TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This case has boggled my mind from day one, but it hits something home for me. Being the last person to have kids out of all my siblings, I learned to never, ever to expect a room full of adults to keep an eye open for your kid unless you appoint someone to the task. I saw all too often one of my nieces or nephews either get hurt or go get into some mischief because either my sisters or brother assumed that just because there were other adults around, they could go off and do something else and by osmosis, the remaining adults would just keep an eye on their kids. Wrong! Here's a list of things that happened in my family due to that assumption:
1. My oldest niece (2 at the time) was found playing in a ditch in front of my mom's apartment in one of the worst neighborhoods in town. She had been left alone for goodness knows how long because my sister took off to the store and didn't tell anyone, and the rest of us were moving my mom to her new house and we took off, thinking my niece was with her mum.
2. One niece (6 months)fell off the sideboard from her carseat because my brother went to go do something and just left her there. He assumed that because my sister was cooking two feet away that she would just automatically watch her. Nope, she was paying attention to the food and had no idea my brother had left the room.
3. One nephew (2 years) wandered out into the road because my sister was on the computer in another room and the other adults were watching a movie.
5. One nephew (3 years) decided to go visit his girlfriend who worked at the IGA two blocks away while we were helping his mother pack to move. He ran into his 8 year old sister who left him there, she stating it wasn't her turn to watch him.
4. We almost lost all the nieces and nephews because the adults were inside our camp playing cards and all the kids decided to go for a canoe ride-without a paddle and life jackets. Yep, there were six of them, under ten, crammed into a canoe, way out over their heads, screaming for help.
So, by the time my son came along, I learned my lesson that in a crowd situation, not to depend on the adults around you to automatically watch out for your kid unless you specifically ask one of them to. Most of the near accidents my family encountered were due to a lack of communication and assumption that just because there were other adults around, someone was watching the child. By the grace of God, each and every nephew and niece mentioned above made it to adulthood.

Joshua Davis: Born Aug. 16, 2009 Missing Date: Feb. 4, 2011 Missing From: New Braunfels Joshua was last seen wearing a blue and red button down long sleeve shirt, a gray long sleeve Rocawear shirt, dark blue Rocawear jeans, a beige and white Rocawear onesie, a diaper, and black and white socks. He may be in need of medical attention.

1024x1024.jpg

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/f...for-missing-teenage-7395614.php#photo-4663744

I read what you wrote about your nieces and nephews and it reminded me of my sister in law. I like to play a game with her (she doesn't realize it's my own little game) in the hopes that she would watch her kids. I watch them because I have 2 of my own and I feel like the only responsible adult there. I will see her son go out and wander in the front yard then see him go to the back and ask her where her son is. She starts looking for him in a panic and finds him. She still doesn't watch them. She wants me to let my 3 and 4 year old boys go outside with her kids that are 6 and 8 without adults there. NOT happening.

I read all the threads on precious little Joshua. Where could he be?! My 3 year old disappeared one day. I was at the gas station and he was home with my husband. My neighbor came to the gas station and told me that husband couldn't find 3 year old. I get to my street and every person on the street was looking for my son. I asked if he had called 911 and he said no. 3 year old was missing for about 20 minutes at that time. Nobody thought to call until I yelled to call. We found him less than a minute before the police got there. He was hiding in the pantry. My grandma told my husband to look in the cupboards and places like that and there he was in the pantry. Someone knows where this child is and they need to tell LE.

I read what you wrote about your nieces and nephews and it reminded me of my sister in law. I like to play a game with her (she doesn't realize it's my own little game) in the hopes that she would watch her kids. I watch them because I have 2 of my own and I feel like the only responsible adult there. I will see her son go out and wander in the front yard then see him go to the back and ask her where her son is. She starts looking for him in a panic and finds him. She still doesn't watch them. She wants me to let my 3 and 4 year old boys go outside with her kids that are 6 and 8 without adults there. NOT happening.

Yes, that about sums up my niece and nephews time at family gatherings and get togethers, lol
We were darned lucky and must have had a guardian angel watching over them, too, because nothing tragic happened.

I read all the threads on precious little Joshua. Where could he be?! My 3 year old disappeared one day. I was at the gas station and he was home with my husband. My neighbor came to the gas station and told me that husband couldn't find 3 year old. I get to my street and every person on the street was looking for my son. I asked if he had called 911 and he said no. 3 year old was missing for about 20 minutes at that time. Nobody thought to call until I yelled to call. We found him less than a minute before the police got there. He was hiding in the pantry. My grandma told my husband to look in the cupboards and places like that and there he was in the pantry. Someone knows where this child is and they need to tell LE.

Welcome to WS and this thread.
It's a heartbreaker.
Hard to believe that it's been almost seven years since Joshua became missing.

Reactions: kai
Thank you. It is very hard to believe that it's been that long. I live an hour and a half north of NB and SA and this is the first I've heard of him. I wish I could find out what happened and where he is.

Thank you. It is very hard to believe that it's been that long. I live an hour and a half north of NB and SA and this is the first I've heard of him. I wish I could find out what happened and where he is.

I remember it like it was yesterday. I cant believe it's been that long! I was so lost as to what could have happened to him based on what everyone that was there said. Such a cute little boy. I always remember his little face. :(

Today's church shooting in rural Texas brought Joshua Davis to mind. I have never forgotten this child. Maybe someday we will know what happened.

I think of Joshua often. I truly hope one day he will be found, but it seems less likely with every passing year.

I'll never forget the beautiful smile on his little face, such a happy-looking child. It seems almost impossible that he disappeared with a house full of family right there.

It was a cold night. A family friend left. Other than those 2 points, is there something everyone has missed?

This updated photo just magnifies how many years it has been since little Joshua disappeared.
So heartbreaking that no one has come forth with some information.

This case tears me up, and his age progression breaks my heart.
I'm convinced something isn't adding up with all the witness testimony, like underestimating the time between his mother last saw him and noticing him gone. But, losing track of a child only takes seconds, and they move rather quickly-I know this all too well from experience.

IMHO it is absurd that no one has been held responsible for the disappearance of this precious child. If he has wandered away, in the presence of so many people who were there, he would have been found at some point in the ensuing 7 years time. A child that age could only go so far. I have to believe SOME one removed him from that location that day. The possible suspects are limited. This HAD to have been a case that could have been solved, no? Why wasn’t it? And a precious child is still mysteriously gone for good. How could this be??

This is one child I have never forgotten. Such a beautiful little boy. I totally agree this case should have been solved and wonder why not. What can any of us do?

February 4th marks eight years since little Joshua Davis disappeared from his family’s mobile home in New Braunfels. His family still doesn't know what happened to the toddler, but Joshua's grandmother has since become an advocate for other families of missing people, sharing her perspective as someone who truly knows that pain.

Missing baby case painful reminder for family of New Braunfels toddler

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time
Back