TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged w/ Murder - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't want to.
This trial is going to be one of the hardest any jury has been a part of.
Recently there have been some bad ones, but honestly I believe this one will be more horrifying. :tears:

jmho

I think it will beat the Couey trial for horror and that is hard to do if they can show it was COD once they realized that the burning may not have caused soot in the lungs.

Can you imagine just torching a body inch by inch? I don't even get the idea that it was to hide identity or she would have knocked out his teeth. Part of me really thinks she wanted to have the thrill of killing someone with her torch. Torture him to death.

I also wonder if the comment about serial killer came because they found "trophies" at her house. For example, the stuffed cat of JF and perhaps belongings of some others that didn't fit her things and may belong to missing kids or adults.

Wasnt there another case where a girl was murdered and the other girl who murdered her pretended to support and grieve with the girl's family? I think I remember she even moved in with the murdered girl's family and all along she was the one who had murdered her.

Does anyone remember that case?

imo
Yes, the teen girl who committed or participated in the crime moved in the with grieving mother. I don't remember the names though

------this may have already been answered, i know earlier in the thread some were looking for AD on camera saying DD had taken a poly etc.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/new...woman-arrested-in-connection-to-missing-child#

..there are 2 back to back videos here, she says on camera:

"I never made any enemies in my life that would want to take my child from me".

"I never said that it was anyone named Mona."
"I never pointed the finger at anybody. I just said there's a time frame people came by and that's the people that came by."

"My husband took a polygraph, and he passed. He is not in it at all. He's innocent. He is just as distraught and upset as I am."

[/B]

Just curious, but is there a reason to think MN did not murder Jonathan by suffocation/drowning/or some other means. I know it is unusual, but could Jonathan have died by being tasered. It is rare but it happens.

I don't understand why MN would burn and dispose of the body for someone else and not immediately tell who that person is. Why hold onto that information if it would eliminate her as the killer? One charge is a possible death penalty, the other is a prison term.

I absolutely DO believe she could be responsible for the entire crime, but I also have questions.

Some of those questions must remain unasked if I wish to keep my posting privileges.

However I can say that I'd like her to receive the maximum sentence for her crime. That includes the DP if she murdered him.
I would hate to discount an assistant until the evidence shows that because at this moment, we all believe she murdered him, but proving that in a court of law will require a few ermmmm inconsistencies elsewhere to be cleared up.

I so WANT to believe LE when they say she acted alone, but at the time they said it, they'd already given conflicting statements about COD. (Which in fact hasn't been determined by the ME yet AFAIK).
They based the abduction time, and alibis on telephone calls without having rec'd the phone records yet.
They failed to log a missing child for 6 hours (he'd already been killed and discarded for 3 hours before LE even acknowledged that he was missing.
They didn't issue an Amber alert until Monday, but appear to have had a description of MNs truck, knowledge of a female making threats, MN saying she was there, and being unable to locate her.

Forgive me if I think errors have been made and find it hard to accept what LE feels happened may not be what actually happened. LE's initial actions have left me needing proof.

I'm not sure that there is anyone involved in this case that I would believe without proof anymore. Trust but verify.

I have a family member who is a sociopath, and violent and (until 2 years ago) a drug abuser. They possess some traits that go along with the evil and they don't think like us, but if she were helping a friend then she would never and I mean never share that with us or LE. (Her lie about the box is easily disproved, she never meant it to be her defense. Her lies will be many in the coming days - expect to be infuriated with each passing 'declaration')

hi guys....midday here so have been trying to catch up again......

am glad a few of you have mentioned the "threatening calls" reporting.

That played over in my head because it has been reported that she received threatening calls however what has been said has never been mentioned in any transcripts from the LE...I am assuming this is bad/sensationalism reporting.

I have read where the LE have said that MN was a friend of SE and an acquaintance of the mum and stepdad, in that she came to and from the apartment and it was mentioned that she was known to Jonathon. I am wondering why she would then ask Jonathon "is Angela your mama?" would she not have known this???? this has me thinking that she may have known Jonathon more than mum and stepdad, maybe because she came over when SE was babysitting Jonathon.......

I am still at a loss to the motive as well, but I dont think this was just a take a child and kill them scenario, I think there is something behind it, hopefully it will come out in the trial.

