GUILTY TX - Julian Soliz, 5, beaten to death, Austin, 10 April 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This all goes right back to the question that I asked before... WTH happened to that little girl that she needs therapy? I don't even want to imagine... And it's bad enough that they'd keep the 5 year old away from the mother but not the baby?? It's because the baby wouldn't know anything... I wonder how the infant acts during those supervised visits?

This all goes right back to the question that I asked before... WTH happened to that little girl that she needs therapy? I don't even want to imagine... And it's bad enough that they'd keep the 5 year old away from the mother but not the baby?? It's because the baby wouldn't know anything... I wonder how the infant acts during those supervised visits?

Here's a newer article, it's about the custody hearing.

http://news8austin.com/content/top_stories/271618/judge--julian-soliz-case-the-worst-she-s-ever-seen

But they STILL haven't made an arrest here! What the...???

Authorities this afternoon have charged a woman in the April death of a 5-year-old boy.
Nichole Turner, 22, was booked into the Travis County Jail this afternoon on a charge of injury to a child. Her bail was set at $100,000.

Julian Salazar Soliz, 5, had been reported missing April 10 from the Estates at Shoreline apartment where he had been staying. He was found dead nearly two miles away.
Turner called police at 7 a.m. to report that Julian had disappeared 90 minutes earlier, sheriff’s officials have said. School officials for Wells Branch Elementary, where Julian was in kindergarten, said he missed the two previous days of school.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/cont...2010/07/02/caretaker_charged_in_death_of.html

Finally, an arrest and the beginning of justice for little Julian.

Soliz's autopsy concluded he had died from blunt blunt force trauma to his abdomen. This injury could not be attributed to a car accident or a fall, police said.
The charge faced by Turner, 22, is a first-degree felony. Bond was set at $100,000.00.
A 1st degree felony is punishable by imprisonment in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice for life or for any term of not more than 99 years or less than 5 years.
Here are some of the points made in the arrest affidavit:

• Nichole also described “whooping” Julian on Tuesday (April 6) for lying. She later said this occurred on Wednesday (April 7). She described how she hit Julian with a black leather belt because he had told a lie. Nichole described that as she was doing this, she had a hold of Julian’s hand and he was moving around while she was hitting him with the belt. Nichole said she hit Julian on his buttocks with the belt 3 or 4 times. Then when Julian’s pants were down, she hit him with her hand on his buttocks.
  • Nichole was also interviewed by Child Protective Services Investigator Michael Bradburn and she advised Bradburn on Tuesday, April 6 she whipped Julian with a belt 3 or 4 times. He was moving around so she had to switch to her hand and pull his pants down and spanked him 3 or 4 times on the buttocks. As Nichole was doing this, Julian fell to the ground and Nichole had a hold of him by his wrist. Julian continued moving about and she continued holding him by the wrist as she was swinging the belt. Nichole admitted that the belt could have struck Julian on the head and could have struck him in the stomach. Nichole said she realized that she had lost control.
http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/crime/father's-girlfriend-charged-in-death

IMHO I don't think a BELT would do so much blunt force trauma as to kill, but I could be really wrong...Glad to hear of an arrest finally. Thank you for the update.

How sad... I'm so so sorry Julian. I'm glad they caught your monster.

Oh Julian :cry:

I'm just so sorry baby boy.

The woman charged in the April death of 5 year old Julian Salazar Soliz has been released from the Travis County Jail on $100,000 bail.
Nichole Turner, 22, was booked and charged with injury to a child Friday, and was released that night around 11:30 p.m.
Turner, who authorities say is Julian's father's girlfriend, was baby-sitting the boy when she reported him missing April 10th.
Later that day, the boy's body was found in a grassy area in Wells Branch.
According to a court affadavit, Turner admitted to beating Julian with a belt.
The medical examiner later said the child died from blunt force trauma to the abdomen.

http://www.kvue.com/home/Woman-char...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Now I see what the holdup was...they were working on trying to get a murder charge but couldn't. I wish they could, he obviously died from injuries from something other than a belt! Can we say multiple punches to the stomach?!? Just admit it, lady!

And how did he get a mile away? It saddens me deeply to think he was hurting so bad that he wandered away looking for help, or a family member, or his school...and died alone and in such pain.

What a waste of a precious little one's life. He doesn't hurt anymore.

my husband works at the paper here and brought a paper home shortly after her release and there was an article (that i didn't read) where she had taken back what she said about the beating and that she was babysitting him and boasting about doing it for FREE, with no money from the mom or dad. this all said through her lawyer that she has now apparently.

She got 35 years.

from aspiring drifter's link:

Prosecutors said that Turner was behind the black eye and broken collarbone Julian suffered in March 2010.

Turner also admitted to detectives that she beat Julian with a belt and her hands in the days preceding the child's death, according to testimony.

Can a mod update the title to "Guilty?" TIA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth
Back