TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think MN is a psychopath and knows exactly what she did. I think she's trying to beat a murder charge by pointing the finger at SD and possibly creating reasonable doubt. MN knows SD was there at 1:45 so he is the obvious one to accuse. I know a witness saw MN at the home during the time JF disappeared but I haven't read anywhere that she was seen leaving either with or without a container and it really doesn't matter. AD heard JF's voice around 2pm so he was obviously alive when MN took him

I think so as well. She only confessed to dumping the body because she had no choice. Apparently, nobody saw her leave with Jonathan and he was obviously alive when that call took place.

It just makes no sense that she would say he was in a container when she should know he obviously wasn't, unless she was so messed up that she is confused and her recollection of how she disposed of the body is wrong. Otherwise, she's downright stupid to say she disposed of a container that just happen to have the body of a murdered child, that just happened to have been torched with some kind of welding device, etc. and she had no idea what was inside. Could she really be that "dumb"?

I guess it really doesn't matter. The main thing is she was caught. I so thank God for that video!

K.

My posts regarding the container were just SPECULATION... however, there was a container/trash can:

"Investigators said they found burned carpet and twine—similar to material that was found with the body—in Nelson’s home, as well as other physical evidence in a trash can."

http://www.khou.com/home/Police-Wom...oulless-murderer-112682194.html?commentPage=1

Again, this is the container that I have been speculating about. I believe the police have a very good idea of what went down that day, however, I also believe that Mona and her attorney and Q <Mod Snip> are creating reasonable doubt.

MOO :twocents:

This should be easy to prove or disprove. Was Jonathan found in a container? Did the video show her disposing of a container? tia

No, according to the detective who spoke at the press conference, the motorist spotted a body in the ditch. The detective did not say the person in the video tape removed a container from the bed of her truck.

<snip>

On Tuesday, December 28th around 10 am a passing motorist spotted what appeared to be a body in a ditch. Patrol units responded and found the body in the ditch.

We obtained a probable cause warrant although she still has not confessed to killing Jonathan Foster, but she has admitted that it was her truck, she was the person at the ditch and she is the person in the video who can be seen placing the body in the ditch.

link to press conference

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5948085&postcount=63"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #7[/ame]

Anything is possible with regards to Mona doing something after the death.

I have no clue if there ever was a presser where LE has lied or twisted the truth in a presser. I am only familiar with "sources close to the investigation" that twist things. :)

Many moons ago, during the search for Jessica Lundsford, local LE declared they have found *advertiser censored* on the family computer. They left hanging a question as to whether it was child *advertiser censored*. Much mumbling went on about Mark or his dad because of that statement.

After she was discovered and prior to John Couey being announced as the perp, LE publically retracted the *advertiser censored* on the computer statement, stating an error had been made.

I also recall some very damning 'official' statements about the Duke Lacrosse guys that turned out to be false or inflated.

I now add salt to LE pressers too.

I believe it was in Yesterday's Presser: Paraphrased-By her own admission and others', MN was at JFs residence at about 12:30.

We also have that she and her vehicle have been placed at JFs residence at around 2 PM, the time of his disappearance:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7359495.html

She also was identified by a witness as the woman seen Friday at the Fosters' small cottage near an apartment complex on Oak.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7869821

Also, a witness observed a female arriving at the residence in a gray or silver pickup about the same time those threatening calls were made," read a prosecutor during the probable cause hearing.

I wish the reporter who interviewed MN yesterday would mention whether she has a "raspy" voice or not.

We must also try not to take what MN is saying as 'whole truth'. Like the initial mistruths, some of her statements may be self serving and CYA, but there maybe an iota of truth. She is singing like a canary anyhow, so there'll be plenty to keep investigators and sleuths busy.

Did LE return DD's car yet?

I did either read or heard on a video yesterday during the flood of MSM reports/info that DDs car had been returned to him.

If come across again, will link.

It seems to be the norm with regards to players in many cases giving truthful and "half-truth" (lies) statements, and this one appears to be no different.

