TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
“There were seven people in the house, and some of them have been truthful and some have not,” said Capt. John McDonald of the New Braunfels police, who are being assisted by the FBI and Texas Rangers.

No one is being called a suspect or person of interest, he said, despite inconsistencies in the accounts of those at the mobile home that night.

“They keep insisting we know more than we've told them,” said Josh Davis, 24, who denies knowing about any injury to Joshua or his whereabouts. “I can't share information I don't have.”
He confirmed that police told him and his father, Jerome Davis, that elevated heart rates on their polygraph tests just after the boy vanished raised suspicions of duplicity.

McDonald said the friend that Josh Davis suspects holds the key to the case has “hired an attorney and done several interviews. The cooperation is there to a certain extent.”

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...r-no-sign-of-Joshua-3041473.php#ixzz2JxUIcatt

It sounds to me like the cops believe the family is covering something up. I think the family is pointing the blame at the visitor, as a deflection. JMO

Is there any chance that the person that left, left in one vehicle and returned in a different one? Meaning something happened with the first vehicle involving Joshua?

For a long time I felt that Joshua's body would be found when the snow had melted but no remains were ever found. Also prescribed to the well and septic tank theory for awhile.
I don't believe the parents were involved so I guess I have now fallen into the "taken" theory. The only person mentioned to be involved was the friend who had left and come back later. I assume he has been cleared by this time.
Who does that leave? One of their neighbors?

Is there any chance that the person that left, left in one vehicle and returned in a different one? Meaning something happened with the first vehicle involving Joshua?

For a long time I felt that Joshua's body would be found when the snow had melted but no remains were ever found. Also prescribed to the well and septic tank theory for awhile.

I don't believe the parents were involved so I guess I have now fallen into the "taken" theory.

The only person mentioned to be involved was the friend who had left and come back later. I assumed he had been cleared by this time, but I like your thought of a different vehicle being involved.

Otherwise, who would that leave? One of their neighbors? I wonder if any of them had moved away shortly afterwards?

yes I keep wondering if it was a case of no one paying attention to the child and he got out ( could he have been going in and out with any other children, and it was assumed he came back in?) and while he was out something happened involving someone who was not in that house that day/evening

and for some reason, no one in the house can or will admit to having been negligent...just thinking:(

More from http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...r-no-sign-of-Joshua-3041473.php#ixzz2JxUIcatt

Private investigator Charlie Parker, who briefly worked on the case for the family, subscribes to the theory that the boy was accidentally fatally injured — possibly run over by a car.

“Rather than call the police, I think they buried the body and I think the family knows where it is,” said Parker, who reported finding no blood or other evidence on vehicles he checked.

As a parent, I just can't imagine being ok with this?

The father of still-missing toddler Joshua Davis Jr. was arrested this week on a felony warrant out of Guadalupe County.

New Braunfels Police officials say they were performing a routine traffic stop on a vehicle in the 39-hundred block of Morningside Drive around 8:40 Monday evening and, as they performed their normal check on the identities of those in the car, they found that there was a felony arrest warrant out of Guadalupe County for one of the passengers, 25-year old Joshua Davis.

Davis (left) was apparently wanted out of Guadalupe County on a felony-level Motion to Adjudicate Guilt warrant, stemming from a previous burglary of a habitation charge.

http://kgnb.am/news/father-missing-toddler-arrested-felony-warrant-out-guadalupe-county

I don't believe the parents were involved so I guess I have now fallen into the "taken" theory.

The only person mentioned to be involved was the friend who had left and come back later. I assumed he had been cleared by this time, but I like your thought of a different vehicle being involved.

Otherwise, who would that leave? One of their neighbors? I wonder if any of them had moved away shortly afterwards?

My dad lived in a subdivision about a mile from little Joshua's house, I remember it was extremely cold when Joshua went missing and while there might have been a bit of snow during the day that melted away, I don't remember there being any depth of snow that would possibly cover a body. My memory doesn't always serve me correctly though.

I've never thought of the friend leaving in one car and possibly coming back in another. That's definitely a possibility.

My thoughts are that if something happened to this little guy and it was truly an accident, if he got outside without them noticing and was run over, why the need to cover it up and not be helpful to the authorities? We hear unfortunate stories about children being run over after they ran behind a car to get a ball or something like that way too much nowadays but if it were truly an accident and he wasn't hurt purposely there isn't anything to hide.

I understand people get scared and might have thought that they would get in trouble anyway, and they might very well have, but my goodness we're talking about a baby here. If an accident happened, don't these people realize it would be more beneficial of them to talk if they do know something rather than not cooperate and only have LE find out the truth later?

Having a baby who isn't much younger than Joshua, has really made this story hit home. I've followed it from the beginning and I hope they find this baby soon.

With the houses being close together, what if Joshua did get out without being noticed and was run over in another driveway in the neighborhood? I wonder if the other driveways were checked for blood? Or the road itself?

With the houses being close together, what if Joshua did get out without being noticed and was run over in another driveway in the neighborhood? I wonder if the other driveways were checked for blood? Or the road itself?

I sure hope the entire neighborhood was checked for any trace of an accident. I know searches were done at the time, but not how extensive or how far away from the house. I think he must have been taken away in a car. While being run over is possible, it is hard to think that the driver could stay calm and quiet enough to "handle" the situation on their own. Surely the first instinct would be to scream for help, IMO

So sad. The mom was pregnant at the time right? So presumably there is a new baby in the house. Are the parents still together? This has a tinge of baby lisa's case to me. But a lot of cases remind me of her, so I could be wrong.

:bump: because I am sick of children harmed by people supposed to care for them!

jmo

Joshua's Charley profile:

davis_joshua11.jpg

Such a beautiful baby, I just cannot understand those who have been less than honest with LE - makes no sense to cover up an accident.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/davis_joshua.html

I still think of you every day, sweet baby Joshua. I wish you could be found, but even if you aren't you'll never be forgotten.

Where could you be, precious Joshua?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required
Back