TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's an actor Ima. EDIT: Or member of a band?

One quick question.

Let's say you have a door in your home that doesn't latch properly. Any door. Screen door, sliding door, screendoor.

If it's that cold outside, wouldn't your attention be drawn to it not being closed properly because of the cold seeping in?

The whole door thing nudges me at the back of my head and I'm trying to puzzle it out for now. Be patient I can be such a noodge LOL.

JMHO.

Ok thanks, I guess I'm showing my age here LOL. :floorlaugh:

Ima

@Kat -
I'm pretty much in agreement with all you've said ..

When the Texas Rangers were called in - well that was kind of a given to me .. NB Police is handling - which tells me they're actually in the city limits .. I was just thinking - A LOT of New Braunfels on that side of I-35 is actually Guadalupe County .. which could also explain needing more resources - not as wealthy a county I think .. Either way - There's a LOT more LE power going for just a wander away incident ..

bolded respectfully by me.

This gives me pause too pamlet.

I don't know protocol for TX and missing children off hand but if I'm not mistaken for the FBI to be there local LE has to request their presence.

They also brought in Texas rangers.

Those two are heavy hitters.

Now it could very well be that the FBI was requested because of lack of needed resources in the local LE (and that was also the reason for the TX Rangers too) but NB is in Comal County which is very close to Bexar County and not too far from Travis County, those Counties could have been called on to assist with resources if needed. Comal isn't a small county or poor by any means IMHO.

(I lived in CenTex for nine years and although I wasn't born in TX I got there as soon as I could and I fully intend to go back to TX and live out the rest of my natural life---it is my "home").

As an aside, calling in the Rangers? hooo boy. They ain't no joke right there. I have the deepest and most profound respect for the Rangers and if this child could have been found they would have found him by now IMHO.

But as other's have said:

1. The child did not get beamed up or vaporized. He has to be somewhere.

2. He isn't still in that house because IIRC cadaver dogs were brought in earlier this week and also if he were in the house---the home is warm enough to indicate decomp.

3. I'm not concerned about no scent being found outside the house as far as old scents. I am concerned that nothing was found in any area surrounding the house but then again that does depend on many variables--weather, wind, cold, heat, etc. The wind could have simply blown his scent away if there was a wind. It's not an "aha" for me IMHO.

4. I am concerned that there were that many adults in the home and no one has any idea where this child got off to...

5. I really really want to know what forensic evidence they have that has given them leads they are running down. What did they find?

Now the bottom line on how I process info. Yes, there is a remote possibility that he was abducted by a stranger. Very very remote. Pretty much a snowball's chance in Hello in my humble opinion. Just looking at the circumstances.

It is possible that that many adults weren't paying any attention whatsoever to a 18 month old child and didn't pay any attention when the child left out the door that didn't latch---because why? Did the child turn around and shut the door behind him? JMHO.

My thoughts are that someone in that home knows what happened to this baby.

Please let me be wrong. Please let this baby be found closeby and found as soon as possible.

JMHO above. Subject to change as more info comes out.

I agree with pretty much all of this. I am still stuck on the no scent though :waitasec:

Last week was cold here and Saturday my kids were finally able to get outside. They love to play outside. They are 2 and 4. The winter so far has been hard on them :(

I suppose though I need to realize not everyone take their kids outside when there is a break in the weather....

One quick question.

Let's say you have a door in your home that doesn't latch properly. Any door. Screen door, sliding door, screendoor.

If it's that cold outside, wouldn't your attention be drawn to it not being closed properly because of the cold seeping in?

The whole door thing nudges me at the back of my head and I'm trying to puzzle it out for now. Be patient I can be such a noodge LOL.

JMHO.

I think it would bug me, but if it was a constant thing, I would lose track of it after awhile. I have a heavy metal screen door that won't stay latched for anything. It used to drive me nuts because I knew that it was open, even when I couldn't see it. I only think about it now when the wind slams it against the house. How long have they lived there, does anyone know?