I have no idea if LE returned the car to DD yet. It's possible and I may have missed it. :)

I know I read somewhere yesterday that DD was going to pick up his car. Or heard it on a news video, not sure. I will see if I can find that link again.

I have to say that I still beleive this was a 'hit' and that Mona may have been the messenger/get rid of the body person, but perhaps did not do this on her own.
I believe the police are hoping to goad her into revealing her 'employer' but I don't believe she will do that.
I believe this because it's the only thing that makes sense to me. Yes, she has a criminal past, but it's not one that I would look at and go 'hmmmm....she's got serial killer traits. She doesn't appear to be someone who would kill for pleasure. I'm sure if she was burglarizing a property, and needed to 'rough up' kids to get money/jewelry, etc, she might, especially if she was under the influence of something. But somehow, to me, her acting on her own...
I see her more as a Mechanic, enforcer, whatever. But no, not someone who would do this for what appears to no real reason....

just my opinion

I agree- also, when I read that lengthy ABC article,and then the comments, every person commenting stated how the parents and everything about them still seem suspicious and it just doesn't seem plausible that MN just did this on a whim. HOWEVER the detectives comments are extreme, and if this is a"ploy"or tactic to get info. it is way over the top .I've hardly ever heard a LE official speak this way at this stage of the game. [/I]

I think so as well. She only confessed to dumping the body because she had no choice. Apparently, nobody saw her leave with Jonathan and he was obviously alive when that call took place.

It just makes no sense that she would say he was in a container when she should know he obviously wasn't, unless she was so messed up that she is confused and her recollection of how she disposed of the body is wrong. Otherwise, she's downright stupid to say she disposed of a container that just happen to have the body of a murdered child, that just happened to have been torched with some kind of welding device, etc. and she had no idea what was inside. Could she really be that "dumb"?

I guess it really doesn't matter. The main thing is she was caught. I so thank God for that video!

K.

BBM.................YES! IMHO, she COULD and IS that dumb!

The only way to get herself out of this, because they have her on video dumping the body,.......................is to say, 'she was given a container to dispose of and she didn't know what was in it.'

Now, we all KNOW the body was NOT in a container and didn't even have clothes.

I realize that we've seen a lot of misreporting on this case. But we saw the presser yesterday where the detective said the body was NOT in anything or wrapped in anything. He said this before MN met with this other guy and before she gave her statement to the news reporter.

Who are you going to believe?

My bet is on LE!

In addition, the detective said yesterday that she was TRYING to implicate others and they checked them all out thoroughly and she did this ALONE. Everything she says is 'self-serving.' She's a :liar:

and yes! I'm glad she got caught too!

JMHO
fran

I'm just not comfortable accepting the below as evidence he was not alive when she burned him. I don't want for that to be the case, but it just doesn't convince me. If she tortured him, she deserves the worst possible sentence. Putting out this theory is comforting to some, but could work out in her favor in the end.

Snipped:

An autopsy found no soot in the boy's lungs, so Miller said Jonathan likely was not alive when he was burned.

I did either read or heard on a video yesterday during the flood of MSM reports/info that DDs car had been returned to him.

If come across again, will link.

Passed by home yesterday, saw car had been returned...
imo

I agree- also, when I read that lengthy ABC article,and then the comments, every person commenting stated how the parents and everything about them still seem suspicious and it just doesn't seem plausible that MN just did this on a whim. HOWEVER the detectives comments are extreme, and if this is a"ploy"or tactic to get info. it is way over the top .I've hardly ever heard a LE official speak this way at this stage of the game. [/I]

Has anyone considered that maybe she was planning on robbing not just them, but others in the complex? Since she had worked there, she was familiar with the property, and knew which places had children.

She would assume that there would be lots of toys and maybe video games, etc. She could rob them and then sell the things she took. Maybe she was not expecting anyone to be home and when Jonathan was there she had to do something to cover for herself and in a panic Jonathan was killed or severally injured. Just a thought.

Stories are wobbling some, trying to clarify. From the MSM

What's real and what isn't?