I was wondering if it may have had anything to do with not seeing her own children and grandkids for christmas, one hadnt want to see her since christmas 09, we know she is an angry violent woman, so maybe took it out on a child.

what is chilling is that she wrote "Merry Christmas Everyone" on her facebook!!! UUUgggh.... maybe it was christmas present to herself as a way of getting anger directed at her kids (very far out I know)...

I also think her going back to see the mother was part of her undoing as well as I dont think she is the sharpest tool in the shed. the le obviously asked mum who may have been there and she would have mentioned MN had come around and said she saw Jonathon that day and he may have been with someone. I think the reason she came around was not to gloat but to take the direction of the case in another direction ie....she thought someone was there...............hoping mum and police would look for that "someone"........when in reality it made them look into her movements and hey presto, she has a truck that matches that on the video.

sick disgusting woman

I know where the roommate worked but am still wanting to know where mom worked so we can figure out how long it took her to drive home. Would help with timeline stuff which is driving me batty.

I swore I read somewhere that Mom and SE worked together but I guess I'm wrong

There are many things that puzzle me about this extraordinary case, but this is the main one: why did Angela have to unlock the door when she got home from work?

Did Mona have a key?

If so, why? Who gave it to her and why? Or did she steal it? If so, why?

Why would Mona lock up behind herself after kidnapping Jonathan?

I'm baffled.

www.39online.com/news/local/kiah-amber-alert-foster-story,0,3658934.story

I swore I read somewhere that Mom and SE worked together but I guess I'm wrong
I also believe I read that somewhere...but that doesn't mean it's the truth. I just remember reading it somewhere.

There are many things that puzzle me about this extraordinary case, but this is the main one: why did Angela have to unlock the door when she got home from work?

Did Mona have a key?

If so, why? Who gave it to her and why? Or did she steal it? If so, why?

I'm baffled.

www.39online.com/news/local/kiah-amber-alert-foster-story,0,3658934.story

depending on the door/lock, it might have been as simple as pushing a button or turning a little knob on the doorknob. It would be an easy way to prevent accidental access by someone who didn't belong in the apt??

Why do you say that if I may ask?

A lot of cases the COD is unknown yet the DA has other compelling evidence and an conviction is the result.

I don't really think it will matter that much how she killed Jonathan or the DA proving it...except maybe in the sentencing phase if she is convicted. I think they have much more incriminating evidence than COD to get this woman onto death row.

Imo a reasonable jury will be able to comprehend that eye witnesses place Mona there at the time Jonathan disappeared and compounded by the evidence found in her home and no one else's home that ties her to the crime it wont be hard to get a conviction at all, imo.

Mona is locked into her fictitious story now. The video will show she has lied. If she was just dumping a container for someone else then why was the same twine found on Jonathan's hands and in her home? Why was he burned to death with a welding torch which LE also found in her home along with burned carpet?

Her story makes no sense because it is fabricated and the jury will see that instantly, imo.

IMO

*****ALL IN MY NON PROFESSIONAL OPINION *****

What plastic box?
MN didn't say that, someone else said she said it.
Sociopaths 'play games'.

Imagine I am MN for just a moment.

I will admit that I dumped the body. (It's on tape)
I will admit that I allowed him to be burnt in my house and using my tools (LE have evidence).

Prove that I killed him.
Prove that I made that phone call.
Prove that I removed the child from the home.
Prove that I actually did the burning.
Prove that I was in that home at 2pm.

Now back to being me.
Don't ask why she would allow all this for a friend, if you already believe she did this unimaginable thing alone. (1 is easier than the other)
She is a sociopath.

Don't say she placed herself at the scene so she must have been there, and then say others did the same but may have been lying. Self serving to us is 'gameplay' to her.
She lies too.....She is a sociopath.

Be careful when attempting to understand a sociopath, they are beyond understanding, and I can't accept everything she says that points to guilt must be true, but everything she says that points elsewhere must be a lie.
She is a sociopath.

I don't think she is a narcissist tho' just a violent, disassociative sociopath.

Now add that to all the lies, backtracking, sidestepping, butt covering and opinions that have surrounded this case from moment one and there is no-one left to trust for now.

snipped :
Police knew that without a vehicle type or suspect description, a vague alert would generate a flood of information, some of it potentially useful, but much of it simply overwhelming, he said.

link to overwhelming remark: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ing&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

lovingmom verified neighbor of jonathan's gramdma stated le told AD it was illegal to leave a child under 14 home alone. via her ws post.

