choked. I had meant to put out the dates and see if anyone could find evidence of a man being beaten up around that time, but forgot.

And the same incident --being roughed up by a guy at a bar--was displayed on that young woman's FB page, though she didn't involve MN on FB. She had a broken arm, and was choked. I had meant to put out the dates and see if anyone could find evidence of a man being beaten up around that time, but forgot.

I searched. It was around July 11, 2010. I'll have to check on the other thread to see if MN was arrested around that time.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/26361993/detail.html
Slain 12-Year-Old To Be Laid To Rest

Jonathan's family said loved ones in Kansas are also holding a service today.

Can someone explain to me what this means? I thought the family (aunt and uncle) were in Texas? Or are they referring to other family? I'm confused.

Slain 12-Year-Old To Be Laid To Rest

Jonathan's family said loved ones in Kansas are also holding a service today.

Can someone explain to me what this means? I thought the family (aunt and uncle) were in Texas? Or are they referring to other family? I'm confused.

I remember Renee saying towards the beginning that she had 2 fears, 1 being the mom had something to do with it, and 2 being the mom had nothing to do with it and having to face her at a funeral or gathering as they weren't pleased Jonathan went back to live with his mom. So maybe they decided to hold their own to keep things calm.. etc But i thought they lived in MO, not KS??

There's a gallery of beautiful pictures of Jonathan here:

http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504083_162-10006050.html

Jonathan_Fosters_07_540x405.jpg

1:12 Reporter: Quannell says Nelson called him before her arrest in the murder of 12 year old Jonathan Foster, back when homicide investigators were questioning her last week.

[/B]

http://www.click2houston.com/video/26356885/index.html

If the reporting is true, which I have heard QX say that MN called him, then I am seeing this as either:

1. MN couldn't hire or retain an attorney. This doesn't make sense if this was a "hit" though. We have asked in other cases why someone was able to come up with 300k to hire an attorney... that hasn't happened here. I don't see MN working for free, she is out of work, in order to "help" someone else in retribution [drug debt]. I do think that MN knew of some of the activities the parents/friends were involved in and played on that in order to cast such incredible doubt, and it is pretty incredible at this point.

OR

2. She knew [knows] that she was guilty out the gate and brought in a second best to fight for her, QX. A strategic move, imo, from someone that is very calculated [and racially charged]. For the history that QX has created both good and bad, I can't help but wonder why he is letting this woman roll him like this? Or is he? I keep going back to "What does QX have to gain in this?"

I hope and pray that he realizes he won't gain much with MN, what he should be trying to obtain is the motive or confession, and that pedestal he is on right now, the one constructed with doubt, shame and hate, ... it came about because of the tragic death of a 12-year old.

And that, that is pitiful in my opinion.

I remember Renee saying towards the beginning that she had 2 fears, 1 being the mom had something to do with it, and 2 being the mom had nothing to do with it and having to face her at a funeral or gathering as they weren't pleased Jonathan went back to live with his mom. So maybe they decided to hold their own to keep things calm.. etc But i thought they lived in MO, not KS??

JF's Uncle and Aunt and cousins are all in Houston for JF's memorial (reference- social networking sites).
The KS family must be other family connected to him. Uncle and Aunt had a lot of extended family who were torn up about JF, as well.

I bolded the part that really struck me--how hard would that be. Painful.

Sorry if it has already been posted here, but I thought this was interesting. I know that a few people had already wondered if there was a reason DD was left out of the obits, and I can't help but think we have an answer now. maybe

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7877975

Quoted from the article noted in the above link..

"There are a couple of interesting notes from the family today. For the first time, the family has asked the media to stop referring to Jonathan's stepfather as such. They say, David Davis never acted like a father and was simply somebody who married Jonathan's mother. For the first time there was a little bit of public tension. The family refused to answer any questions about why Mona Nelson would implicate David Davis."

If the reporting is true, which I have heard QX say that MN called him, then I am seeing this as either:

1. MN couldn't hire or retain an attorney. This doesn't make sense if this was a "hit" though. We have asked in other cases why someone was able to come up with 300k to hire an attorney... that hasn't happened here. I don't see MN working for free, she is out of work, in order to "help" someone else in retribution [drug debt]. I do think that MN knew of some of the activities the parents/friends were involved in and played on that in order to cast such incredible doubt, and it is pretty incredible at this point.

OR

2. She knew [knows] that she was guilty out the gate and brought in a second best to fight for her, QX. A strategic move, imo, from someone that is very calculated [and racially charged]. For the history that QX has created both good and bad, I can't help but wonder why he is letting this woman roll him like this? Or is he? I keep going back to "What does QX have to gain in this?"

I hope and pray that he realizes he won't gain much with MN, what he should be trying to obtain is the motive or confession, and that pedestal he is on right now, the one constructed with doubt, shame and hate, ... it came about because of the tragic death of a 12-year old.