Jonathan&#8217;s mother, Angela Davis, said she&#8217;d met Nelson only once, on the night of her son&#8217;s disappearance.

Nelson was friends with Davis&#8217; roommate, SE, who frequently babysat for Foster.

Police said SE described Nelson as a friend who used to work in maintenance at an apartment complex across the street. Davis had moved into the home with Ennamorato on Dec. 14, after she and Jonathan&#8217;s stepfather split up.

Since both Davis and SE had to work on Christmas Eve, Foster was to stay home by himself until his mother returned. While at work that morning, a colleague told Davis her son had called the office and was asking for SE's number.

According to information read at a probable cause hearing, Davis then received a phone call from a woman who made threatening remarks about her son. Concerned, Davis said she called her home phone repeatedly as she drove there.

She said an unknown woman finally answered around 2 p.m. &#8211; just minutes before she made it back to the apartment.

Davis said she asked the woman if she could speak to Foster.

Davis said she heard a woman ask her son, "Is your mama&#8217;s name Angela?" And then heard Foster say, "Yes ma&#8217;am, my mama&#8217;s name is Angela," before the line went dead.

When Davis got to the apartment moments later, she said cartoons were still on the TV, and a game was up on the computer screen.

Several events are reported in this news link

MSM link

http://www.khou.com/news/HPD-defends-Amber-Alert-delay-112574489.html

Why can't you accept this evidence? Nothing thus far has been sugar coated about the gruesomeness of this.

I doubt soot would be in a person's lungs if they were burned randomly here and there. I agree that he was not burned to death, but I just don't see how they can tell for sure that she did not burn him before death.

BBM.................YES! IMHO, she COULD and IS that dumb!

The only way to get herself out of this, because they have her on video dumping the body,.......................is to say, 'she was given a container to dispose of and she didn't know what was in it.'

Now, we all KNOW the body was NOT in a container and didn't even have clothes.

I realize that we've seen a lot of misreporting on this case. But we saw the presser yesterday where the detective said the body was NOT in anything or wrapped in anything. He said this before MN met with this other guy and before she gave her statement to the news reporter.

Who are you going to believe?

My bet is on LE!

In addition, the detective said yesterday that she was TRYING to implicate others and they checked them all out thoroughly and she did this ALONE. Everything she says is 'self-serving.' She's a :liar:

and yes! I'm glad she got caught too!

JMHO
fran

She's definitely a liar. I do not think she will ever confess to the murder, only the disposal. She would not have admitted anything if she had not been convinced LE really did have a video of her dumping the body. Which is why the container story is so stupid. She would have to know it won't fly because she knows his little body wasn't in anything, unless she was so out of it that she thought she did dispose of him in a container somewhere. It would have been smarter to say someone forced her to dispose of the remains but she didn't kill him as opposed to such an obvious lie. I just hope some juror doesn't have reasonable doubt and let her off on the murder charge.

K.

I doubt soot would be in a person's lungs if they were burned randomly here and there. I agree that he was not burned to death, but I just don't see how they can tell for sure that she did not burn him before death.

I think it might be present even in very minute quantities if he were still breathing when the burning was taking place. I think that is what the autopsy was looking for.

stormy did i miss your recount of your visit with DD?

WS doesn't allow for repeating conversations with players in a case. WS does not condone members contacting case players and then reporting on conversations.

Hope that helps,

Salem

She left home at age 15 and met her future husband, Michael Nelson, shortly before her 16th birthday. The couple married on May 7, 1983, when the bride was 17 and the groom 28.

Two months later, Nelson reportedly gave birth to twins - a boy and a girl - three months prematurely.

This article contains some background info on MN. Appears her babies were only a year old when she commited armed robbery. Then in 1991 she got caught smuggling immigrants across the border and went to prison for 3 years. Her children would have been 8 years old at the time. She continued to commit crimes after being released from prison.

Now she claims she's a mother, a grandmother and loves children so could not hurt any child. Wrong! Looks to me she's been hurting her own children their whole life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
veegees