HPD website http://www.houstontx.gov/police/missing.htm states a call to police is all that is necessary to report a child under the age of 17 missing. physically going to the precinct is not needed. jonathan was reported missing by ad at about 2:30pm. he was entered into hpd missing at 9:30 pm. unacceptable. had le began canvessing, which to me is such an obvious reaction to a missing child by LE - they may have saved jonathan -

I'm not placing blame on AD or DD at all, because god only knows how much they are both probably beating themselves up now after the outcome, but...

I imagine that if AD and DD hadn't lied about the situation at first, or if AD had called 911 when getting threatening calls from someone who was with JF when he was supposed to be alone, instead of going home and concocting a story first, LE probably would have reacted very differently, and an amber alert may have gotten out quickly instead of when it was much too late.

depending on the door/lock, it might have been as simple as pushing a button or turning a little knob on the doorknob. It would be an easy way to prevent accidental access by someone who didn't belong in the apt??

Sure, but why bother to lock the barn door when you're already getting away with stealing the horse? So to speak.

And why would a kidnapper care about preventing accidental access by someone arriving after him/her?

It just strikes me as weird that Mona would have bothered to lock the door behind her. Even if it only took an action as small as pressing a button.

*****ALL IN MY NON PROFESSIONAL OPINION *****

What plastic box?
MN didn't say that, someone else said she said it.
Sociopaths 'play games'.

Imagine I am MN for just a moment.

I will admit that I dumped the body. (It's on tape)
I will admit that I allowed him to be burnt in my house and using my tools (LE have evidence).

Prove that I killed him.
Prove that I made that phone call.
Prove that I removed the child from the home.
Prove that I actually did the burning.
Prove that I was in that home at 2pm.

Now back to being me.
Don't ask why she would allow all this for a friend, if you already believe she did this unimaginable thing alone. (1 is easier than the other)
She is a sociopath.

Don't say she placed herself at the scene so she must have been there, and then say others did the same but may have been lying. Self serving to us is 'gameplay' to her.
She lies too.....She is a sociopath.

Be careful when attempting to understand a sociopath, they are beyond understanding, and I can't accept everything she says that points to guilt must be true, but everything she says that points elsewhere must be a lie.
She is a sociopath.

I don't think she is a narcissist tho' just a violent, disassociative sociopath.

Now add that to all the lies, backtracking, sidestepping, butt covering and opinions that have surrounded this case from moment one and there is no-one left to trust for now.

I have no reason to think the interview with Mona wasn't taped. I believe it was. What she said will be used against her and will be played in court, imo.

The evidence always dispels the lies of a perpetrator and sorts out the truth whether they are a sociopath or not.

I don't think Houston has a problem at all. Imo they are not basing their entire case on what Mona said.

IMO

Sure, but why bother to lock the barn door when you're already getting away with stealing the horse? So to speak.

And why would a kidnapper care about preventing accidental access by someone arriving after him/her?

It just strikes me as weird that Mona would have bothered to lock the door behind her. Even if it only took an action as small as pressing a button.

Maybe Mona thought if someone else came to the door they would think Jonathan had gone somewhere.

She knew the mom was at work and she knew the step dad had already dropped by.

Imo

Izzy :wave: you made me think two things:

1-if she has been doing apartment maintenance and has been used to using a key to access apts for whatever purpose & then leaving, she would be used to locking the place when she left.

and 2 - AFAIK we do not know how JF left the house. We know his computer was still on, but that doesn't mean he was dragged out struggling or that he was incapacitated inside his home and taken out in some kind of cover. JF may have locked the door after himself if he trusted that he was leaving with someone to "go meet his mom" or some other excuse.

I trust that LE has coated that place looking for fingerprints, including the doorknob/lock.

I had just had a shower and there is all this talk of sociopath, serial killer etc and I am wondering if the true motive is not something more simple.

I do beleive this woman is a weird, sadistic, angry, violent person who I am sure has had a abusive childhood.

Has anyone heard any comments made from SE????? I would be very interested to know the state of their friendship. I dont think MN had too many friends judging by comments made about her ie hard to understand, etc. Maybe SE was more special to MN than vice versa and SE was distancing herself and hadnt invited her over for christmas or something similar.

what if the scenario went like this

MN goes over to see SE either in a rage due to breakup of friendship or
just to pop over to see her

She gets there and no adult is home. she either lets herself in
or Jonathon lets her in

She is either ranting or raving OR as we know she has a criminal background, sees the opportunity to steal something, be it jewellery, money, drugs...