It has been confirmed multiple times that the trailing dogs brought in initially were DOJ Bloodhounds from the prison. And yes, IMO those are NOT the right ones. It has also been stated multiple times that they could pick up a trail. This is not because there was no trail, but because they couldn't. There is a trail there, several of them, it was his house. KWIM?

SAR area search and HRD dogs were brought in later. Obviously the area search dogs have not found him. The one component we don't know anything about is the HRD dogs. They have not found his body, we know that. We do not know if they have been used in the house, to check the cars, to check all around the house and nearby houses. If they were used for these things we certainly don't know what if anything they found. There are only a few FEMA dogs on the list of dogs that they called out, and I don't know if they were actually on the ground or not, so I can't speculate as to the effectiveness of the dogs. It is entirely possible that the HRD dogs found evidence and we just aren't hearing about it.

Ima

I had no idea who it was either Ima, I just knew it wasn't someone involved in the case.

And I'm 25.

Oh wait... I turned 26 in August. :innocent:

Yeah, it's not age. :waitasec:

I think it would bug me, but if it was a constant thing, I would lose track of it after awhile. I have a heavy metal screen door that won't stay latched for anything. It used to drive me nuts because I knew that it was open, even when I couldn't see it. I only think about it now when the wind slams it against the house. How long have they lived there, does anyone know?

Good point NMK.

But if it was a screen door and it didn't latch then why was the interior door open? It was frigid cold outside. KWIM?

So let's say...the screen door didn't latch. The interior door would have to have been left open for 18 month old Joshua to have opened it correct?

I am thinking he is too young to have reached up---turned the knob---opened the interior door---pushed the screen door that didn't latch open---and pull the interior door closed behind him---so that none of the 6 or 7 adults (read varying numbers and not quite clear on exact number) of adults in that small home saw him do it?

Is it possible for a child that age to open a door knob? I guess it could be possible. I can only go by the experience of having had five children myself and thinking back to what they were capable of at 18 months...KWIM? Possible but how probable? JMHO.

Okay so let's say that the door was a sliding door. Did this 18 month old child open the sliding door and then close the sliding door behind him?

The door would have had to been closed behind him or the frigid air (which would have been noticed right off the bat IMHO because it was so unusual for that area. The cold would have come right in drawing attention.

I told you I was being a noodge! LOL. HAHA I"m sorry I just got this in my head and I"m chewing the dickens out of it!

:) all JMHO.

It has been confirmed multiple times that the trailing dogs brought in initially were DOJ Bloodhounds from the prison. And yes, IMO those are NOT the right ones. It has also been stated multiple times that they could pick up a trail. This is not because there was no trail, but because they couldn't. There is a trail there, several of them, it was his house. KWIM?

SAR area search and HRD dogs were brought in later. Obviously the area search dogs have not found him. The one component we don't know anything about is the HRD dogs. They have not found his body, we know that. We do not know if they have been used in the house, to check the cars, to check all around the house and nearby houses. If they were used for these things we certainly don't know what if anything they found. There are only a few FEMA dogs on the list of dogs that they called out, and I don't know if they were actually on the ground or not, so I can't speculate as to the effectiveness of the dogs. It is entirely possible that the HRD dogs found evidence and we just aren't hearing about it.

The focus has shifted again in the search for missing 18-month old Joshua Davis Jr, who has been missing for nearly a week now. New Braunfels Police officials say their focus is now honed in on investigating certain forensic leads, although the ground and air search for signs of the missing boy continues to expand, now out to the 2-mile radius surrounding the boy’s home on Savannah Hill Circle, which sits off of Klein Road and Walnut Avenue. New Braunfels Police Lt. Michael Penshorn says that in the last 24 hours there’s been a significant increase in the number of FBI agents that are now participating in the investigation, as many as 30 agents, many of which are from the San Antonio Field Office and their forensics analysis team. That forensics team spent most of yesterday searching the boy’s home and going over evidence collected from early on in the investigation, along with new evidence, including a bundle that was taken from the backyard of the home that Penshorn identified as a tarp and a bucket that had been identified as items of interest. http://kgnb.am/news/forensics-now-focus-search-missing-toddler

ITA that they may have some evidence Sarx... after reading the above....