And that, that is pitiful in my opinion.

I suspect its simpler than that. He may be unable to wrap his head around the idea of a woman torching a child to death for sadistic and sexual pleasure. there are posters here who have trouble with that and have followed some heinous cases. If not for Sandra Cantu where it was obvious that the evil woman who abducted and killed her did so for sexual motives (the items in her vagina left there) more probably would have difficulty with it.

Therefore he is inclined to believe as some here do that there has to be someone else involved.

Sorry if it has already been posted here, but I thought this was interesting. I know that a few people had already wondered if there was a reason DD was left out of the obits, and I can't help but think we have an answer now. maybe

"There are a couple of interesting notes from the family today. For the first time, the family has asked the media to stop referring to Jonathan's stepfather as such. They say, David Davis never acted like a father and was simply somebody who married Jonathan's mother. For the first time there was a little bit of public tension. The family refused to answer any questions about why Mona Nelson would implicate David Davis."

That's pretty strong wording to wish everyone would quit calling Davis stepfather. We sure know how the family feels about him now.

That video of Uncle Glenn talking about Jonathan breaks my heart. :(

The carpet was probably burned by heat transfer if she used a metal trash can.

sort of sad. I think everyone who was a part of his life was touched by him and I suspect that this is more the part of grandparents and uncle/aunt than the mom. She may be agreeing perhaps now but otherwise since she defended him strongly i don't think this is her decision if that makes sense.

Maybe it is easier to get angry with the stepfather than be angry with the mom (not that i think either are to blame) referencing the afraid she didn't do it (mom didn't do it and facing her).

I guess I just think the day of his funeral is the wrong day and to say nothing re MN implicating him.

"There's more to this, and I believe the stepfather needs to step up to the plate and be absolutely honest and tell the truth because he knows more than he's saying," Quanell X said Monday.

Davis called the allegations lies and said his family is just trying to get through the boy's funeral on Tuesday.

"There's more to this, and I believe the stepfather needs to step up to the plate and be absolutely honest and tell the truth because he knows more than he's saying," Quanell X said Monday.

Davis called the allegations lies and said his family is just trying to get through the boy's funeral on Tuesday.

Ok here we have SD saying it's lies and him and the family are just trying to get through the boy's funeral today. In the previous link, the family wants people to quit calling him the boy's SD........one makes it appear he is at funeral and the other makes it sound like he is not. I sense some er, tension some where.................:waitasec:

Ok here we have SD saying it's lies and him and the family are just trying to get through the boy's funeral today. In the previous link, the family wants people to quit calling him the boy's SD........one makes it appear he is at funeral and the other makes it sound like he is not. I sense some er, tension some where.................:waitasec:

I'm trying so hard to be good right now......
but since those who truely loved Jonathan have asked that he not be referred to as stepdad anymore, I ,for one, will now refer to him as DD.

could "his" family mean his own extended family as it is obvious he is no longer considered a member of the this family?
Could this be "his" family that he is staying with outside of Houston since it was just too painful to be around a memorial to "his boy"?

I remember the Uncle mentioning in some article back in the beginning* , that he didn't know JF had gone on to live with mom, after returning to live with grandmother. I imagine there is quite a bit of tension within the family over shoulda, coulda , woulda's :(
And true, DD is NOT a stepfather...just another husband...

geesh so sad, what a great sounding kid- I am certain it was a privilege to know him.

*I went and found the link-
http://www.click2houston.com/news/26325836/detail.html

snipped-
"Scrimsher said he did not know that his sister, Angela Davis, was in Houston or that she was once again raising Jonathan."

That's pretty strong wording to wish everyone would quit calling Davis stepfather. We sure know how the family feels about him now.

That video of Uncle Glenn talking about Jonathan breaks my heart. :(
IMO-------
Wow, just wow. I remember hearing DD on the radio calling JP his baby, his baby...all up in arms and throwing a fit.
It even bothered ME at the time; I couldn't imagine what it did to his AUNT and UNCLE, knowing full well that he only lived with JP for approximately 6 weeks, and 2-3 of those weeks, JP and his mom were living with someone else.

On her Myspace page, one of her friends (a young girl) said something to this effect, "Hey Mona, I need your help. Some guy (boyfriend?) roughed me up. I have scratches and bruises everywhere."

This young girl had no problems posting her request on a public website. This implies to me that Mona had the reputation of being an enforcer in the 'hood. So, I think there is the possibility that something or someone else was involved in this senseless, brutal crime. Regardless, Mona did participate in a 100% verifiable aspect of it. For that, she should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Was she a heavy or an enforcer? She might have seen herself as a protector?
Do we know if she practiced or believed in Vodou?
The help she requested could have been more spiritual, if she indeed believe or practiced Vodou.
Several rituals involve burning, fire such as Loa.
Just wondering out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member