Jonathon knows something is wrong, calls him mum at work, hence the emergency call to mum......Mona hangs up, mum rings back and mona answers.....knows she is in the poo poo either because jonathon has seen her doing something or she is just in some form of a rage......

Takes Jonathon and phone........in her rage or to stop him talking, kills jonathon with what she has available..the blow torch.

I believe LE had spoken to Mona before the body was found. She herself came forward and informed someone - not sure if it was LE or family, but she placed herself at the crime scene because she told them she had been at the apartment Jonathan was taken from. She told them she had stopped by to "ask a question" or something. Now, I don't recall if she told them she was there to get SE's (the roommate/babysitter) phone number. Anyone stumble on that link which verifies why MN was there, I would appreciate it. When the surveillance video was found and a truck like MN's was seen with someone getting out of it, the officers that were reviewing the video sent the information to the officers that had spoken with MN earlier. I really want to know what did MN originally give as her reason for being there?? If it was to get SE's phone number and then AD received a call from Jonathan asking for that same phone number, I will be very confused and have to rethink a lot of things. :waitasec:

I had the impression the first time homicide detectives spoke with MN was when they showed up at her residence. They went there because they had information that she had actually talked to Jonathan at approximately 12:30 pm the day he went missing, so they were just trying to find out what she had to say according to the Captain who spoke at the pressor. While they were at MN's, they received a photo of the truck and recognized it as Mona's. Although the Captain added, "She was at the apartment complex the same day Jonathan disappeared by her own admittance and other people in the apartment complex said they saw here there", he didn't say when MN admitted she was there, therefore it is possible MN only admitted she was at SE's when LE showed up at her residence to find out what she knew. JMO

snipped from pressor

"A couple of those guys were looking for this woman named Mona at that time because there was information, not because she was a suspect at that point in time, but there was information that she had actually talked to Jonathan at approximately 12:30 on the day he went missing, so they were just trying to find out what she had to say. While they were out at that location they got a picture of the truck, they noticed that Mona was driving a truck that was remarkably similar".

It would take nerve for people like us, i.e. "normal people" ;), but MN is anything BUT normal, and she has brass ones for kidnapping a child from his home, taking him to her home, brutally killing him, dumping his burned body, and then within a few hours, returning to the home where she had kidnapped him to sit on the couch of the grieving Mother!!! :banghead: I just remembered another case from Houston!!! In 2007 Timothy Wayne Shepard got into an argument with his girlfriend, Tynesha Stewart. He murdered her, dismembered her, and spent the next TWO DAYS trying to destroy the "evidence" by placing her dismembered body parts on two grills on the balcony of his second story apartment!!! Neighbors wondered about the smell and even asked him about it. Interestingly, Quanell X got involved in that case as well and assisted with getting him to confess. I wonder if MN worked at the apartment complex Timothy Wayne Shepard lived at??? You can google the case, but here is a link to a quick Wiki summary of it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Tynesha_Stewart

Yes...Tynesha, the beautiful girl that he murdered, dismembered and burned to nothing on his patio...was a dear friend of my families.

I posted about her case, investigation, trial, etc. several times on these threads. I will link here, just in case you / anyone else wants to read.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5952759&postcount=140"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #9[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5950041&postcount=49"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #8[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5947204&postcount=450"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #6[/ame]

I also posted about the traffic cams in one of these posts, which IMO, is what puts a live Jonathan with Mona from his house/apt/duplex/cottage...to MN's House...and from there to E. Hardy with a body.

Take a look...

map.jpg

You can go the link and mess around with the cams to get a better idea...

http://traffic.houstontranstar.org/layers/layers_ve.html?&cam=true

I was using ours from 1998 1999 or 2000 and it worked to the other side of the block (exact opposite of where our house sits), as soon as i tried to cross the street off our block it completely cut out. So yeah newer ones would have even better range.

Depends upon how many MgH, megahertz, it has. Cheaper the phone, usually less MgH, therefore less range.

...(snipped)...

Maybe she didn't lock up the front door. Maybe MN entered and then exited with JF by way of a side or back door???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3