O/T: Just curious - what do y'all call them?

That's always been a beanie in So CA - until they became designer digs and became Muslim beanies, Rasta beanies or whatever.

As an aside - does anyone know what the big facility is on the property behind the house? It looks like a school to me .. (If I didn't have this stinkin' cold I'd drive over there .. :innocent:)

Klein Road Elementary I believe, it is where the original searchers organized.

Kat - re pregnancy and LDT - some organizations will use them and some won't due to stressing the unborn baby - they are supposedly just as reliable pregnant or not. Discussed earlier in this thread (there are links also).

From belimom: http://www.professionallitigationservices.com/polygraphfaq.asp#errors

Two posts with links by Nicki077:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6113410&postcount=170

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6113444&postcount=171

I agree with pretty much all of this. I am still stuck on the no scent though :waitasec:

Last week was cold here and Saturday my kids were finally able to get outside. They love to play outside. They are 2 and 4. The winter so far has been hard on them :(

I suppose though I need to realize not everyone take their kids outside when there is a break in the weather....

You are right. Not everyone takes their kids out in the winter. Especially a child with asthma when Mom is 8 months pregnant. My little girls, both with asthma went outside under 50 degrees about once a year until they were 4. They just couldn't handle it. This year, they haven't played in the snow yet because each time it has snowed they have had a cold. That cold is enough to push them over that edge and they can't handle both at the same time.

I personally believe the reason they haven't found a scent is because it's the wrong dogs.

As SARX said, these are the prison dogs. They are used to track down escaped inmates... not missing people. They are not trained to track a trail that is several days old. So they would not be likely to pick up an older trail at all. We do not know about the other dogs, what kind of trail they are capable of tracking.

This doesn't mean that LE doesn't care, it means they may not realize the huge difference. To them a dog is a dog... just like to many parents a car seat is a car seat. They aren't trying to kill their kid.

The best of intentions doesn't mean it's being done correctly. You can still be misinformed.

I am not in the least bit surprised the dogs haven't found a scent. I fully believe if they had brought in the right dogs on day 1 that they likely would have found him by now. IF there is a trail leading to him.

Oh, no...this isn't sounding any better..... One "silly" thing that bothers me.....he calls it a beanie...what is that? Is that a ball cap? I was born in Texas and live in Oklahoma now and I've never heard it called that ever. Could they have moved here from some other part of the country? Maybe it's just me LOL

I call it a tobaggan, but I know what he is talking about. On his girlfriend's facebook it says she is from Chicago, Ill. I don't know where he is from.

Ima

I keep thinking the problem is "our" band members and actors are showing their age - it seems anymore they all just look old and the new ones all look so very, very young! :rocker: :rocker: :floorlaugh:

I call it a tobaggan, but I know what he is talking about. On his girlfriend's facebook it says she is from Chicago, Ill. I don't know where he is from.

That makes sense...we call them Ski masks. My daughter lives in the north and sometimes I think they speak a different language. Soda/pop ....we say caddy corner, they say kitty corner etc.

One quick question.

JMHO.

The door story has me baffled. The mom said, I thought, there was only one door, but in picture#11 it looks like stairs to a back door? Or am I wrong?

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Search-for-missing-tot-continues-1003212.php

220px-The_Edge's_face.jpg

Does he mean one of these? I've never hear these called anything other than a knit hat/cap. In Canada, they'd say tuque.

There are also Muslim beanies that are normally knit. Some non-Muslims wear them just because they are fashionable. Also, Rasta beanies.

Yes this is what he is talking about. I call it a tobaggan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28